blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:13:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Another AA hand in Omaha!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another AA hand in Omaha!  (Read 2029 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2008, 09:28:33 PM »

Villain in this particular hand seemed to have one move and that was to raise and shove flops from SB/UTG etc never got to a show down that often with him but I took a buy in off him earlier when shoved a FD on the turn when I was sitting with quads. 

I get a ig what of my stack in pre flop but what sort of hands we putting the villain on?  I am thinking QQXX is a possibility with the initial re-raise of my raise pre.  89TJ, 9TJQ etc could make up his range but from what I have observed he is as likely to play the same way with KKXX

Easy call once he shoves the flop right? is my 4 bet pre flop a bad play here?  I am thinking at best I want to play my aces heads up I don't want to bring the other player along for a free ride.

PokerStars Game #19436540292:  Omaha Pot Limit ($1/$2) - 2008/08/07 - 16:13:06 (ET)
Table 'Bandusia III' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: vister ($433.05 in chips)
Seat 2: stokie ($115 in chips)
Seat 3: moore ($317.95 in chips)
Seat 4: porty32 ($195.80 in chips)
Seat 5: KarmaTIll ($241.30 in chips)
Seat 6: Sean Illes ($287.90 in chips)
Sean Illes: posts small blind $1
vister: posts big blind $2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to porty32 [ Ah]
stokie: folds
moore: folds
porty32: raises $4 to $6
KarmaTIll: folds
Sean Illes: raises $14 to $20
vister: calls $18
porty32: raises $60 to $80
Sean Illes: calls $60
vister: folds
*** FLOP *** [ ]
Sean Illes: bets $177

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 09:52:29 PM »

i would of just called his reraise pre

on the flop i am thinking your against the nut flush draw and maybe QQQ proberly KK and possibly AA

dont think i snap call here

think i more snap fold

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 10:52:26 PM »

think i more snap fold

I think more often than not I find a pass here as well, but the whole situation never felt right. 

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 03:35:15 AM »

NEVER FOLD

You have pt 80 of 190 in pre, just get it in.

Iron why on earthy would you not want to get 40% of your stack in pre with dbl suited AA?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 04:12:19 AM »

NEVER FOLD

Iron why on earthy would you not want to get 40% of your stack in pre with dbl suited AA?

cause i dont like the danglers they are too far apart makes it into a hand when you see the flop you either have a draw to the flush or you hoping you aces hold

i prefer to play omaha on the turn there is no money left when you have 40% in pre to play the turn

looking back at stack sizes flushy is right here though you have too much in too fold

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 08:02:28 AM »

NEVER FOLD

I'm not too sure about never folding Flushy what if the board comes something like 89Tc ?  I could save that $110 and get myself back to my buy in?

I take the same line as you in regards trying to get as much of my stack in pre with suited aces.

I cut off the remainder of the hand history but matey shoved the flop with  A 6 5 8 rainbow obviously I called and he pinged a 6 on the turn for trips! 

In my mind I had this guy tagged as a loony but I just don't get this play?  First of all re-raising me OOP only to flat another pot bet from me pre and then shove into me when he has paired his 6 with a gutshot its like lol!  Think I'll start following him Smiley

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 10:29:25 AM »

in this case this is an easy call. he is shoving everything here and you're likely to be ahead.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 08:59:17 PM »

Fold here if you hate money.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 02:40:53 PM »

i would of just called his reraise pre

on the flop i am thinking your against the nut flush draw and maybe QQQ proberly KK and possibly AA

dont think i snap call here

think i more snap fold

Can I have my £75 back?  Wink

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 11:05:14 PM »

folding is mental, you have managed to get enough chips in pre to take this decision away from you.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 11:13:31 PM »

Against this opponent its certainly an easy call.  I think against most players its probably an ideal flop for my hand.  I dunno if its a leak but everytime i pick up AAXX or KKXX and try and thin the number of opponents down I can never get them to fold by re-raising/potting.

I am wondering if its perhaps more profitable to flat/check with this type of holding and make it an easy get away if I miss the flop ?

I know most players are always raising it up with AAXX but i think in Omaha your probs like 60/40 at best with most flops with AA.

I convince myself that I am playing the hands right but, I am not properly rolled to play these games and after I do 2/3/4 buy-ins I am struggling.  And I don't have the discipline to grind the lower levels and work up the roll.

When i play 50/$1 i run over tables and do fairly well but I have this tendancy to play the biggest game i can and that means if i have $400 i want to play $2/4 with it and if I have more I want to play $3/6 I don't think there is a great deal of difference in terms of skill with some of the players, obviously you have to be aware of the regs who generally crush such games and if you can avoid them then can do ok.

I think it would be easier if I just won the lottery and I had a nice fat roll and could handle some of the downswings involved.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 11:25:29 PM »

Short-stack large buy-in games then.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 11:30:55 PM »

exactly. read slotbnottoms book and never look back.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 08:16:13 AM »

+1 Short-stack is the new black.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Milkybarkid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 09:19:24 AM »

This is never EVER a fold.

You only need to have approximately 25-30% chance to make the call correct, and against his range you probably are a favorite after the flop anyway!

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: