blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:47:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  O/T If you could......
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: O/T If you could......  (Read 6646 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2005, 02:29:39 PM »

If you could host a dinner for any five people, dead or alive, who would they be and why?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 02:44:07 PM »

1.Thomas Edison...I'd ask him about his unfinished inventions, patent them, market them and make millions

2 Einstein ..........Along with Newton one of the icons of physics. His special and general theories of relativity revolutionised scince.

3. Plato.............One of the eminent philospohers of classical greece, his writings of 2400 years ago still debated by eminent scholars to this day

4. Nostradamus.....he could probably help with those marginal call or pass situations

5. Keira Knightley.. for her intellect too. If she was unavailable I'd settle for Jessica Alba. She's clever too

My eyes are open wide
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 03:18:55 PM »

Had to take the dogs out for a walk to think about this one - they were pleased, but it's cold enough to take one's nips off out there.

Right then!

1. My sister Jane, there's an awful lot of things I had to say to her before she died, and while I have said them to her since she's been gone - I'd like the chance to actually say them to her properly. Most of all I want a big hug off my big sister.

2. My maternal Grandmother, Sarah - I never got to meet her, and I have an awful lot of questions to ask her - not least of which how my Grandfather was a monk! She was also a mean card player apparently. She's the link to my heritage I have never been able to broach.

3. John Belushi - he'd be a blast at any dinner party - I'd like him to have a good talk to my sister as well - they have a lot in common. I wouldn't serve mashed potato though.

4. Benny Binion - for the tales about Vegas - what he thinks of Vegas now, and whether he really did half the things that have been attributed to him. Between him and my Grandmother, there would be a hell of a card game I expect.

5. Charles Fort - father of Forteana - a rather unconvential Victorian gentleman, who thought outside the box, had a great moustache, and would be right at home with my eccentricities.

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
johnlarsson
Big Jzer

Off duty clown

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 03:29:49 PM »

1,   Martin Luther King
  I think he would be intresting especially to have a one on one convorsation with quest no2

2, Adolf Hitler,
 would love to speak with him and see what he was like, if he look evil and spoke evil etc... and see how he acts with no1

3,  billy connelly   funniest man in the world and would bring  a bit of humor to the table

4, Jessica Simpson,  no reason needed

5,    Henrik Larsson,  no reason needed

my profile is number 1888  ha ha ha lmao
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 03:33:49 PM »

This wouldn't so much be a dinner party as a council of war. Blair & Bush would need to watch out.

Bill Hicks - opinionated, sarcastic, and prone to speaking his mind. Also funny as hell.

Che Guevara - With him & Hicks in the room that would be the revolution started, then and there.

Bobby Sands - Poet, singer & willing to fight & die for his beliefs.

John Knox - Another willing to fight for his right to self-determination and against abuse of privilege.

Oliver Cromwell - tyrant or martyr (according to which history you listen to) but by all accounts one of the few with the integrity to hand back ultimate power when he held it.

============================================

Serving at the table.....

The original Daisy Duke (as she was then).
A young Sofia Loren
Heid's niece Wink

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 03:41:35 PM »

come on RED DOG you know we are all waiting     thumbs up

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 04:25:08 PM »

well, I sort of did have Red (and a couple of others) in mind when I started this, but he's In Blackpool..so patience!

My eyes are open wide
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 04:38:24 PM »

tough question. though about posing it myself but couldn't come up with my own. Here's five but I'll probably think of others I wish I'd gone for later
Mohamed Ali
Bruce Lee
Ghandi
Denis Leary
Adolf Hitler (inspired by Johnlarsson earlier, I have questions for him Angry )
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 05:36:11 PM »

1. Henry VIII - I always put out too much food at these things, everyone thinking it's rude to do more than just nibble. This guy would have all my other guests feeling like it's ok to munch as much as they want.

2. Sean Connery - I've always wondered if I'd be able to resist the temptation to do a mock up of his accent if I ever met him.

3. Janis Joplin - Party chick, she'll have some fun ideas of what to do after the meal. Also, I've always wanted to know if she really did kill herself, I'm not convinced because apparently she had an unopened packet of cigarettes on her person when she died. They were bought from the hotel vending machine. Any smoker knows you don't buy from those packet of 16 rip-off things unless you really need them and intend to smoke them.

4. Raymond Albet Kroc - The founder of Mcdonalds Restraunts Ltd. Show him what REAL food tastes like.

5. Felicity Kendall - In her younger days in those dungarees, mucking out the pigs. mmmm

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 12:15:28 AM »

Oliver Cromwell - tyrant or martyr (according to which history you listen to) but by all accounts one of the few with the integrity to hand back ultimate power when he held it.

I think history speaks for itself here, not only did he decimate half of the population of Ireland, he defaced most of the churches in Britain

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 02:21:05 AM »

That still leaves me undecided

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 03:19:02 AM »

lol

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 10:17:31 PM »

for me it would be

(1) gordon ramsay, cos at least dinner would be nice

(2) Phil Helmuth cos he will flip out when he gets less chips than everyone else.

(3) Bill Gates 9 cos he could afford the entry fee of £200,0000 ( quickest way I can think of getting a good bankroll)

(4) Rod paradise ( just so i can berade him for calling an all in with A 4 os. )

(5) Angelina Jolie, cos she's a fox and you need something to drool over.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
yt

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 11:20:02 AM »

My Dad. But only if he's sober and not dead anymore.

Miles Hunt. Lead singer of the Wonder Stuff who wasted a chance at becoming as big as U2 became.

Jenna Jameson. Have admired her work for a number of years now.

Jeremy Clarkson. Genius. I agree with nearly everything he says.

Steven Fry. Genius and must have a million anecdotes.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2005, 03:24:26 PM »

I think history speaks for itself here, not only did he decimate half of the population of Ireland, he defaced most of the churches in Britain

History was written by the winners though.

Cromwell spent a total of 9 months in Ireland - he'd have to have tanks to kill half the population. He also executed Black Tom Tyrant (the man sent from England by Charles the 1st to forcably convert the Irish catholics & to prevent Irish trade costing England).

I'm not going to go too far into it - but from some reading I've done Cromwell was an example of a good leader who held his men back from excesses where he could. His being demonised would have been a huge help to the Royalists & rulers who were rightly scared of the power of the masses. Spin doctoring.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: