blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 05:36:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272978 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker  (Read 156838 times)
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 14, 2010, 12:15:24 AM »

oyoy

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=46401.0

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 14, 2010, 12:48:59 AM »

I read elsewhere you have had a 2 month break from poker.

Was this planned?

Do you feel better for the break pokerwise?

It always takes me a couple of days to get my game back, my ranges are normally a bit off etc. Do you have similar problems?

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 14, 2010, 01:14:41 AM »

I read elsewhere you have had a 2 month break from poker.

Was this planned?

Do you feel better for the break pokerwise?

It always takes me a couple of days to get my game back, my ranges are normally a bit off etc. Do you have similar problems?

Nah not really planned, i stopped after FTOPS as i always do then came xmas etc at this point everything was going titsup with blonde and my staking so really wasnt in the mood to play the internet pokers. I have made the mistake too many times of playing when i shouldn't so waited till the hunger returned.

Its not as simple as that though in MTT's (not saying SNG's are simple but you know what i mean) it's easy to have the ranges wrong and never know it, i have tightened my 4b/5b range a lot though and it seems to be working for the better, i am also trying to peel more than i was towards the back end of the year, its amazing how many of the 'ranked hero's' are terrible down the streets.

I have started off ok since returning but tomorrow will obviously change it all, fck sundays!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 14, 2010, 01:21:00 AM »

Ha yeah understand that MTT's certainly don't have such fixed ranges as sngs, therefore are  more complex. Just asking a general feel for the game seems to be missing after a while, lack of match fitness think they would call it in sport.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 14, 2010, 01:22:35 AM »

Ha yeah understand that MTT's certainly don't have such fixed ranges as sngs, therefore are  more complex. Just asking a general feel for the game seems to be missing after a while, lack of match fitness think they would call it in sport.

Yeah first day back was a bit unsure in some spots but i talk to middy quite often and all he ever does is talk about 3betting so i was never quite out of the game.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 14, 2010, 01:32:55 AM »

You mentioned that everything was going tits up with the staking, now obv a lot of your stable post here so I'm not gonna ask for details, but overall is it a business worth getting into or not? Be interesting to hear a backer's thoughts on staking through the good and the bad...
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 18, 2010, 12:13:28 AM »

You mentioned that everything was going tits up with the staking, now obv a lot of your stable post here so I'm not gonna ask for details, but overall is it a business worth getting into or not? Be interesting to hear a backer's thoughts on staking through the good and the bad...

Yeah deffo is just its easy to underestimate the swings you can get by staking, they are pretty incred! Had a good staking week though so all is good.

Haven't played poker all week, was going to play Tuesday but didnt sleep at all so knocked that on the head, was going to play today but i had a golf lesson today at noon and then as soon as that finished i got a call from mates asking if i wanted to play 9 holes so jumped in obv, pretty com round lots of banter and mad swings, fun times.

Pretty com just now though railing the MatchPlay golf, had 5 bets documented in the thread on the sporting board, the best of which is Ryo Ishikawa at 220.0, he hit a couple of amazing shots towards the end of his round to get through to tomorrow, mad railing/anti railing going on in the shrewdie chat.

This brings me to a side note though, Ryo Ishikawa is an incred sensation in Japan and even has his own head cover as seen here:

http://yahoo.jpctrade.com/yahoo/detail/yahoo_category_tree_id/15167/pre_url/eWFob28vbGlzdD95YWhvb19jYXRlZ29yeV90cmVlX2lkPTE1MTY3JmFwZz0xJnMxPWl0ZW0mbzE9ZA%3D%3D/url/aHR0cDovL3BhZ2UxMy5hdWN0aW9ucy55YWhvby5jby5qcC9qcC9hdWN0aW9uL3I2Mjg1NTY1Nw%3D%3D

Anyway if anyone could find one i could buy i would be most appreciative.

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 18, 2010, 12:23:12 AM »

Quick look no joy, better pic though.
 Click to see full-size image.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 18, 2010, 12:30:00 AM »

Yeah but it doesnt show the box it comes in....

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 18, 2010, 01:07:15 AM »

Yeah but it doesnt show the box it comes in....

stake kinboshi in the auction he can speak the lingo

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 18, 2010, 11:35:54 AM »

Get the Poults 1 instead!!!

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 18, 2010, 12:15:04 PM »

Poulter isn't going to make me rich though.....

Neither is David Dubai Shallow it appears, was 1/10 in the 300r ftops with 1/3rd of the chips in play, he nearly made the top 9.

Staking is shit.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 18, 2010, 12:27:59 PM »

Poulter isn't going to make me rich though.....

Neither is David Dubai Shallow it appears, was 1/10 in the 300r ftops with 1/3rd of the chips in play, he nearly made the top 9.

Staking is shit.

Omg sick. Ul Dubai.

What was up top?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 20, 2010, 12:13:35 AM »

Tiger Woods is tilting me to death "I dunno when i will return to golf" cheers for that buddy. I laid 'no tiger majors' a couple of months back and the price had steadily got longer and longer up till yesterday where it hit evens, obv today its back to 1.5....

I personally think its a joke that he basically has to stand up there and make a pillock out of himself, he cheated, its between him and his wife, why does he have to apologise to his fellow players and the PGA Tour. I hope he sorts it out sharpish as it would be great to see him doing what only he can do.

Had a pretty com day today, played a 2-man scramble/better ball match for the first time, was pretty good fun 2 of us playing off 19/20 and 2 of us off 13 so we seeded a draw, we decided upon 7 tee shots min from each player and i knew things weren't going our way when we used my tee shot on the 3rd that was in a lake.....

Somehow despite both playing like clowns we made the turn 6 over 5 behind the other 2, karma kicked in though and we lagged it up to find ourselves leading the back by a shot on the 18th, somehow i pulled of a ridic shot from 180 out (always nice when the last shot of the day is a stonker especially if you have had a mare) and so we managed to win the back just losing the overall (not too much £ done!)

I promise to get of golf in a second but meh @ Ishikawa today, he played pretty terrible and appeared to just give up mentally, its at this point i remembered he is only 18, boy is he going to be some talent.

Poker sucks, i just 4b jammed T9 into an Ace with a King kicker.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 20, 2010, 12:27:17 AM »

Tiger Woods is tilting me to death "I dunno when i will return to golf" cheers for that buddy. I laid 'no tiger majors' a couple of months back and the price had steadily got longer and longer up till yesterday where it hit evens, obv today its back to 1.5....

I personally think its a joke that he basically has to stand up there and make a pillock out of himself, he cheated, its between him and his wife, why does he have to apologise to his fellow players and the PGA Tour. I hope he sorts it out sharpish as it would be great to see him doing what only he can do.

Had a pretty com day today, played a 2-man scramble/better ball match for the first time, was pretty good fun 2 of us playing off 19/20 and 2 of us off 13 so we seeded a draw, we decided upon 7 tee shots min from each player and i knew things weren't going our way when we used my tee shot on the 3rd that was in a lake.....

Somehow despite both playing like clowns we made the turn 6 over 5 behind the other 2, karma kicked in though and we lagged it up to find ourselves leading the back by a shot on the 18th, somehow i pulled of a ridic shot from 180 out (always nice when the last shot of the day is a stonker especially if you have had a mare) and so we managed to win the back just losing the overall (not too much £ done!)

I promise to get of golf in a second but meh @ Ishikawa today, he played pretty terrible and appeared to just give up mentally, its at this point i remembered he is only 18, boy is he going to be some talent.

Poker sucks, i just 4b jammed T9 into an Ace with a King kicker.

Deserves love. You play nearly as bad as I used to.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: