blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:20:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Omaha - Have I got the right price to call?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Omaha - Have I got the right price to call?  (Read 2192 times)
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 03:11:10 PM »

Floppy

Just going back to your initial point about reraising pre flop.

It seemed risky to me because he was first to act after the flop and if he called then shoved to a bad flop for me I've got no comeback despite getting ridic high pot odds.

Obviously my mistake here is not being deep enough but like I said it was late and I didn't want to reload.

If it had got round to me I would've made the initial raise because then I could commit my stack to a reraise and get all 5 cards which is what we want with a drawing hand. Alternatively if it gets flatted I've got position and matbe enough to raise any flop bet or possibly steal if it checks round.

To me this is purely a question of stack size but I can't see the merit in the raise given what I was sat with.

If you reraise you are committing your stack to all 5 cards though! A standard raise isnt!

HI HELEN!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 03:19:24 PM »

Floppy

It seemed risky to me because he was first to act after the flop and if he called then shoved to a bad flop for me I've got no comeback despite getting ridic high pot odds.

Obviously my mistake here is not being deep enough but like I said it was late and I didn't want to reload.

If it had got round to me I would've made the initial raise because then I could commit my stack to a reraise and get all 5 cards which is what we want with a drawing hand. Alternatively if it gets flatted I've got position and matbe enough to raise any flop bet or possibly steal if it checks round.

To me this is purely a question of stack size but I can't see the merit in the raise given what I was sat with.

Calling preflop is bleeding money.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 03:21:52 PM »

Floppy

If you reraise you are committing your stack to all 5 cards though! A standard raise isnt!

If I'm first to act on the flop I am but if I totally miss the flop how can I call a shove?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 03:24:10 PM »

Floppy

If I'm first to act on the flop I am but if I totally miss the flop how can I call a shove?

Don't look at the flop obv. You can get $40 odd of your $80 odd in pre, aint like your gonna fold the flop!

HI HELEN!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 03:24:26 PM »

Floppy

Defo, Leona Lewis stylieee

HI HELEN!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 03:25:10 PM »

Floppy

I should've just reloaded to $400 or gone to bed I suppose. That's what put me in the situation.

Anyway I sucked out and won and got called a Donkey. lol.

Just wanted to know if my call to his shove was ok. Looks like it was dubious but almost justifiable given the pot odds.

I undertsand all the pre flop stuff you're saying. Must make sure I'm sat with a full stack in future.

Lesson learned.

Thx all.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 04:35:19 PM »

Well your ace is dead really...you hold one too many hearts. If the hand was double suited then yes..now..probably not..but Feck it, call and go to sleep on tilt Smiley

Floppy is right of course.

Just out of interest I've ran that calc with me double suited (the other 2 suits to him obv) and it's worth an extra 4.5%.

Hardly groundbreaking and probably shouldn't be a decision maker.

It was my 6 8 10 that I quite liked + my suited ace obv.

is it an extra 4.5% in your favour? (in which case it's a 9% swing)

Yes. I go from 32.3% to 36.7%.

I guess it's getting towards 60 40 which sounds a lot more tempting than 70 30 if we round it off.

Oh man where's flushy to just tell me if I was right or wrong??  Grin

lolz floppy has it spot on i think.

When short stacking PLO its best not to flat raises pre, either re-raise or fold, personally with this hand i am folding. Give me 100BB and i am obv seeing a flop

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 05:34:17 PM »

Floppy

I should've just reloaded to $400 or gone to bed I suppose. That's what put me in the situation.

Anyway I sucked out and won and got called a Donkey. lol.

Just wanted to know if my call to his shove was ok. Looks like it was dubious but almost justifiable given the pot odds.

I undertsand all the pre flop stuff you're saying. Must make sure I'm sat with a full stack in future.

Lesson learned.

Thx all.

Alternatively, learn to play shortstacked PLO, if you're disciplined it's pretty profitable.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: