blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:51:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Rate My Fry-up...
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 ... 160 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate My Fry-up...  (Read 331817 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: February 13, 2013, 04:12:58 PM »

I'm getting really nervous

Driving test was nothing compared to this

Just avoid the schoolboy errors, uncooked waffles, [ ] sausages, the wrong-sized mushrooms, the wrong beans, tomatoes (especially scrotum ones), unevenly cooked meat, non-crispy bacon, the wrong type/quantity/colour/texture/size/shape of bread, eggs done incorrectly, the wrong sort of plate, table, cutlery...

You'll be fine!

Cheesy

Best get a move on as otherwise some of your ingredients will be past their consume-by date.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: February 13, 2013, 04:14:22 PM »

any chance of getting someone to video the task?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1712 on: February 13, 2013, 04:18:05 PM »

OK, you asked for it.

This is a very good example of a breakast and I would be proud to eat it, but if were striving for perfection...

The beans could have been prevented from touching the egg by utilising a readily available sausage barrier. Sorry, School boy error

Sausage: Unevenly cooked. Granted but wanted authentic home cooked effect

Bacon: Undercooked and lacking crispy rind. That's how I like it

Mushrooms: Undercooked, portion too small. They were cooked well but lighting gives wrong impression. Portion size granted

Bread: Not enough and should be on separate plate. (Toast ditto) School boy error, sorry
Fried bread: Soaked up too much oil. Have to disagree on this one. The texture was sublime - not quite crispy but not soggy either

Black pudding: Meh! Looks loke it was photoshopped on as an afterthought. Black pud was absolutley perfect. Flavourful but not too much salt added

Plate: Depressing colour and far too small leading to inadvertent mixing and heapage. School boy error again

Fork: Looks bendy. Sorry poorness or photo. Knife and fork were matching items that a re really solid and most definately not round and definately not blunt

Knife: Blade looks dull, rounded handle will be prone to slippage. See above

Great effort. 6.8 / 10.

Cheers Tom but would you reconsider your score in light of my responses. I really feel a 7 would do it justice.

how much more bread do you want on a breakfast?

Well more than one slice obv.

Too much bread is fine, I can leave some if need be, but too little is a hanging offence. (Imagine finding yourself with spare egg yolk and no dipper.)

While we're at it, there should be no toast, especially that poncy uncut bloomer toast that goes cold too quickly. Toast is for having beans or cheese on. Bread and butter is for breakfasts.

6.5 /10

The older I get, the better I was.
MahoganyVic

View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: February 13, 2013, 04:21:39 PM »

Disappointing and somewhat harsh reviews Sad

I was going to include some quorn bacon, but it doesnt work so well on a full breakfast. I was going to do a quorn bacon buttie later in the week although I am not sure I can take any more ridicule.

The sausages had to be put in a line to cope with the tsunami effect once the beans were added to the plate. The barrier proved inadequate in holding them at bay in the end though.

It tasted very nice. There was actually a seperate serving of 2 waffles, a saugage, mushroom and mound of beans which I kept seperate so I didnt overcrowd the plate. Had the second plate for desert.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1714 on: February 13, 2013, 04:22:51 PM »

I was going to include some quorn bacon, but it doesnt work so well on a full breakfast. I was going to do a quorn bacon buttie later in the week although I am not sure I can take any more ridicule.

The sausages had to be put in a line to cope with the tsunami effect once the beans were added to the plate. The barrier proved inadequate in holding them at bay in the end though.

It tasted very nice. There was actually a seperate serving of 2 waffles, a saugage, mushroom and mound of beans which I kept seperate so I didnt overcrowd the plate. Had the second plate for desert.

Whatever!

The older I get, the better I was.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: February 13, 2013, 04:27:25 PM »

Just avoid the schoolboy errors, uncooked waffles, [ ] sausages, the wrong-sized mushrooms, the wrong beans, tomatoes (especially scrotum ones), unevenly cooked meat, non-crispy bacon, the wrong type/quantity/colour/texture/size/shape of bread, eggs done incorrectly, the wrong sort of plate, table, cutlery...

You'll be fine!

Cheesy

Best get a move on as otherwise some of your ingredients will be past their consume-by date.

All ingredients have been sourced and will be purchased fresh on the day.

Likely to happen Saturday. Definitely Sunday if not.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: February 13, 2013, 04:28:25 PM »

Not a chance.

If someone video's it they'll know it took about 8 hours to do and that even though it looks ok everything's cold.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: February 13, 2013, 04:29:59 PM »

I was going to include some quorn bacon,

I got as far as here then thought......

Whatever!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: February 13, 2013, 04:32:29 PM »

Did you just everyone to say "Wow that's amazing!! 10/10. Don't ever change a thing"?

Criticism can be hard to take but I think everything has been constructive.

How are you supposed to learn to become a meat eater if people don't explain the error of your ways?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: February 13, 2013, 04:35:14 PM »

Not a chance.

If someone video's it they'll know it took about 8 hours to do and that even though it looks ok everything's cold.

Pro tip. Brush it all with oil with a pastry brush just before you take a pic to give it a sheen which makes it look like its straight out the pan  
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: February 13, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »

Not a chance.

Pro tip. Brush it all with oil with a pastry brush just before you take a pic to give it a sheen which makes it look like its straight out the pan  

FFS Woodsey!!!

My mum's already told me to do that!

Now people are going to think I did it just because someone told me to!!

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1721 on: February 13, 2013, 04:39:46 PM »

Not a chance.

FFS Woodsey!!!

My mum's already told me to do that!

Now people are going to think I did it just because someone told me to!!

Be careful Matt.  Some experts on here won't be fooled by any amateur attempts to bluff the judges.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: February 13, 2013, 05:06:08 PM »

Great thread, glad I started it.

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1723 on: February 13, 2013, 05:07:00 PM »

Thanks Dewi thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: February 13, 2013, 05:10:35 PM »

Ahhh Dewi, the voice of reason, can you put Red straight please, I'm affraid his ridiculous low score of my brekkie is making me cry.

Ah! The element of surprise
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 ... 160 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: