blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:34:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 617754 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3645 on: July 09, 2019, 10:47:04 PM »

Great recommend - it's superhuman.

Not quite as good but watched the Kilian Jornet film Everest a couple of days ago, pretty incredible stuff too

sola virtus nobilitat
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3646 on: July 09, 2019, 10:53:53 PM »

Last Breath 2018 - Actual footage documentary about North Sea diver stranded on the seabed with 5mins oxygen and no chance of rescue for at least 30mins. Caught it on BBC4. Watch it now!

Another excellent recommendation.Thank you.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: July 12, 2019, 09:10:58 PM »

Midsommar is nuts.

I wasn't a huge fan of Heriditary but this is a big step up imo.

This is not your usual horror film, in fact, it's not really a horror film at all. My partner really hated it.

I really liked it. Will watch anything Ari Aster makes now. Some top performances and a nice slow build throughout to a satisfying ending. Will be worth another watch as lots to pick up on. The sort of film that gnaws at you for days afterwards.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: July 13, 2019, 07:54:02 PM »

Celebrating 50yr anniversary of the moon landing it’s worth watching Apollo 11 (2019).

Stunning HD footage brings the whole caper to life.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: July 18, 2019, 12:02:41 AM »

Rocketman (2019)

Musical based on the life of Elton John.

Decent film, and thought the guy playing Elton was very good.

What a lunatic he must have been in the 70s/80s!

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: July 22, 2019, 09:46:04 PM »

The Lion King came out when I was 7 years old. I must have sat and watched the VHS with my brother >100 times.

I have not been a fan of the Disney remakes so far but The Lion King feels like a film that has been made just for me.

It follows the original almost scene for scene. The CGI is breathtaking, I mean I have never seen anything like it before. Voice acting is great, story is obv perfection and no deviation which is exactly what I wanted. Took me back to being a little kid again, it's fantastic.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: July 24, 2019, 10:59:15 PM »

Last Breath 2018 - Actual footage documentary about North Sea diver stranded on the seabed with 5mins oxygen and no chance of rescue for at least 30mins. Caught it on BBC4. Watch it now!

Another excellent recommendation.Thank you.

Just watched this. Thanks for the recommendation
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: July 29, 2019, 12:22:06 AM »

The Lion King came out when I was 7 years old. I must have sat and watched the VHS with my brother >100 times.

I have not been a fan of the Disney remakes so far but The Lion King feels like a film that has been made just for me.

It follows the original almost scene for scene. The CGI is breathtaking, I mean I have never seen anything like it before. Voice acting is great, story is obv perfection and no deviation which is exactly what I wanted. Took me back to being a little kid again, it's fantastic.

Agree, went to watch it at the massive IMAX at the Southbank tonight, follows the original and no surprises. Unbelievable that it is CGI tbh, so much of it just looks so real. Enjoyed it and a solid 8/10 from me.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: August 08, 2019, 01:03:00 PM »

'The Great Hack'

Not a movie, but very interesting stuff.

Glad I pay zero attention to anything on Facebook, and only use it to post food pics Smiley

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: August 15, 2019, 09:41:49 AM »

Once upon a time in Hollywood

I'm a huge Tarantino fan, absoutely love everything he has done. Pitt and DiCaprio knock it out the park, they are both excellent. The cinematography, the soundtrack, the cars, all brilliant.

Which doesn't change the fact I thought the film was a bit shit.

The last 20 minutes are classic QT, tension and ultra-violence turned up to 9. It's the preceeding 2+ hours where nothing happens that is the problem - there is no story. I'm thinking back through previous QT movies - when I got home Kill Bill Part I was on which just reinforced this - and every scene is central to the narrative or the character development, whereas last night I was sat thinking 'when will it start to get going?'.

I think I'm right in saying this is the first QT loosely based on real events? Maybe that's what held it back.

If you do go, there is an after credits scene, it's also adds almost zero to the story.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: August 15, 2019, 10:49:11 PM »

Once upon a time in Hollywood

I'm a huge Tarantino fan, absoutely love everything he has done. Pitt and DiCaprio knock it out the park, they are both excellent. The cinematography, the soundtrack, the cars, all brilliant.

Which doesn't change the fact I thought the film was a bit shit.

The last 20 minutes are classic QT, tension and ultra-violence turned up to 9. It's the preceeding 2+ hours where nothing happens that is the problem - there is no story. I'm thinking back through previous QT movies - when I got home Kill Bill Part I was on which just reinforced this - and every scene is central to the narrative or the character development, whereas last night I was sat thinking 'when will it start to get going?'.

I think I'm right in saying this is the first QT loosely based on real events? Maybe that's what held it back.

If you do go, there is an after credits scene, it's also adds almost zero to the story.

Yup, not great.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: August 15, 2019, 11:04:22 PM »

New Hobbs and Shaw in 4D

Great movie and full of the usual action, well worth a see if you like this franchise, probably one of the better ones actually. 4D.......hmm where do I start, it was a novelty for the first 10 mins, then all the seat movement was simply a distraction and I nearly spilt my drink, you get a few pokes in the back and the chair vibrates a bit too, there are fans to simulate wind, strobes to simulate shooting and small blasts of water to simulate splashes and rain from time to time. Don’t think I’ll bother with that again but go and see the film for sure......Oh and it was 23 quid  Shocked that was in Leicester Square though.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: August 19, 2019, 06:11:38 PM »

Good Boys is just very funny.

The script perhaps better than the acting but that doesn't get in the way.

Like Superbad for kids. 9/10.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: August 20, 2019, 09:59:26 PM »

Come on, John boy!

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: August 21, 2019, 05:30:26 PM »

Good Boys is just very funny.

The script perhaps better than the acting but that doesn't get in the way.

Like Superbad for kids. 9/10.

4/10 for me. No laugh out loud moments and all genuinely funny parts had been seen on the trailer for me. Agree that acting just seems weird and timing all off from the black kid I think.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 05:31:57 PM by scotty2hatty » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: