- How many WSOP events will you play next year, now that you are finally old enough?I really have not thought about it, probably not too many as I know you won't be able to sponsor me in any events. I also don't like playing live in summer. I reckon 5 at most.
- What are the rules of bar poker? Is this something I could specialise in?
Rules of bar poker: You sit at the bar and you cannot mention anything to do with poker. Saying "I run bad" or the word "Bluff" will result in a shot of sambuca. I came up with this game when I was so sick of people talking about poker and it really works!
1. Stars Million you are in the BB with 25k Chips blinds 500/1000. you have AK o/s and are facing a raise to 4000 from a mid position solid player who also has 25K ...what now?Easy shove and I am not bothered If I get called at this stage.
2. Table selection - what software / criteria do you use to aid your selection?Pokeracehud with an idleminer works for me. Before I used to choose the best 6 tables as there would always be at least 2 morons. At the higher levels I sit at a table that has at least 1 idiot with 50BB's or more.
3. 10/20 NL cash table you raise to $70 from the button with As
both blinds call and check the
flop. you bet $160. The sb folds and the BB makes it $480.....what now ( you both have 2K stacks )Easy shove once again, you have a lot of equity.
What do you feel is the best way to deal with min-raisers or do you not find them irritating ?I, unlike most people love min-raisers. It's only usually weak players that do it and they give away a lot of information if you pay attention.
Are you perhaps a serial min-raiser yourself ?
No, there was a good article written by an FTP pro not long ago explaining why there is never a good spot to min-raise, ever.
Do you like Indian food?
Yes, I love it
If so what is your favourite dish?If it's hot weather I tend to go for a chicken tikka masala otherwise it's usually a Chicken bhuna or lamb pathia
As i live near Cheltenham, which is your favourite pub,club and restaurant in town?
Pub- Kings arms in prestbury as my local or miranda's on the bath road.
Club- Possibly Blush, subtone is always a good crack too.
Restaurant- Thai Emerald.
Have you read a book called Stone Junction? If not then you should. The main character is called Daniel and there is a poker story that you'll like!I'm getting very lazy with reading poker books lately
Which live and online players do you respect the most? Online, I don't play on any bigger sites so I can't comment on this as I don't think I bump into any tough competition. Live probably Julian Thew as he is quite unpredictable, he is also a great person which also gets respect points from me.
Which poker player(s) do you think you most resemble/wish to emulate the success of?I think I have quite a unique style and have always wanted to have my "own" style, but if I could have a better live game I would love to be able to be any well known loose-aggressive player, something I want to try and go for next year. Perhaps a more Ram style?
Which casino do you like the most and why? (will probably change when you go to vegas next month!)Walsall, the card room is great and it's also my local.
What is your favourite poker book?Ace on the river for entertainment. HoH for learning.