blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:42:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Deepstack £500 - FINAL TABLE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Deepstack £500 - FINAL TABLE  (Read 30239 times)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 04:18:24 PM »

The blinds check and Tuxworth bets an overly healthy 30k, the blinds fold and I'm sure I can here the stifling of a few giggles from a couple of players due to Tuxworth's unorthodox play.

this will be Tuxworth with all the chips then ??

Playing a perfect big stack game by the sounds of it, against nits that are desperate to ladder.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 04:19:04 PM »

GL Nick thumbs up
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 04:22:20 PM »

Well, during the last 15 minutes there hasn't been even a whisper of a card being seen (apart from face down and in the muck).  Blinds and antes have gone to Richard Hawes, Paul Gourlay and Snoopy, and there don't appear to have been any torturous decisions, from the total lack of frowning dwelling going on.  Sometimes there just isn't anything to report.  Um.... wasn't the Olympics closing ceremony nice?

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 04:23:43 PM »

Well, during the last 15 minutes there hasn't been even a whisper of a card being seen (apart from face down and in the muck).  Blinds and antes have gone to Richard Hawes, Paul Gourlay and Snoopy, and there don't appear to have been any torturous decisions, from the total lack of frowning dwelling going on.  Sometimes there just isn't anything to report.  Um.... wasn't the Olympics closing ceremony nice?

I heard the fireworks were fuelled by the bodies of democratic dissidents.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 04:25:30 PM »

Double up for John Sadler, Tuxworth limps for 4k in early position and John shoves his 70.5k over the line from cut-off.

"Go on then," says a perky Andrew.

Sadler flips and Tuxworth shows

three clubs

The first dent in the chip leader's armour perhaps?

b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 04:40:16 PM »

Wordsplay FTW..

Best of luck to PJ, Snoopy and Nick. Top fellas all.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 05:37:13 PM by b4matt » Logged
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 04:40:45 PM »

Six cards in total to report: yes, that's two flop seen!

#1:  Small blind Richard Hawes limps on Andrew Tuxworth's bb.  Check.
Flop: three clubs   Check to the CL, who announces, "Two thousand," and throws in 20k.  Mild confusion follows as the dealer says the minimum bet is the big blind, 4,000, and he agrees and throws in 2,000.  It's all irrelevant, though, as Hawes has no further interest.

#2:  Fourway (unraised) to a flop of .  It checks to limper Tuxworth who bets 20k (without announcing a bet size) and that's enough to get rid of everyone.  The slight dent Andrew's stack took in doubling up Sadler is being rapidly filled in, smoothed over, and repainted.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 04:52:04 PM »

Paul Murphy raises to 15k from mid-position. Tuxworth announces all-in from the small blind. Murphy lets out a deep sigh, counts out his remaining 50k or so, looks and the tournament clock and then says, "Call."

Someone wishes him good luck and Paul replies, "Thanks, I think I'll need it."

Before they flip the cards, Paul asks, "You got a pair?" Tuxworth nods. "A big pair?" Tuxworth shakes his head, flipping . Paul suddenly feels a lot better about his .

Two Diamonds

A 65k dent in Tuxworth's stack again. Well, there goes his no-claims insurance.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2008, 05:02:24 PM »

Snoopy raises preflop and gets a call from button Tuxworth.  Uh-oh.
Flop: Two Diamonds   Snoopy bets out 20k, only to find Tuxworth announcing all-in, his stack towering over the table, making young Goulding look even smaller than usual.  He clearly had a real decision for his tournament life, as tense minutes ticked by until eventually he passed, much less able to absorb such a knock with his littler stack.
"I was very happy," admitted Andrew.
"That he folded?" suggested Paul Gourlay.
"I was very happy with my hand, that's all I can say."

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 05:05:43 PM »

Sorry the clock still says 'On break' - they are still going for another half hour, and the blinds are now 2,500/5,000 ante 500.  I will get my maintenance personnel (Homer) to sort this out as soon as we swap over watching the table...

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 05:06:42 PM »

How many left in the £300 if you get a chance?
The good-looking fella that had 38,000 but didn't turn up for Day 2. Is he still in?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 05:09:26 PM »

Paul Murphy raises to 15k from mid-position. Tuxworth announces all-in from the small blind. Murphy lets out a deep sigh, counts out his remaining 50k or so, looks and the tournament clock and then says, "Call."

Before they flip the cards, Paul asks, "You got a pair?" Tuxworth nods. "A big pair?" Tuxworth shakes his head, flipping . Paul suddenly feels a lot better about his .

Two Diamonds

Is that not the most bizarre thing in poker!

Dealer says "on their backs", & then, & only then, the two Players start debating "what you got?"......

If they were to just turn their cards over - which they are obliged to.........

Psychology, & the working of the human mind, is the weirdest thing.

Great Update though, with particularly sparkling reportage of what sounds like a bit of a flat & one-sided Final so far.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »

How many left in the £300 if you get a chance?
The good-looking fella that had 38,000 but didn't turn up for Day 2. Is he still in?

In unsurprising news, Thewy is one of the chip leaders. 13 left.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2008, 05:18:29 PM »

Tuxworth limps for 5k, Paul Gourlay raises to 17.5k, everyone else scarpers and Tuxworth (of course) calls.

Two Diamonds two hearts

Tuxworth leads out for 30k. Paul Gourlay shakes his head in disbelief and we know he's missed the flop and he folds his face up. Tuxworth shows three diamonds.

"I saw the flop and I liked it, so I thought I'd bet," is Tuxworth's simple comment.

Soon after Nick Hicks raises to 12.5k UTG, John Sadler passes, the Russian Rusin calls, (he never seems to raise, just call.) It's passed over to Richard Hawes who moves all-in. Nick and Rusin quickly pass and Hawes apparently flashes his cards to a couple of friends on the rail. No-one seems concerned apart from John Sadler, who now wants to see the cards. Eventually Sadler gets his way and we see the .

"Oh good," says Sadler, "I had pocket tens, but I felt as though there was going to be action behind me."

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008, 05:20:52 PM »

Two Diamonds

Is that not the most bizarre thing in poker!

Dealer says "on their backs", & then, & only then, the two Players start debating "what you got?"......

If they were to just turn their cards over - which they are obliged to.........

Psychology, & the working of the human mind, is the weirdest thing.

Great Update though, with particularly sparkling reportage of what sounds like a bit of a flat & one-sided Final so far.

After the update last night, Jen and I sat in the cash games for an hour or so, and one hand I saw that got to show down ended up with a wait of about a minute before either of the two players were prepared to show their cards. I have a real gripe with people who delay, especially if they should be showing first.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: