blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:37:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout - Day 1 - Interactive
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout - Day 1 - Interactive  (Read 18328 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« on: September 06, 2008, 07:07:12 PM »

Welcome one and all to the wonderful poker locale that is Dusk Till Dawn as we prepare to embark on the journey to crown the latest DTD £300 tournament champion.

As numbers appear to be relatively low for the Bolton GUKPT, this bodes well for us here in Nottingham and we can no doubt expect a glut of faces, some familiar, some less familiar vying for the much coveted title.

Myself and Jen, who is fresh from donking off yet another stack at a GUKPT, are here to cover all the ins and outs, the coming and goings, shippings and hollering we expect from a poker tournament and we anticipate an exciting, closely fought contest.

Come with us now on a journey through time and space to the world of the mighty boosh Dusk Till Dawn...

This is an interactive thread so as ever feel free to throw chip count requests, supportive messages or any comments you fancy at us and we will do our best to assist.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 07:17:26 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 07:17:54 PM »

This tournament sounds great and all, but you'd be better coming and watching the even more awesome GUKPT updates from Bolton...

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36647.0

littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 07:24:55 PM »

how many runners so far mr.cat?

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »

Good luck to all blondes playing.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 07:32:10 PM »

Anybody think there is going to be a massive overlay with a £25k guarentee on this tourney?

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 07:34:17 PM »

Anybody think there is going to be a massive overlay with a £25k guarentee on this tourney?

Hope so but I doubt it very much...
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 07:35:46 PM »

Wish i was in the UK! I'd be speeding down the M1 to get there for this tourney!

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 08:00:34 PM »

Mr. Cat is still struggling to figure out why giving the cab driver £1 on top of £20 helped sort out our £5.90 fare.  Rather than overburden him, I can say we now have 74 runners, making there a £900 overlay currently which might well be extinguished by the end of the buy-in period (2 levels).

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 08:09:51 PM »

THIS IS NOT A TEST (or a joke...)

Red-Dog is ALL IN within six minutes of play beginning!  Tikay rushed to his side as an opponent giving him plenty of credit folded face up on the flop of J-9-2... I prayed for him to show the bluff, but no cigar.  C'est la vie. 

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 08:11:18 PM »

Mr. Cat is still struggling to figure out why giving the cab driver £1 on top of £20 helped sort out our £5.90 fare.  Rather than overburden him, I can say we now have 74 runners, making there a £900 overlay currently which might well be extinguished by the end of the buy-in period (2 levels).

He has £15 in notes but not many pound coins?

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 08:13:47 PM »

Steady, your intellect is in danger of blinding me.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 08:16:57 PM »

THIS IS NOT A TEST (or a joke...)

Red-Dog is ALL IN within six minutes of play beginning!  Tikay rushed to his side as an opponent giving him plenty of credit folded face up on the flop of J-9-2... I prayed for him to show the bluff, but no cigar.  C'est la vie. 

Flippin heck!  Is he mad to get to the cash tables or something?!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 08:18:24 PM »

Steady, your intellect is in danger of blinding me.

Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 08:24:47 PM »

Hi Snoops + Jen.

Lots of James "The Atkinator" Atkin updates please Smiley
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 08:42:26 PM »

Early action - a fair few chips drift in the direction of Leon Rovira (pictured stacking those very same chips).  It appears he had raised preflop and seen a flop of two spades with opponent Alan Stokes (pictured not stacking chips, in the blue cardy).  Check to the Two Clubs turn, and the second black deuce kicked off some action at last - a bet out of 400 by Stokes, raised to 1,000 by Rovira, and instacalled.
River:   Check to Rovira, who quickly bet 3k, which was called pretty quickly by Stokes, who mucked to see the fair to monstrous in the youngster's hand.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: