blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:45:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Challenge for the Heads up Winners from Notts
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Challenge for the Heads up Winners from Notts  (Read 7968 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2005, 11:42:23 AM »

Steve Templeman is playing.

Other commitments include Jimmy Alp and JP. A couple of other faces currently in Barca, I'm awaiting their return......

Oh, and we have a "double agent" who has committed to us with prior knowledge of Gala Notts. His insights will no doubt prove useful...probably along the lines of "don't ask me what he's likely to have, I've watched him for several years raise with 9 4 offsuit out of position, he could have anything....."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 11:45:54 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2005, 07:55:34 PM »

Hmm - I reckon I know who that turncoat is.  Wink
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2005, 07:59:02 PM »

Tikay, my personal opinion is that Notts need to move on and play better teams. Whats the point of going backwards and playing against Blackpool. Wigan and Sunderland got promoted to the Premiership, can you see them electing to play in Division one again next year. Its simply a waste of our time. If Blackpool really enjoy playing heads up theat much, maybe they could arrange a match against Preston or Stockport, it would be local and provide them with more of a fighting chance. Tikay, I suggest you bar all Blackpool players from "heads up threads" on this site at they are taking up valuable server memory space with their repetitive threads falling upon empty ears. they had there moment in the spotlight and it had gone, they need to learn to live with the facts now, and move on. Maybe you could arrange a match with the Notts "B" team if they are that desperate play.
Malc-M

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2005, 09:42:24 PM »

This is really shaping up to be a REAL BATTLE. Would be very interesting if fellow Game for Life trustees Malc Muskett and Steve Templeman were to meet acroos the baize. Thanks to Tikay and everyone else who have worked hard to get this event going and insisting that Poker4Charity/Game for Life should benefit. I hope to be in Luton to see the 'Battle of the Titans'.

I look forward to meeting Mr Templeman across the baize- Johnathon could you start the book now..--LOL
Malc-M
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2005, 09:46:22 PM »

after all that work of mine getting your pic sorted you go and change it next day

i give up

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2005, 10:31:58 PM »

Now now rob behave. We lost graciously and congratulated you but the terms of the match (as it was the first) were that the losers got the chance at a rematch. We will wait our turns but our time will come. Ive still not played you yet but if your not careful I will set womble on you (I believe your his bitch?Huh?)

ariston

better lucky than good
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2005, 11:21:12 PM »

Rob Yong.

I think we (Notts) ought to set a minimum target for how much we raise for Poker4Charity. What you reckon? This is a Notts matter.

Luton can & should make their own decision as to what their target is.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2005, 01:16:12 AM »

I think to Winners should get their 250 fee back and the rest go to charity - but guys like Simon Nowab are unlikely to agree to this......
Malc-M

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2005, 01:25:11 AM »

Rob
If that much money was raised then it might be possible to name one of the schools that we are building in Sri Lanka- The Nottingham Team -Game 4 Life School. That would be gr8- But just imagine if Luton somehow won- 
Luton in Sri Lanka -doesn't bear thinking about..

Anyway the charity will appreciate any and every contribution.

Malc-M
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2005, 01:47:31 AM »

Aristion,

I'm just trying to be helpful. You misunderstand me. Love Rob
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2005, 08:25:35 AM »

Luton can & should make their own decision as to what their target is.

We will of course be donating handsomely.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2005, 09:57:06 AM »

cant believe a sensible suggestion from mr young. the losers fee goes to charity- so obvious (why didnt you think of this Tikay?)

ariston

better lucky than good
ShortStack
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2005, 05:01:48 PM »

Hi Tikay,

Steve Templeman here, I can confirm I will be playing in the Heads Up Challenge at Luton mainly because JP,s mum has asked for someone to be on hand in case of a nappy change requirement. You probably dont realise but Luton have played previously in a team heads up challenge and are in fact unbeaten! I look forward to the battle of the Game for Life trustees challenge between myself & Malcolm, if you have a full list of your team i will try & get some even money matches from us to make the book more interesting after all it doesn,t look good if we are odds on for all the matches. it would be great to donate all of the winnings to Game for Life but we should confirm this once each individual has agreed. have you got nine confirmed players?

One other alarming point I have to raise is that you referred to me as Ashley I do hope you are not confusing me with Ashley Alterman as I am much taller & slimmer!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: