blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:16:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Bolton: Day 1B - At A Glance
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Bolton: Day 1B - At A Glance  (Read 11736 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2008, 01:01:57 PM »

We're still at our B&B down the road but Day 1B kicks off in around an hour or so with players today including Nick Hicks and Jon Kalmar, but there will be a few players missing from this event due to a clash with a scheduled Bad Beat event over the weekend. This certainly has removed some good players from the field and fair number of people will be fancying their chances against this slightly weakened field.

If you'd like updates on anyone in particular then please let us know on the 'Interactive' thread.

Table 1:

Seat 1: Sunny Chattha
Seat 2: Kevin Steward
Seat 3: Jon Omara
Seat 4: Richard Liotta
Seat 5: Dennis Clough
Seat 6: Colin Chin
Seat 7: Nik Persaud
Seat 8: Pippa Flanders
Seat 9: The Artist Formerly Known as Mick McBag

Table 2:

Seat 1: Martino Libertini
Seat 2: Charles Denton
Seat 3: Darid LaRonde
Seat 4: Stefan Raffay
Seat 5: Andrew Taylor
Seat 6: Ian McDonald
Seat 7: Chris Bruce
Seat 8: Ash Hussain
Seat 9: Mark Dalimore

Table 3:

Seat 1: Keith Littlewood
Seat 2: Bill White
Seat 3: Simon Randall
Seat 4: Justin Devonport
Seat 5: Rob Taylor
Seat 6: Michael Moore
Seat 7: Tony Phillips
Seat 8: Richard Buck
Seat 9: Billy Ngo

Table 4:

Seat 1: Chaz Chattha
Seat 2: Kevin Bloor
Seat 3: Stephen Walmsley
Seat 4: Surinder Sunar
Seat 5: Nick Hicks
Seat 6: Marty Wilson
Seat 7: Gary Holden
Seat 8: Maurits van der Poel
Seat 9: Lawrence Gosney

Table 5:

Seat 1: Waseem Shahid
Seat 2: Andreas Mihail
Seat 3: Alan Vinnicombe
Seat 4: Lars Hougaard
Seat 5: Jorn Martinson
Seat 6: Mark Armstrong
Seat 7: Gary Chatterton
Seat 8: Katherine Hartree
Seat 9: Greg Howard

Table 6:

Seat 1: J Byrne
Seat 2: Tim Moreland
Seat 3: Alan Mower
Seat 4: Ben Middleton
Seat 5: Ian Nelson
Seat 6: Chris Moores
Seat 7: Kevin O'Leary
Seat 8: Tim Flanders
Seat 9: M Cheung

Table 7:

Seat 1: Gerald Klippel
Seat 2: Tony Cascarino
Seat 3: Barry Grime
Seat 4: Adam Wilkinson
Seat 5: Richard Cook
Seat 6: Steven Clear
Seat 7: Stuart Rutter
Seat 8: Priyan De Mel
Seat 9: Mohammed Shoahebe

Table 8:

Seat 1: Nick Gibson
Seat 2: Fahir Omuzobozlu
Seat 3: Nick Slade
Seat 4: Roberto Romanello
Seat 5: Neil Channing
Seat 6: Jerome Bradpiece
Seat 7: Andy Miles
Seat 8: Steve Higton
Seat 9: Adam Osborne

Table 9:

Seat 1: Alan Armitage
Seat 2: Nicky Power
Seat 3: Andreas Olympios
Seat 4: Richard Herbert
Seat 5: Kenny Burke
Seat 6: Lee Atherton
Seat 7: Michael Le Vell
Seat 8: James Browning
Seat 9: Rob Garfield

Table 10:

Seat 1: Jim Reid
Seat 2: Ryan Fronda
Seat 3: Christoffer Lindroos
Seat 4: Carl Hoefkens
Seat 5: Jehan Zaib
Seat 6: Greg Hunt
Seat 7: Glenn Ashworth
Seat 8: Sid Harris
Seat 9: Kuljinder Sidhu
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:35:21 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:38:10 PM »

Hat of the Day 1!

Jim Reid, Ryan Fronda and token Scandie of the Day.

Alan Armitage of the Day

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 02:41:23 PM »

Chaz 'I don't want to win hat of the day, I want to win the tournament' Chattha wearing a hat that's a little disappointing.

Sunny 'Much more likely to win Hat of the Day' Chattha

Glass-wearers of the Day, Nick Hicks and Mad Marty

In-form Irishman of the Day, Rob Taylor

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 02:44:17 PM »

'Hand Glued To Chin' Posers of the Day, Chris Bruce and Ash Hussain

Table of Death, of the Day - Nick Gibson, Nick Slade, Jerome Bradpiece, Neil Channing, Andy Miles and Roberto Romanello are all sitting together.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 03:17:17 PM »

Early double up and a casualty on the table of death. Nick Gibson calling off his stack on a board with against Roberto Romanello who flipped for the house leaving Nick drawing to a ten, which didn't materialise on the river.

Greg 'Lotto Legend' Howard

Kevin 'Beaten HU by Jon Raab on Pokerstars' O'Leary

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 04:08:52 PM »

The board reads between Keith Littlewood and Billy Ngo, the former having bet 2,500 into a 3,000 pot on the river. Tony Phillips whispers to me, "I passed aces on the turn, I really don't want to see the cards."

Billy stands up, then sits down, then stands up again and says, "This would be a pretty sick call."

He throws in five of the lime-green chips and Littlewood says, "You're good," as Billy shows . Tony Phillips rolls his eyes in despair.

Some players have their names on the back like Mr Cascarino here and errrm....Mr Japan.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 04:46:30 PM »

We may have only lost three players so far, but it looks as though Katherine Hartree will be joining them on the rail very shortly. Her near demise came at the hands of a Liverpudlian (I assume, I'm rubbish at deciphering accents) lad two seats prior. On a flop (I believe the action was on the flop rather than the turn), Katherine led out for 1,200 but was swiftly raised to 3,200. Although I was adamantly expecting a fold (I'm sure she motioned towards the pass at one stage), Katherine ultimately reached back for he entire stack and slid it across the line. In similarly quick time, her opponent made the call. "Only got trips," came the reply. "Only got trips," echoed Katherine dejectedly, revealing a dominated in the process. Her foe showed his . As the turn and river hit the felt, the dealer shoved the pot towards the victor and passed Katherine a bowel of rice in change. "I nearly put it down," she added in the aftermath. "I amost folded preflop, I just don't like playing it."

"Wow," comes the response from Tony Cascarino as Adam Wilkinson pushes all in on a Two Diamonds board. With 3,500 in the pot and a shove of 8,225, Tony was right to be suspicious, and after umming and aahing for a minute or two, he eventually made a good call with . "That's what I thought," said a jubilant Tony as Adam flipped . However, the former international footballer still had nine outs to dodge, but with the turn and river coming a blanktastic and respectively, the pot, and thus the scalp of Adam Wilkinson were both his. He shoots... he scores.

Because the official chip counts don't see the light of day until level four, I jotted down a few miscellaneous counts upon my last outing:

Ian McDonald -- 7,475
Jim Reid -- 16,125
Glenn Ashworth -- 9,500
Michael La Vell -- 5,075
James Browning -- 5,700
Rob Garfield -- 9,425
Nicky Power -- 10,825
Andy Miles -- 11,000
Jerome Bradpiece -- 4,150
Roberto Romanello -- 16,500
Priyan De Mel -- 5,350
Nik Persaud -- 8,225
Pippa Flanders -- 10,375
Katherine Hartree -- 1,750
Martino Libertini -- 8,125
Greg Howard -- 9,500
Chris Bruce -- 7,000
Tony Phillips -- 10,900

Although she was able to nurture her depleted stack for a couple of rounds, Katherine Hartree has now departed, albeit in dramatic, crowd gasping circumstances. Pushing all in from early position for a total of 1,900, the action folded round to Andreas Mihail (remember him from the Luton final), who halted the action and asked, "Do you want protection?" In the end, Andreas opted to smooth call, and after the remaining players had folded, the hands were flipped over.

My pen went on strike at a vital time, but I do recall that Katherine had A-Q against A-K, and although the queen hit the turn, a king landed on the river. "One for the cameras," said Katherine as she rose from her seat.

Meanwhile, on the far table, the action was being dealt out in equally dramatic fashion as the players groaned/gasped in the face of yet another outdraw. In great shape with queens versus the sixes of Barry Grime, Richard Cook was looking good for a double up, but a vomit-inducing 7-9-T-T-8 board soon crushed his hopes and Richard was gone. "When it's just not your day..." mused Tony Cascarino. "Sick, sick, sick," chanted another player.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:57:00 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 04:50:17 PM »

Sunny Chattha and his dazzling hat aren't doing too great, his opponent bet 2,600 into him on the river of a board leaving Sunny shaking his head saying, "I just don't believe you..." He called, his opponent flipped and Sunny's cards went straight into the muck.

Do not adjust your set. This is Stephen Walmsley next to Surindar Sunar, no not that one, another one! Evil Turquoise Womble!!!

Neil Channing picking up a few tips from 'The Poker Academy', I think if he can remember what it teaches him, he could still make it as a pro.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 05:28:23 PM »

Readers! Please post something, you're making the beagle upset with your lack of interactivity.

Blimey, Beagle's really haven't evolved well... over the last week!

updates on Nick Hicks please.....gl 2 him aswell

Nick is out, in the 75/150 level he lost an 8k pot with A-K against A-A all-in preflop leaving him with just 225 chips. He managed to double that up with ("Half-Wilson," he smirked) against K-T, before doubling again with K-7 against Marty Wilson's 6-6. He was up to 10 BB but then pushed from the hijack with , running into the big blind's A-T. Nick flopped a gutshot and turned the nut flush draw but couldn't get there.

It's a double blow for the Notts boys, as Chris Bruce has also just gone.

Scandie Christoffer Lindroos is also out.

Meanwhile Mick McBag/Cool has doubled up with the mother of all draws on a board holding against his opponent's bullets. The sealed the deal after a blank turn.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 05:34:28 PM »

can u give me a chip count on the two irish lads please Nicky Power and Rob Taylor

Rob is still around his starting stack, but in good spirits following his recent Irish success. Will check on Nicky 'Stewie Griffin' Power in a bit.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 06:04:53 PM »

I can confirm Floppy's earlier report of Chris Bruce's exit, yet add hand details to the post. According to the combined memory of former neighbours Ian McDonald and Ash Hussain, Chris called all in with A-J versus A-Q on an ace high flop. If this had been in DTD though, Chris would flopped the jack too and gone on to win the event.

Kevin Bloor has also bitten the dust, and in rather filthy circumstances to boot. After seeing a K-9-x flop with Lawrence Gosney, Kevin led out with pocket aces only to be raised all in by the former bracelet winner. Kevin called, and although he was comfortably in front of Lawrence's 9-7, a nine arrived on the turn to deal the blondeite the cruelest of blows.

As I was chatting inanely to chatterbox Marty Wilson, I was beckoned over to the middle table by Alan Vinnicombe who pointed at the centre of the felt. Although I nipped in with the dexterity of an Olympic gymnast, I could only catch the very end of the hand. "When did it go in?" I asked, noticing Greg Howard had doubled up with J-T versus K-4 on a K-4-Q-9-x board. "On the turn," replied Andreas Mihail. Either way, the important observation was that the pot was being pushed over to Greg, who now has his head back above his starting stack with 14,000.

A frustrated Ben Middleton looks on in despair as his two pair is scuppered by a flush draw. Kevin O'Leary was the offender, his chips going all in with versus on a flop before hitting a on the turn and dodging the non-pairing river.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:42:46 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 06:10:52 PM »

Stuart Rutter, Gerald Klipper, Nick Slade and Jehan Zaib are all out, and sampling Bolton's nightlife. Probably.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:43:35 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 06:18:04 PM »

Nicky Power and Rob Garfield are both grinding away on 8k apiece. Rob Garfield is on about the same after Alan Vinnicombe check/raised Rob's 2,300 bet on the turn of a three diamonds board all-in for a total of 5,175. Rob passed and Alan showed .

Mick McBag/Cool is smarting after he raised UTG and was called in midposition, but the dealer mucked Mick's cards as he was picking up the big blind. Obviously the TD ruled that the pot now belonged to the caller, but the latter sportingly gave Mick back his raise.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 06:21:03 PM »

Players about to go on a

*************** 40 Minute Dinner Break ******************

As the break commenced, I ran into Jerome Bradpiece as he was tumbling towards the buffet. For someone on 6,000, he seemed surprisingly upbeat, but I guess when you've been as low as 3,000, it's an understandable reaction. "I had to fold the nuts," he sighed. "I made up the small blind with Q-T off and hit a straight on a 9-K-J rainbow flop. I checked, the big blind bet, a limper called, and I made it 800. The big blind called and the other dude folded. An 8 came on the turn, and I led out for 1,500. He called. On the river, it came a jack, and I was thinking about making a block bet, but with just 4,000, thought it would be too hard to fold if he came over the top, so I just checked. He pushed, and after thinking about it for ages, I let it go. He assured me that he had J-9, and I believe him, I can't see that there's many hands that I'm beating there."

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:43:13 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 07:11:28 PM »

Play has just recommenced, so, like Pete Tong, we continue.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: