blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:22:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Luton: Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Luton: Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 57894 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 02:54:32 PM »

At around 2.30pm, an out-of-breath Flushy (it's a long walk from the car park) made his Hellmuth-esque entrance, only to find that play had been rather slow and that he'd barely lost a blind. "What did I miss?"

A few minutes later, he was followed by Dana Immanuel, equally out of breath and ruing not leaving Hampstead (and possibly the warmth of her duvet) half an hour earlier. "It took me an hour and a half to get here!" she fumed.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 02:55:04 PM »

At 600 1200 with a running ante, stealing the blinds and antes is a big part of the game and Alex Martin attempted just that a moment or two ago, popping it up to 3.6k on Iwan Jones' big blind.

The big welshman was having none of it though, picking his stack up and moving it all into the middle, causing Alex to laugh out loud before quickly mucking his cards. Timing's everything in this game!

No surprise..who'd be scared of a boy wearing a girls shirt LOL

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2008, 02:56:34 PM »

At around 2.30pm, an out-of-breath Flushy (it's a long walk from the car park) made his Hellmuth-esque entrance, only to find that play had been rather slow and that he'd barely lost a blind. "What did I miss?"

A few minutes later, he was followed by Dana Immanuel, equally out of breath and ruing not leaving Hampstead (and possibly the warmth of her duvet) half an hour earlier. "It took me an hour and a half to get here!" she fumed.

They arrived together out of breath....

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2008, 02:57:56 PM »

With just 3,225 at the start of play, veteran Howard Whittingham was in search of a miracle and a gentle prod from the Poker Gods, but neither emerged as his handful of chips went in with against the three diamonds of Mike Ellis. The powers that be saw need to tease though, dealing out a flop before giving the 2007 GUKPT Final champion a Broadway straight on the turn. No change on the river, and Howard was a sitting duck.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2008, 02:58:05 PM »

As reported, the traffic jams that have plagued the motorways resulted in several late arrivals. James Dempsey was one of those, but it turns out he wasn't quite late enough as he just played out a big pot with Paul Foltyn.

He had Tens, Pab had Aces...the flop came 9 hi and once the dust had settled Flushy had lost 30k+ of his stack. "Wish I'd turned up 10 minutes later" he said glumly.

A more upbeat Pab was happily stacking the chips although he had some words of consolation for Flushy.

"I didn't want to take them off you, honest"...though I couldn't see behind him where he no doubt had a couple of fingers crossed.

Great start for Pab, not so great for Flushy, though if anyone can rebuild his stack, then James can, I'm sure.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2008, 02:59:57 PM »

Actually, she has been planning a trip to Brighton to visit a friend.  Sad
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2008, 03:01:19 PM »

They all say that

Actually, she has been planning a trip to Brighton to visit a friend.  Sad

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2008, 03:01:40 PM »

As reported, the traffic jams that have plagued the motorways resulted in several late arrivals. James Dempsey was one of those, but it turns out he wasn't quite late enough as he just played out a big pot with Paul Foltyn.

He had Tens, Pab had Aces...the flop came 9 hi and once the dust had settled Flushy had lost 30k+ of his stack. "Wish I'd turned up 10 minutes later" he said glumly.

A more upbeat Pab was happily stacking the chips although he had some words of consolation for Flushy.

"I didn't want to take them off you, honest"...though I couldn't see behind him where he no doubt had a couple of fingers crossed.

Great start for Pab, not so great for Flushy, though if anyone can rebuild his stack, then James can, I'm sure.

I caught the very end of this hand. The board read 8-8-6-8-3 and I believe James called (although it could have been the other way around) a bet of 22,000 on the river only to muck upon seeing Paul Folyn's aces. "I hate that check on the flop," added James as his stack dwindled to just below the 30,000 mark.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2008, 03:04:31 PM »

One player to endure early misfortunes was Jonathan Martin. No bad beats in sight, but a deck colder than a mother-in-law's kiss has seen his stack drop to a paltry 2,800. In his own words: "I called a preflop raise from Leo Kam with Kings, checked a queen high flop and bet 4,000 on the raggy turn. When the board paired on the river, it cost me 12,000 to find out that Leo had flopped a set of queens."

It's scant consolation, but at least he's still in, which is the best he could have hoped for after a flop like that.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2008, 03:08:37 PM »

go chompy ( graeme wheldon )  prove bad players do well  !!!!

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2008, 03:09:04 PM »

At precisely the same time as Jonathan Martin was justifying the untimely demise of his stack, there was an all-in encounter on the same table that was forcing me to multi-task between listening to Jonathan and watching the showdown unfold out of the corner of my eye. My job was helped somewhat by the gasps as the flop was dealt, Adam Lawler's pocket kings being cruelly outdrawn by David Batty's pocket fives on a 5-3-8-4-7 rainbow board. His namesake was known for the odd kick in the shin and a fighting spirit, and this was emulated here as David saved his tournament life by the very skin of his teeth.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2008, 03:13:08 PM »

For an entertaining tournament, it's good to keep people like 'Mad Turk' Yucel Eminoglu alive, although it does require a generous board from time to time. All in for just five or six thousand, Turk and his was looking for assistance against Jerome Bradpiece's . An first card led to a yelp from the Grosvenor Walsall regular before an understandable display of anxiety and subsequent clench fists on the ensuing, but ultimately ineffective board gave the Turk the pot.
In Form

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2008, 03:13:33 PM »

Steve Tucker FTW

AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2008, 03:24:16 PM »

Steve Tucker FTW

+1

Go On Space Trucker!
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2008, 03:26:21 PM »

A bit of info about Sreve Tucker - he used to be the chief odds compiler at Blue Square and is the person responsible for giving Keith 'The Camel' Hawkins his nickname
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: