blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:27:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  School Building Project Announced
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: School Building Project Announced  (Read 1621 times)
The Truth

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2005, 09:00:15 AM »

The Trustees of Game for Life are pleased to announce that Game for Life is undertaking a school building project in Ampara - the area of Sri Lanka worst hit by the Tsunami in December last year.

The first phase will consist of the building of two nursery schools with work expected to start in a matter of weeks.

Game for Life has undertaken to maintain the schools and to pay teachers wages etc indefinetly.

We would like to thank everyone who has supported Game for Life through the Poker4Charity campaign. Who says poker players can't have a positive affect on the world?

For details on how you can play a part in improving the lives of kids wherever they they are please email daveynewth@poker4charity.org.

We would like to thank BLONDEPOKER.COM for their continued support of Poker4Charity and Game For Life.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 09:04:03 AM by The Truth » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 11:19:01 AM »

Wow, that's just incredible. And it reaches the parts other posts cannot reach.

We poker players cocoon ourselves in our little world, moan about bad beats, inept dealers, rigged internet software, da de da de da. and here's a guy who says, "hey, good news, we are gonna build, maintain & run a school for ever in a part of the world where folks need to have their wits about them just to find the money to eat".

You are awesome Mr Newth, just awesome. We doff our caps.

Keep nagging us. Keep nudging our consciences.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Truth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 11:41:25 AM »

Thanks for the support Tony.

Got to say that the credit should go to EVERYONE who has ever donated their time or money to P4C. I won't be thanked for this but we wouldn't be where we are today without the money and exposure El Blondie gave us in our early days.

As you said to keep nagging I will make a brief announcement about how those in Barca can help P4C - I appreciate if you have to remove it due to conflicting business interests and won't be offended.

Here goes:

Poker4Charity is pleased to announce that Bluesqpoker.com, bookie Blue Square's poker room, is sponsoring Team P4C in Barcelona for the World Heads Up Poker Championship. And ALL proceeds from this deal go to Poker4Charity.

Whilst in Barcelona Team P4C members will be inviting poker players to sign up to Bluesqpoker.com. For each poker player that signs up Poker4Charity will receive $100 (in addition to the agreed sponsorship deal) and the player will receive an additional $100 into their new Bluesqpoker.com account, NO STRINGS ATTACHED!

What more reason do you need to say hola to the lads from Team P4C? Team P4C members will be wearing Bluesqpoker.com clothing, so make sure you get in touch to claim your $100 and give to charity in the process.

Done!
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 12:13:20 PM »

Just to clarify, Blue Square is not actually paying these players into the main event - we are however donating 400 per poker4charity player, which goes directly to poker4charity.  There are six of them going, so that's 2,400 to good causes plus $100 per player they sign up to Blue Square during the championship.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 05:27:20 PM »

great news about the schools, this truely is pleasing news, all the hard work Davey/Angie and evreyone else has put into P4C is now bearing fruit.

I am very proud to help P4C and i think all players who can should also pitch in!!

As Jon and Davey say at Barcelona a few of us will be sporting Blue Square logo's, if you want a free $100 in yoiur account and by doing so donate $100 to charity then come say hi in Barca and i will sort the rest out for you.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: