blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:50:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  O/T If you could......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: O/T If you could......  (Read 6582 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2005, 01:55:38 AM »

4. Claire Danes - A perfect Juliet.

Not perfect, she didn't get her baps out. My interpretation of that shakespeare play was that the author clearly intended Juliet to go topless at some point.

This level of attention to detail - only seen on blonde. Respeck.
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2005, 02:27:51 AM »

Now, the fifth. Hmm. Churchill? Phil Bulll? The Hon George Lambton? David Attenborough? Howard Hughes? Sir Nigel Gresley? Jeffrey Archer? Eminem? John Kirkland, OBE? Papillon (I forget his real name). Jeex, this is diffiucult. I'll have to think more before deciding. I am sure there are dozens more to add to the "short list"

how the hell did Eminem, make it into this list? lol

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2005, 07:35:23 PM »

2. Gus Hansen (genius - madman?) but many stories to tell i'm sure

neither a genius or a mad man, just plain old skint!!!!

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2005, 04:03:12 PM »

This is the first of my five, I’m doing them one at a time, it’s too much thinking to do them all at once

I may not be able to stop at five, and there is no order of merit

My little Granddad

My dad’s parents were both quite petite, so we kids we called them our little Granny and Granddad. My mam’s parents were our big Granny and Granddad

My little Granddad ‘Sam’ was one of the most selfless men I have ever known. He never had much money, he didn’t drive, he hardly ever spoke and he was totally illiterate, my Granny used to say, “He can’t tell an A from a bulls foot” but he taught us so many things.

He seemed to thrive on hard work, he was always busy, but he always had time for us. A brilliant carpenter, he would spend hours making us wooden toys or kennels for our dogs, he taught me to make wooden flowers and clothes pegs (Before you can make pegs you have to make a special ‘peg knife’) so he taught me that too

On Sundays he would take us boys for a walk in the countryside, a real walk, 15 miles or so, we used to take a packed lunch. He would always be pointing out things that we didn’t see, bird nests, squirrels, tadpoles etc. Sometimes we would come upon a lake or a river, Granddad would produce some line, make some rods and we would spend the day fishing

The only time I ever saw him inactive was when there was wrestling or a cowboy film on the telly, then he would sit in his caravan, riveted to a tiny black and white portable TV with a 10 inch screen, this was powered by a slim cable connected to a battery outside. God help you if you ran past and “Pulled his wires off” Eventually he bought a portable colour telly. A rare thing in those days and his only extravagance

He died just after I got married. as is often the way I only realised how much I loved him after he had gone, I never told him

He left me his pocket watch, some woodworking tools, a million memories, and his colour telly

This is him on the frontboard of his waggon, the child is my father

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 04:05:02 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2005, 06:06:43 PM »

Matt Groening (Rhymes with complaining)

Matt Groening is the creator of 'The Simpsons' and 'Futurama'

These cartoons have topped the ratings for the last 15 years and deservedly so; they work on so many levels, Excruciatingly funny but at the same time a real exploration of the human psyche

Over the years Groening has tackled every subject under the sun in an amusing, yet thought provoking way, and has provided a vehicle for me and countless others to comment upon and discuss issues with my growing family that are difficult to broach under sterile conditions

He is one of life’s great philosophers and humanitarians, capable of passing teaching off as great entertainment. I would love to spend some time in his company

Homer: From now on, there are three ways to do things: the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way.
Bart: Isn't that just the wrong way?
Homer: Yeah, but faster!

Lisa: Do we have any food that wasn't brutally slaughtered?
Homer: Well, I think the veal died of loneliness

Homer's Brain: Use reverse psychology.
Homer: Oh, that sounds too complicated.
Homer's Brain: Okay, don't use reverse psychology.
Homer: Okay, I will!

Homer: Okay Marge, its your child against my child. The winner will be showered with praise. The loser will be taunted and booed until my throat is sore

Homer: No offense Apu, but when they're handing out religions you must be out taking a whizz.
Apu: Mr. Simpson, pay for your purchases and get out...and come again

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.
Homer: You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2005, 08:23:11 PM »

When anyone next sees Jen (djinn) ask her to do her Simpsons impressions. (Vocal). Nobody does them better. She, like me, & evidently Red-Dog, is a Simpson's geek.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2005, 08:31:39 PM »

seat 1. mohamed ali
seat 2. richard d james
seat 3. nelson mandela
seat 4. hunter s thompson
seat 5. ghandi

i would have william burroughs and jock stien as subs in case anyone didnt want to come Cheesy

Patience is a virtue.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2005, 08:42:50 PM »

Who are Richard James & Hunter Thompson?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2005, 09:24:51 PM »

aphex twin and hunter is a writer

Patience is a virtue.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2005, 11:52:15 PM »

"aphex twin". Eh?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2005, 12:44:48 AM »

Ohh, them Huh?

brad.strider

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2005, 01:06:16 AM »

ok, mistake was made here, mads list was acctually mine, i forgot  i was on her pc and not my laptop and posted under madas, hunter s thompson was a sports journalist/failed novelist/political commentator, who wrote "fear and loating in las vegas"  he was a 100% rebel who could write like an angel.

richard d james makes music under the moniker of "aphex twin" musuc that sounds like no one elses, everything from hard drum n bass to full orchestral masterpieces that mozart would be proud of.

Click to see full-size image.
                                   when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2005, 01:50:10 AM »

Thanks RED-DOG.

I have always enjoyed both the Simpsons and Futurama. South Park is also more than worthy of mention here. These are are pieces that perform their primary function of entertainment with incredible success and also manage to express to the masses the most basic of human feelings and point us in the general direction of decency.

Most of all tho', those guys are really funny!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 02:04:13 AM by Wardonkey » Logged

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
TMP

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2005, 02:55:36 AM »

1. Sir Donald Bradman, certainly the greatest cricketer of all time and one of the world's greatest sportsmen from a bygone age.

2. Muhammed Ali as he was when he fought George Foreman. Ali was my absolute favourite sportsman when I was a kid.

3. Ian Botham who I am certain was kidnapped as a child from Sydney and spirited away to England. How else could he play like that?

4. Douglas Adams who could explain to everyone the theory behind the impossibility drive in space ships.

5. Dr Who so I could borrow his Time Machine. Can you imagine what fun you could have with that sucker.

I'm not sure what kind of dinner that would make but while they were all talking I would be off in the time machine doing whatever I wanted and be back 1 second later and no-one would be the wiser.

I always wanted to go back to 2 time periods, the first to the time of Christ to see for my own eyes what was really happening and 2nd to a time when prehistoric man roamed the earth playing his own version of poker. Oh yeah, I also wanted to go back to when Bill Gates was very young and offer to back him for a 25% stake in Microsoft.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2005, 04:25:47 AM »

I always wanted to go back to 2 time periods, the first to the time of Christ to see for my own eyes what was really happening and 2nd to a time when prehistoric man roamed the earth playing his own version of poker. Oh yeah, I also wanted to go back to when Bill Gates was very young and offer to back him for a 25% stake in Microsoft.

I went forward in time to get tomorrows newspaper, I turned to the horse results section and read the headline, "all racing cancelled due to fog" gutted.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: