blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:10:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Bolton: Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Bolton: Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 23172 times)
nickyroma

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »

whats the latest with jacko (roberto)?

cheers
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2008, 08:32:05 PM »

"That's as enthusiastic as I've ever seen him," observed Dena, and she's not wrong. It's not often you see someone as composed and level-headed as Rob Sherwood bang the table, but on this occasion, the adrenalin must have been flowing through his bloodstream like a Swiss bobsleigh team.

Raising it up preflop from the cut-off with , Rob found action from Dyfed Price in the big blind, and within seconds all the chips were in the middle.

With Dyfed tabling an inferior , Rob was in confident mood, but his joy soon turned to chagrin on the flop. But the turn gave the Mancunian some outs, one of which arrived on the dramatic river.

Afterwards, Rob wore a Cheshire cat grin that would have taken a team of plastic surgeons to remove, whilst a stoic Dyfed just accepted that justice had been done  and simply began restructuring his now depleted 125,000 stack.

Rob, on the other hand, is up to 88,000, a figure which increased even further when he took the blinds from under the gun just a hand or two later.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2008, 08:37:36 PM »

whats the latest with jacko (roberto)?

cheers

We've reached the stage where a lot of the players are shoving either preflop, or on the flop if they have enough chips to journey that far. Roberto Romanello is one of these players, and he was last seen shoving for 65,000 into a 45,000 pot and a board of .

As soon as Terry Owens began to hesitate, the Welshman pounced. "I have an open ended straight flush draw," he claimed. "You've got a lot of cards to dodge." Terry remained silent. "Don't slowroll me whatever you do. If you got the jack just call."

In the end, his speech was in vain, as Terry never really looked convinced, and ultimately opted for the fold.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2008, 08:42:40 PM »

As an updater, it's frustrating when a hand goes deep, a big pot builds, yet you still don't see any cards revealed, especially when there has been buckets full of deliberation. Unfortunately, that is often the case, and my onlooking frustration was fueled further when Mohammed Shoahebe and Dyfed Price locked horns. I didn't catch the preflop action, but the board read and the decision was on Mohammed, facing a 40,000 bet from Dfyed. Squirming in his seat like a three-legged ferret, Mohammed seemed genuinely pained by the situaton, but after leaning forward and staring down his opponent, he decided to make the fold. As Mohammed mucked, I waited patiently for Dfyed to have mercy on yours truly and show his cards to the table, but alas he also mucked and it was onto the next hand. Bah.

Meanwhile, on the central table, James Morgan was spotted reraising Tony Cascarino's leading bet of 10,000 to 30,000 on a two hearts flop and forcing the Irishman to fold. James had 40,000 back at the time.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2008, 08:56:47 PM »

James Morgan raises to 8k from UTG, Tony Cascarino re-raises to 30k from midposition and everyone folds back to Morgan.

"Aww, this is so sick, I don't know if I can fold here. I'm going to bubble. Do you have aces?"

"No," says the footballer, "Do you have aces?"

Morgan waves into an imaginary camera and says, "Hi mum, I'm about to bubble."

He then moves all-in but Cascrino doesn't instantly call.

"So you don't have aces..."

But after about 10 seconds Cascarino does call with against Morgan's . The board bricks out and Morgan is eliminated but unrepentant, "I didn't just want to cash, I wanted to go for the money."

As the chips were being moved across to Cascarino's stack there's a yell from the table next door.

We look across and Greg Hunt is letting out a roar after his A-K held up to knock out Kevin Steward's A-Q, leaving us with 19 players left.

Stop! Bubbletime!

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2008, 08:58:08 PM »

Just before these pre-bubble shennanigans, Sid Harris doubled up, getting lucky with against Lawrence Gosney's by spiking a third bullet on the flop to put him over 100k.

vinni

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2008, 09:13:12 PM »

chip counts please .

i`v become cos`s bitch
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2008, 09:15:42 PM »

Players are on a short break. Chip counts to follow.

vinni

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2008, 09:17:28 PM »

thx floppy .

i`v become cos`s bitch
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2008, 09:24:23 PM »

The bubble may not have burst, but the onlooking crowd are still being treated to a plethora of hot poker action. Most of the entertainment is in full view on the near table, and mostly involving short-stack Kevin O'Leary and Ali Mallu. In fact, their first encounter was one writhing in controversy as Ali revealed his cards prematurely thinking Kevin was all in. Kevin had indeed slid a large chunk of his stack across the felt, but had left just a couple of thousand behind, of which went unnoticed by Ali who swiftly announced call and flipped over .

With the crowd swamping around the table, it was ruled, eventually, that Ali wasn't allowed to bet, and the dealer was urged to deal out the two hearts . Kevin checked, and although Ali tried his very best to put the Londoner in for his remaining shrapnel, he was reminded that he had no choice but to check behind. The turn came a , and Kevin checked again, before a river triggered a chuckle from Kevin, and an ultimate fold.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2008, 09:31:13 PM »

On every hand, the players from the other two tables continually nestle towards the sole table still playing out a hand, their hands clasped in prayer as they will the bubble to burst. Unfortunately for Kevin, it was he who the masses want to fall, his shortstack going in on the very next hand.  With callers Ali Mallu and Terry Owens checking down a Two Diamonds , the future looked bright for Kevin as he revealed a for second pair. Terry was the first man down, his close, but no cigar. Ali, meanwhile, was yet to look at his hand, and as he turned over a , the drama heightened as Kevin held his breath. Ali teased his foe, but upon finally flipping over his second card, Kevin was relieved to see it was a lowly three diamonds.

"You were giving me a free slowroll there," observed Kevin and he raked in the pot.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2008, 09:33:12 PM »

Chip counts courtesy of Jon Raab.

2   1   Dyfed Price   122400
2   2   Gareth Jones   28900
2   3   Justin Devonport   18500
2   4   Dominic Rossookh   96100
2   5   Rob Sherwood   104100
2   6   Surinder Sunar   65000
2   7   Mohammed Shoahebe   109400
3   1   Philippa Flanders   100900
3   2   Greg Hunt   135000
3   3   Roberto Romanello   91100
3   4   Kevin Oleary   17700
3   5   Ali Mallu   154500
3   6   Terence Owens   145900
4   1   Sid Harris   105000
4   2   Tony Cascarino   237300
4   3   Steve Craig   59200
4   4   Dennis Clough   91900
4   5   Tim Flanders   17900
4   6   Lawrence Gosney   56300

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2008, 09:42:46 PM »

Although he'd tripled up his stack, it wasn't long before Kevin was shoving once again, and like before, he left a little behind in the form of a single 100 chip. As with the hand prior, Kevin was going to need to topple two players, as both Ali Mallu and Greg Hunt made the call.

On the two spades flop, Ali paused momentarily, before leading out for 5,500. Kevin didn't looked best pleased, perhaps hinting that he'd missed the flop. Greg Hunt was equally disgruntled, and after mumbling under his breath, opted for the fold.

Incredibly, Ali once again began to reveal his hand before all the chips were in the middle, Kevin O'Leary highlighting the faux pas after Ali had revealed a , but before he'd flipped over his second card. "He's done it again," laughed Kevin.

There was a brief moment of confusion while people tired to work out if Ali could bet, whether the 100 had to go in the middle, how many cards should be shown, and so on, but to save the organisers a multitude of headaches, Kevin rose from his seat, flung his sole remaining chip into the pot and turned over . In response, Ali flipped over his other card, which was the .

As Kevin gathered his belongings in preparation to leave, the Poker Gods had their wicked way with Ali, dealing out a turn and river to keep Kevin alive with a devilish backdoor straight. At this point, Greg Hunt rose from his seat fuming like petrol and roared, "Why did you bet? If you don't bet, I win, I had the five and the spade."

"Yeah, don't you understand how to collude," joked Kevin, clearly not approving of where the conversation was heading.

"It's standard practice to check it down," added Terry Owens.

"It's standard practice for Ali to do what he wants," replied Kevin.

Whilst Greg remained irate that he'd been bet out of the pot and the bubble had remained unburst, the clock ticked down and a twenty minute break began, which, judging by the tension building at the table, was probably for the best.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 09:45:18 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2008, 09:46:31 PM »

Phew, after all that, I think I need a lie down. Shame play has now resumed then. 
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2008, 09:56:52 PM »

Double up for Kevin O'Leary.

He moved in from the button and Ali Mallu made the call from the small blind flipping . Kevin O'Leary showed three diamonds Two Diamonds!

three clubs board later though and O'Leary is still on life support but much more comfortable than some of his fellow pros.

Tim Flanders has also doubled up with 9-8 on an A-9-7 board against Lawrence Gosney's J-T. As has Gareth Jones with Queens against Dfyed Price's .

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: