blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:31:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  State of the Forum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: State of the Forum  (Read 30716 times)
sharky_uk

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 06:16:25 PM »

I wouldn't expect to see "Get a Harder Erection in Minutes - Guaranteed" type ads on a "Family Friendly" forum!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 06:18:35 PM »

I wouldn't expect to see "Get a Harder Erection in Minutes - Guaranteed" type ads on a "Family Friendly" forum!

Ban him, NOW.

I would if i were mod.

HI HELEN!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 06:20:46 PM »

Ban him, NOW.

I would if i were mod.

I was rather interested in the advert, as it happens. Harder? Medium-ur would be  result.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 06:35:32 PM »

Ban him, NOW.

I would if i were mod.

I was rather interested in the advert, as it happens. Harder? Medium-ur would be  result.

There'll probably be one advertising a semi soon...

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 06:37:17 PM »

I agree with much of what you say TK.  I think the issue is some folk don't get humour and don't realise a piss take and this in turn sets some people off, my only concern is over the "family forum" I think we have to remember that the game this forum is based around is a grown ups game and instigates grown up chat.

I say ban the boy band its all their fault. Smiley  Oh and Boldie for being German.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 06:40:45 PM »

I agree with much of what you say TK.  I think the issue is some folk don't get humour and don't realise a piss take and this in turn sets some people off, my only concern is over the "family forum" I think we have to remember that the game this forum is based around is a grown ups game and instigates grown up chat.

I say ban the boy band its all their fault. Smiley  Oh and Boldie for being German.

That's extremely valid. We all have differing senses, types, & degrees of humour.

And there are some who just don't have one - or one that we "get".

It's quite an interesting problem, that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 06:42:09 PM »

Ban him, NOW.

I would if i were mod.

Dont take any before you get on the plane

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 06:43:02 PM »

QFT..we can't have our bread buttered on both sides.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 06:47:10 PM »

QFT..we can't have our bread buttered on both sides.

I agree.

b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 07:24:15 PM »

I don't post on Blonde much, though i read most days.

I have lots of blonde friends and i get far more from blonde than they get from me. I decided to post a message of agreement/support to Tony and the Blonde staff generally, but if i'm honest i can't quite find the words i want to say. So maybe just a plain Thank you will suffice and i hope this stance gets the result we all want (well who doesn't?).

Thank you,

Matt Tyler
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 07:39:12 PM »

I have lots of blonde friends and i get far more from blonde than they get from me. I decided to post a message of agreement/support to Tony and the Blonde staff generally, but if i'm honest i can't quite find the words i want to say. So maybe just a plain Thank you will suffice and i hope this stance gets the result we all want (well who doesn't?).

Thank you,

Matt Tyler

+1....eloquently put

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 07:46:14 PM »

Thank you,

Matt Tyler

Just read through your Blondepedia profile sir, this post justifies all that Snoopy wrote for it.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 07:46:59 PM »

Thank you,

Matt Tyler

I would also like to thank Blonde as i get a lot out of the forum and appreciate the effort put in by all concerned and also the welcoming nature of others.I feel my only way of paying this back is to play on the cardroom so that is the main site i play on.

So Tikay it will be my intention to keep to what you're asking for as i presume 99% of others also will and i thank you for creating such a great forum.
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 07:54:46 PM »

fair point Mr K

cmon all group hug now and lets avoid a summer of discontent.
KevIRL

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 07:55:44 PM »

I felt I would my own blonde story to perhaps lift the sense of gloom and despondancy from the original post.

I first heard of blonde when I played in the side event of the Waterford Open in November 2007, I read all the updates on the site and regged and posted some replies. I also headed back over for the updates of the team event in Waterford in Feburary and again for the Irish Open. During the Waterford events I chatted with a few blondes and had some laughs, so while I was looking at the updates for the IO, I started browsing around the other forums. I stumbled across some of the 'In the Well' threads and also the Wednesday night tournaments with the extra blonde value run by Colchester Kev. I liked the general attitude of fun and by and large people who are v knowledgeable in the game.

Anyway I decided to make deposit of €100 onto blonde, played the Wednesday night tournament, and had good laugh with the banter etc in the thread, played another few and won a t-shirt on my 3rd attempt. Around this time I checked out the loyalty scheme and decided not to cash out the (decent enough) roll I had built on Blondepoker. Blondepoker is now my main client by a distance for playing on ipoker. True I dont post on the forum all that much, due to time constraints, but anytime I check it out I always find threads I enjoy.

Sorry if that post sounds a little braggy, its not meant to. Its just meant to let you know that some of your aims are being met.

KUGTW

Kev
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: