blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:01:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 617563 times)
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: November 30, 2009, 11:32:19 AM »

Watched Kindergarten Cop last night, retro, but class!

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 30, 2009, 12:04:45 PM »

Who is your daddy and what does he do

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 30, 2009, 12:33:17 PM »

watched the final destination but missed the last 5 mins, can any1 pm what happens at the end (after the coffee shop)

The guy wakes up, it was all just a bad dream.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 01, 2009, 07:55:38 PM »

Paranormal Activity just works. There was no point at which I felt it didn't and it builds up nicely the whole way through.
It's probably best watched with the cinema full if possible for comedy value.
There were a couple of teenage girls down the front at sunny Huntingdon, one of whom spend about the last ten minutes screaming and ran out of the cinema at the end.
Can only be 10/10 imo.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 01, 2009, 07:58:12 PM »

There were a couple of teenage girls down the front at sunny Huntingdon, one of whom spend about the last ten minutes screaming and ran out of the cinema at the end.

presumably you're now going to have to find somewhere new to watch films

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 01, 2009, 08:20:01 PM »

Paranormal Activity just works. There was no point at which I felt it didn't and it builds up nicely the whole way through.
It's probably best watched with the cinema full if possible for comedy value.
There were a couple of teenage girls down the front at sunny Huntingdon, one of whom spend about the last ten minutes screaming when i sat next to her and ran out of the cinema at the end.
Can only be 10/10 imo.

FYP

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 01, 2009, 09:02:20 PM »

Up

It's all too easy I think to not take your kids to the cinema, wait for the DVD. Easy all round. Except I like to think that taking the kids to the cinema occasionally is something that can infuse them with love for good films, and the experience of seeing them on a big screen. As long as you can avoid the pic'n'mix ("make sure you choose lightweight sweets kids" to blank looks from them and chortles from other parents) and the like, job's a good un.

Up is a great film. Pixar has gone beyond making animated films that are good stories and actually makes good films that happen to be animated. I also like films that work on two levels. A recent example is the book Coraline: exciting thriller for kiddies, even more of a nailbiter for adults. A more perennial example are the Looney Tunes cartoons, which can be enjoyed by kids but were made for adults and work perfectly on both levels.

Up is like a very grown up version of a Looney Tune. Kids watch it and will no doubt find it a version of "My First Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World." Look, a big funny bird. A funny old man. A talking dog. More talking doggies! And the film works on that level. The dog bits alone will entertain people of any age.

But for adults, the film hits the big Ls: Love, Life and Loss. I don't want to go too much into this lest I spoil the effect for you, but it's literally like you're watching a different film from your kid. They probably won't catch subtle things like an empty chair and What That Means. And they probably won't understand why you spend a good portion of the first fifteen minutes of the film with tears rolling down your face. So be warned. It's not even the loss of a loved one--no, because that's almost too easy. It's coupled with how you deal with the loss of a dream.

So for kids, an adventure movie. For adults, something with a lot more depth.

The 3-D aspect of the film isn't overplayed.You don't get an In Your Face moment. It's just for gorgeous, stunning depth. When you're dealing with South American jungle vistas then depth is good for you.

Pixar continues to blow away notions of animation and it's clear that they are working to change our notion of animation and could get us where we need to be in Western cinema: catching up to Japan, where animation can be for all ages not just kids.

I loved it. Very poignant, and very entertaining. 9 tighty stars out of 10

****************************************************************************************

Tighty's critque is so spot on nothing to add but i enjoyed it immensely.

Just watched Surrogates,visually stunning,great cgi and an interesting story premise but it just didn't click.Bruce Willis was great though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0986263/

Dissapointing but not a total waste of time.

I must be too shallow, watched UP and thought it was extremely dull, I can't imagine many kids finding it memorable or something they would watch over & over

sola virtus nobilitat
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 02, 2009, 12:16:25 PM »

Paranormal activity 9\10

Got bacl home about 11pm and had to sit up playing poker the rest of the night as I did not dare go to bed

Its a must see 
marcin123

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 02, 2009, 03:46:30 PM »

Paranormal activity 9\10

Got bacl home about 11pm and had to sit up playing poker the rest of the night as I did not dare go to bed

Its a must see 

It's not that scary lol...
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 02, 2009, 05:41:10 PM »

Paranormal activity 9\10

Its a must see 

It's not that scary lol...

i was told by my gf that it was a true story
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 02, 2009, 07:05:10 PM »

LOL, wonder how many more will leave Paranormal Activity believing it's a true story? Prob lots imo. Lead actors both use their real names and she does come across as a bit wooden at times.

Just seen The Descent 2. It's almost identical to the first one.
Gather round the top of the cave, go down into the cave, ceiling collapses, group splits up, carnage with flesh-eaty fellas.
Different director to the first one and not much he could have done better imo.
Can't make the monsters any different, can't make the setting any different, so what could he do?
Not tez but all very predictable.
3/10

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 02, 2009, 07:19:12 PM »

watched "You Don't Mess With The Zohan" the other night on sky movies, at first was very skeptical due to how ridiculous it was, however after a while the silliness became bareable and it just became an easy watch, would probably watch again however you definitely have to be int he mood for it.

on the same night i watched "Pineapple Express"  which i personally thought was amazing, very funny through out, wasnt too long and had a good (non cheesy) ending, would 100% recommend

DOCUMENTS ON FILE, CASH ON T1TTIES

--I got a nautical themed pashmina afghan --

Ianizer: the flags cool though, they like it coz its the same colours as spiderman
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 02, 2009, 07:28:18 PM »

LOL @ the District 9 haters, wtf.

Anyone seen Surrogates with Bruce Willis? What a pile of shit.
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 02, 2009, 07:30:33 PM »

watched "You Don't Mess With The Zohan" the other night on sky movies, at first was very skeptical due to how ridiculous it was, however after a while the silliness became bareable and it just became an easy watch, would probably watch again however you definitely have to be int he mood for it.

on the same night i watched "Pineapple Express"  which i personally thought was amazing, very funny through out, wasnt too long and had a good (non cheesy) ending, would 100% recommend

I'd have to disagree on both of these mate, i thought they were both pretty mediocre. I'm a big fan of Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen so i prob expected too much.
Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #809 on: December 02, 2009, 07:33:20 PM »

Films wot I've seen this year:

The good:
Burn After Reading: 9/10
Moon: 8/10
Fish Tank: 8/10
Sin Nombre: 7/10
Le Donk & ScorZayZee: 7/10
Anvil: The Story of Anvil: 7/10
Marley and Me: 7/10

The bad:
Slumdog Millionaire: 4/10
District 9: 3/10

Off to see 'A Serious Man' on Friday. Expecting great things. Burn After Reading was my favourite Cohen brothers film to date, even if it was reviewed harshly by most critics.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:39:12 PM by Mango99 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: