blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:25:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOPE Final Table Betting
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOPE Final Table Betting  (Read 6508 times)
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »

its a 122% book which is not very good

Could you explain what you mean by a 122% book?

+1

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 01:16:05 PM »

It means if they took bets on each eventuality to an equal liability then they would pocket 22% of money staked.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
steeveg

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 01:21:34 PM »

if there are 4 horses in a race and each horse is 3/1, if you back a £1 on each horse you get £ 4 back whichever horse wins,no one wins or looses, thats a 100% book,
the closer the book is to 100% the better value=better prices,
you work the book out by adding 1 to the price on offer ,so 4 horses at 3/1
is 100 divided by 4 =25 4x25 = 100% book,  
if the bookies offered 9/4 for each horse in this 4 horse race, the book would be 123%.
if you back a £1 on every horse on the race you would pick up£3.25 and would loose 75p
Compo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 01:22:36 PM »

its a 122% book which is not very good

Could you explain what you mean by a 122% book?

if you backed every runner to get a return of £100 you would need to lay out £122. This gives the bookie his theoritical profit.

To work out the percentage you need to convert every price to its 100% return.

eg 7/2

multiply the denominator 100 =  200
add both the denominator and the numerator  7+2=9
now divide the 200 by 9  = 22.22
£22.22 @ 7/2 returns £100

in this day and age a standard book for an eight runner field (win only) should start at 103% plus 1% for each additional runner.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 01:26:57 PM »

It means if they took bets on each eventuality to an equal liability then they would pocket 22% of money staked.

more like 18% isn't it?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 01:34:10 PM »

Betfair will have in running odds throughout, currently they are worse than Bluesquare but later on will be worth a peek.

Little hint for anyone in London, the in running odds are usually based on the live updates, if you can get to the empire and rail the event, you can potentially make a few bob before snoops and co post the latest bustouts. Thats obviously borderline insider trading, but what the heck.

Such a tough final table to predict, I kinda want Demidov to do it just because it would be huge for the november 9 thing. Bengt Sonnert is deffo the most underated player at the table, just a shame he has no chips really. Im torn between the two Russians and obv negreanu and Juanda. I guess we should all be routing for Keston but the sod knocked me out of the PartyPoker European Open (thinly veiled ive played on tv post IMO).

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 01:37:23 PM »

Betfair will have in running odds throughout, currently they are worse than Bluesquare but later on will be worth a peek.

Does that mean you can back on bluesq and lay on bf for profit?

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 01:52:43 PM »

Does that mean you can back on bluesq and lay on bf for profit?

No, at the moment the odds are worse than bluesquare, but once the cards are dealt and hands start getting reported, they'll fluctuate accordingly and you might be able to get better pices on them.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 01:57:50 PM »

122% is very fair for a poker book in my experiece. You'll never get a 100% book for one on the exchanges because there's just not enough liquidity.
The RP price up at +2% for every horse as a rule of thumb, so 116% for an 8-runner race, 122% for 11 runners, etc

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 02:02:04 PM »

Little hint for anyone in London, the in running odds are usually based on the live updates, if you can get to the empire and rail the event, you can potentially make a few bob before snoops and co post the latest bustouts. Thats obviously borderline insider trading, but what the heck.

Such a tough final table to predict, I kinda want Demidov to do it just because it would be huge for the november 9 thing. Bengt Sonnert is deffo the most underated player at the table, just a shame he has no chips really. Im torn between the two Russians and obv negreanu and Juanda. I guess we should all be routing for Keston but the sod knocked me out of the PartyPoker European Open (thinly veiled ive played on tv post IMO).

anyone who underrates bengt is a fool. One of the best players in the world and certainly one of the biggest winners over the last few years but has been off the scene thanks to some personal problems. I said to blue square they made a rick with the 12-1 and said if he won his first hand he was a certainty for top 2 and the favourite to win.

ariston

better lucky than good
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 02:36:11 PM »

final table feed (couple of minute delay before anyone uses it for betting).

http://wsope.betfair.com/live-video/live-video.html

give it a couple of minutes after it starts and the echo does disappear on the sound.

ariston

better lucky than good
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 02:53:07 PM »

Wish id seen this thread before the final started, wouldve been all over Sonnert @ 12s.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 03:18:20 PM »

Is Sonnert 'Gulkines' online?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
kenjude

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 03:29:51 PM »

He used to be pokerbt or similar on Ladbrokes 2 or 3 years ago. I think he had some sort of arrangement with them at the time - can't think of any other reason he would have been playing like a pillock in a $10 SnG.

Cheers

Ken
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 04:12:59 PM »

whoever gulkines is hes a total machine crushes eveyone and anyone

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: