blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:19:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  ruling please
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ruling please  (Read 4811 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2008, 02:22:25 PM »

live FT, the player involved has a huge stack, a few hundred individual chips of various denominations.

he picks up a handful of chips without counting them out and throws them in the middle, stack was dirty so there's a mix of colour thrown in. the amount is unclear but it's obvious that it's quite a bit more than a min raise.

before the dealer has a chance to count out the raise the player grabs another handful and throws them on top. obviously the initial raise should play but we now have no way of knowing how much that was.

how do you rule on this as TD?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 02:29:24 PM »

I'd allow the minimum raise only.

There's no way to determine the initial raise and it stops him from being such an arse in future.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 02:35:31 PM »

I'd allow the minimum raise only.

There's no way to determine the initial raise and it stops him from being such an arse in future.

but that penalises anyone sitting behind him with a big hand surely

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 02:52:05 PM »

I'm with Wardonkey.  There's no way of determining the initial bet, so the minimum raise is the fairest to the rest at the table.  He should also be warned not to do it again under threat of being moved to the car park.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 03:00:34 PM »

ok, let me change it slightly.

1st handful of chips goes in, obv a big raise. next player to act has already looked down at KK and immediately announces call before the first player throws another load of chips on top.

surely it cannot be correct now to make it a min raise? that is certainly not fair to the 2nd player

Photurian
WOOHOO im happier than a tornado in a trailer park!

Photurians are go

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 03:02:04 PM »

Supposed the best he can hope for is min raise but if he didnt say anything then its only a call, no matter how many chips he places in the middle if he dont say raise he dont get one.

I run with the devil coz he has all the goodies!!!!!
Photurian

Photurians are go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 03:07:56 PM »

ok, let me change it slightly.

1st handful of chips goes in, obv a big raise. next player to act has already looked down at KK and immediately announces call before the first player throws another load of chips on top.

surely it cannot be correct now to make it a min raise? that is certainly not fair to the 2nd player

I seen a similar situation, the player acting this way had his betting privaledges removed for the hand and he could only call or fold.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 03:09:18 PM »

Supposed the best he can hope for is min raise but if he didnt say anything then its only a call, no matter how many chips he places in the middle if he dont say raise he dont get one.

this would surely only apply if you were playing a made up game in made up land.

the fact that it's a raise is probably the only bit that isn't in doubt here

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 03:12:50 PM »

minimum raise and a warning imo

Photurian

Photurians are go

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 03:13:54 PM »

live FT, the player involved has a huge stack, a few hundred individual chips of various denominations.

he picks up a handful of chips without counting them out and throws them in the middle, stack was dirty so there's a mix of colour thrown in. the amount is unclear but it's obvious that it's quite a bit more than a min raise.

before the dealer has a chance to count out the raise the player grabs another handful and throws them on top. obviously the initial raise should play but we now have no way of knowing how much that was.

how do you rule on this as TD?

this would surely only apply if you were playing a made up game in made up land.

the fact that it's a raise is probably the only bit that isn't in doubt here

OK gats but when reading original post it was not fully clear that he had announced raise but if we are to assume he did then fine.

Thanks for the sarc.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 03:19:30 PM »

OK gats but when reading original post it was not fully clear that he had announced raise but if we are to assume he did then fine.

Thanks for the sarc.

he hasn't announced raise. that has no bearing on whether it's a raise or not as he has clearly put in more than a min raise

I do think that the min raise and a warning is the only way to go here but can't get away from the fact that that is seriously unfair to the player in the 2nd example who called the big raise only to find out that it's now a min raise and they've given away the strength of their hand

Photurian

Photurians are go

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 03:25:05 PM »

well surely if play has been pulled back to the wally, then the player who called would be able to reraise? seeing as his action was to call a much higher bet.

But yeah it sucks that he has given away the strength of his hand and now the wally can fold, tough one.

Take all his chips to the middle and send him to the car park!

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 03:34:57 PM »

Thanks for the sarc.

he hasn't announced raise. that has no bearing on whether it's a raise or not as he has clearly put in more than a min raise

I do think that the min raise and a warning is the only way to go here but can't get away from the fact that that is seriously unfair to the player in the 2nd example who called the big raise only to find out that it's now a min raise and they've given away the strength of their hand

How does anyone know how many chips to return if he is held to a min raise? Is the dealer going to have to go through all the action to that point?

I'd say min raise and all else in the pot is his lookout - tough - thank god I'm not a TD though.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 03:35:32 PM »

If the dealer has an approximate idea of how much the first raise was that amount could then be allowed to go.

Definitely should get a warning to stop acting like a cock

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Photurian

Photurians are go

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 03:37:07 PM »

If the dealer has an approximate idea of how much the first raise was that amount could then be allowed to go.

Definitely should get a warning to stop acting like a cock

+1 +1 +1

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: