blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:08:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Bolton: Final Day
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Bolton: Final Day  (Read 22155 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2008, 01:34:12 PM »

It's final day time!

Rob Sherwood -- 349,300
Ali Mallu -- 329,100
Tony Cascarino -- 282,300
Roberto Romanello -- 211,400
Sid Harris -- 132,100
Greg Hunt -- 131,100
Dennis Clough -- 128,200
Tim Flanders -- 85,000
Kevin O'Leary -- 51,900
Surinder Sunar -- 51,500

With the blinds starting at 5k/10k/500, no-one, apart from maybe the top four, can feel too safe...

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 01:52:02 PM »

like to see Rob take this one down. GL
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 01:56:31 PM »

How many of them are sponsored in and how many have paid with their won money, out of interest?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 01:57:44 PM »

like to see Rob take this one down. GL

+1  Good Luck Rob.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 02:01:59 PM »

How many of them are sponsored in and how many have paid with their won money, out of interest?

Kev only sponsored one i am pretty sure.

GL ROB!!! Do better than Green please

And gl to Lovejoy as well!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 02:08:51 PM »

Well, after traipsing down Wigan Road in the pouring rain (it was just drizzle when we set out), a soggy Floppy/Sloppy combo has finally reached their destination and are braced and raring to go. Meanwhile, the players have just this second been called back for the debagging, unpacking and recounting process and should be ready for the off in the next few minutes.

Before I announce the starting whistle, a quick dilemma for you that bamboozled me this morning. I have two pairs of boxers left. Comfy ones with holes, uncomfy ones without holes. Which should I have worn?
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 02:11:34 PM »

Gonna go for Tony C to take this one down!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 02:15:42 PM »

After an overnight redraw, today's seating positions are as follows...

Table Floppy:

Seat 1: Surinder Sunar
Seat 2: Kevin O'Leary
Seat 3: Rob Sherwood
Seat 4: Greg Hunt
Seat 5: Tony Cascarino

Table Snoopy:

Seat 1: Dennis Clough
Seat 2: Roberto Romanello
Seat 3: Tim Flanders
Seat 4: Ali Mallu
Seat 5: Sid Harris

One man who briefly contested the proposed redraw was short stack Tim Flanders. He suggested that it was unfair, and perhaps unnecessary, that he could hit the big blind twice in a row.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 02:19:24 PM »

Action first hand as Greg Hunt raises to 40k from UTG and it's passed to Kevin O'Leary in the big blind who moves all-in for another 10k and says, "Think about this before you decide if you should call..."

Hunt makes the auto-call and O'Leary says, "Well, I'm ahead at the moment," flipping . Hunt turns over .

Two Diamonds is pretty decisive and now Lovejoy is only a short stack. As opposed to a very short stack. For some reason he's trying to mate his giraffees as well.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 02:22:38 PM »

And after avoiding almost certain doom amid yesterday's controversy, Kevin O'Leary has turned 2,000 acorns into 245,000 mighty oak trees. This time it was Rob Sherwood who was the recipient of the Londoner's early afternoon surge, his on the small blind not quite enough to fend off Kevin's on the button when the board came three clubs three diamonds. A cracking start for Kevin, who now has chirping chips - "I think I need a paramedic" - but an unavoidable early slip for Rob who clearly has his heart set on gold.

The very next hand, and on the same table, Greg Hunt pushed in preflop and took down the blinds uncontested.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 02:30:52 PM »

It's do-diddly disaster for Tim Flanders. After Dennis Clough passed his A-4 to Roberto's push with 6-6, Clough then moved in again in the next hand from the button on Flanders' big blind. After a brief pause and a realisation that he had so little chips, Tim went for it with and found himself flipping against Clough's .

The board hinted hope but ultimately was frustrating for the Springfield inhabitant coming .

There was a count down and it was found that Tim still has 5,000 chips left. Can he recover?

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 02:32:48 PM »

And like a trump in the wind, Tim Flanders is gone. On the very next hand, Roberto Romanello made it 25,000 from the button with and Tim announced all-in, even though his paltry 3,800 wasn't enough to pay the small blind. Peeling back his cards one by one, Tim was relieved to find he had, at least, two live cards... but not just any two live cards. "It's the hammer!" shouted a member of the rail. And although I glanced at the door in the hope that everyone's favourite baggy trousered MC had entered the building, our onlooker was referring to the Two Diamonds that lay on the felt. A deuce would have been amusing, but it wasn't to be, the board coming a rather clinical to send Flanders back to Springfield.

"Final!"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 03:01:39 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Chipleader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 02:40:41 PM »

And like a trump in the wind, Tim Flanders is gone. On the very next hand, Roberto Romanello made it 25,000 from the button with A-9 and Tim announced all-in, even though his paltry 3,800 wasn't enough to pay the small blind. Peeling back his cards one by one, Tim was relieved to find he had, at least, two live cards... but not just any two live cards. "It's the hammer!" shouted a member of the rail. And although I glanced at the door in the hope that everyone's favourite baggy trousered MC had entered the building, our onlooker was referring to the Two Diamonds that lay on the felt. A deuce would have been amusing, but it wasn't to be, the board coming a rather clinical to send Flanders back to Springfield.

"Final!"

what did roberto have?
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 02:49:21 PM »

And like a trump in the wind, Tim Flanders is gone. On the very next hand, Roberto Romanello made it 25,000 from the button with A-9 and Tim announced all-in, even though his paltry 3,800 wasn't enough to pay the small blind. Peeling back his cards one by one, Tim was relieved to find he had, at least, two live cards... but not just any two live cards. "It's the hammer!" shouted a member of the rail. And although I glanced at the door in the hope that everyone's favourite baggy trousered MC had entered the building, our onlooker was referring to the Two Diamonds that lay on the felt. A deuce would have been amusing, but it wasn't to be, the board coming a rather clinical to send Flanders back to Springfield.

"Final!"

what did roberto have?

Chipleader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 02:50:31 PM »

lol i red it like 3 times and missed it every time... cheers
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: