blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:01:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 617748 times)
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: November 26, 2009, 09:48:18 PM »

See The Descent 2 is coming out next week and Sarah is in it. How? The last shot of the first one, which was quality, showed her miles underground. No way out from there imo.
Fear the worst for this one. No previews. Will have to check it out though.

Omg it sounds awful, Empire give it 2/5 and has the survivor from the Us version going back underground with a new search...hahaa what CRAP!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 27, 2009, 03:45:41 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 28, 2009, 10:24:14 AM »

A Perfect Getaway - 4/10 - Nice scenery, shame about the film, abs stupid plot twists and a very slow 1st hour, looking back hardly makes any sense and a waste of time...

District 9 - 9/10 - Superb and very original...a smallish budget for a summer blockbuster, but the Cgi is much better than T4 and Transformers 2! Directors first mainstream film...one to watch...
creepy_benji

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 28, 2009, 10:44:43 PM »

A Perfect Getaway - 4/10 - Nice scenery, shame about the film, abs stupid plot twists and a very slow 1st hour, looking back hardly makes any sense and a waste of time...

District 9 - 9/10 - Superb and very original...a smallish budget for a summer blockbuster, but the Cgi is much better than T4 and Transformers 2! Directors first mainstream film...one to watch...

Sledgey baby 9/10?Huh?

District 9 is definitely not 9/10, it's one of the worst films i've ever seen, I admit I only watched half of it but there was no action, the main character was an idiot as were the prawns and hearing south african accents for longer than 10 minutes should not be allowed in any film unless they're killed at the end like in Beverly hills cop.

If someone gave it 2/10 I would disagree that the film is that good but I would accept that it is there own opinion, but anything more and I have to speak out against it...especially on a 9!!

I concur with your views of 'A Perfect Getaway' though, maybe if it wasn't full of plot holes the twist could make a half decent film. The lack of titillation was shameful.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 28, 2009, 11:04:17 PM »

Sledgey baby 9/10?Huh?

District 9 is definitely not 9/10, it's one of the worst films i've ever seen, I admit I only watched half of it but there was no action, the main character was an idiot as were the prawns and hearing south african accents for longer than 10 minutes should not be allowed in any film unless they're killed at the end like in Beverly hills cop.

If someone gave it 2/10 I would disagree that the film is that good but I would accept that it is there own opinion, but anything more and I have to speak out against it...especially on a 9!!

I concur with your views of 'A Perfect Getaway' though, maybe if it wasn't full of plot holes the twist could make a half decent film. The lack of titillation was shameful.

Insta-lifetime ban please

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
creepy_benji

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 29, 2009, 01:51:39 AM »

Life time film watching and discussing ban for you please sir.

sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 29, 2009, 09:32:51 AM »

Sledgey baby 9/10?Huh?

Beverly Hills Cop??? that was Lethal Weapon 2 son...and District 9 one of the worst films... Cheesy,  I think you are very much in the minority there...something different in a sea of Hollywood cack!
...and you only watched half! no review allowed then! not enough action??? I guess you thought Transformers 2 was a masterpiece (its garbage..ty).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:35:01 AM by sledge13 » Logged
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 29, 2009, 09:53:42 AM »

Next years big budget blockbuster  Wink...and I might just be in it... Grin

In cinemas Jan 2010...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 10:01:49 AM by sledge13 » Logged
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #788 on: November 29, 2009, 12:04:24 PM »

Sledgey baby 9/10?Huh?

Insta-lifetime ban please

+1

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 29, 2009, 12:06:21 PM »

District 9 was so so so bad, no real plot, terrible acting.

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 29, 2009, 12:23:55 PM »

District 9 was so so so bad, no real plot, terrible acting.

It was an original intelligent movie, I think thats where your problem is m8...maybe stick to ya Harry Potter bilge...

http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/district_9/

90% on there...."Technically brilliant and emotionally wrenching, District 9 has action, imagination, and all the elements of a thoroughly entertaining science-fiction classic."

"District 9 is one of the very best films of the year - packed with suspense, action, humour and great performances, and directed with real style and panache... brilliant!"

"The most deliriously inventive sci-fi action movie in years. Truly, this is a game changer. James Cameron may want to watch his back."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 12:27:58 PM by sledge13 » Logged
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 29, 2009, 01:07:13 PM »

Disappointed by the poor reaction to A Perfect Getaway
creepy_benji

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 29, 2009, 04:34:17 PM »

Sorry my mistake, I don't know what I was thinking writing BHC instead of Lethal Weapon, always mixing my black cop white cop movies up Smiley .

Avatar is going to be way better than D-9.

....but then again so are most new films.

sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 29, 2009, 04:37:47 PM »

Sorry my mistake, I don't know what I was thinking writing BHC instead of Lethal Weapon, always mixing my black cop white cop movies up Smiley .

Avatar is going to be way better than D-9.

....but then again so are most new films.

I hope Avatar is great, but the trailer was a suprising letdown...looks more like some poor pc videogame than a new James Cameron blockbuster, hopefully the film itself is top notch!
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 29, 2009, 06:23:32 PM »

watched the final destination but missed the last 5 mins, can any1 pm what happens at the end (after the coffee shop)

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: