blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:21:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  APAT Stake Report
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: APAT Stake Report  (Read 2913 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2008, 03:39:59 AM »

Friday afternoon I nervously post for staking for the APAT £300 after one of my Ex-wifes solicitors has a windfall via my wallet, and was surprised to sell out in record time..

As always with these things 20 minutes after I sell the stake one of my clients deposits a lump in my account and I'm free to buy in... but a deal is deal and these guys were good enough to stump up when the bowl was put forward.... so off we went

Home turf, a few familiar faces and a nice friendly atmosphere was all i needed to feel good about this one...

Usual plan going in nothing too fancy early doors ,, try and see a few cheap flops in position sound out the table blah blah...

8th hand in 25/50.. 2 day event theres a raise to 200 and a re pop to 625.. insta push from the original raiser for 10K... WTF is all that about and is insta called by the only hand that will call him here .. AA.

I'm sorry why these people bother playing deepstack long clock poker is beyond me if there just gonna troll it in for 9k more into an 800 pot...

Anyhow we settle down for the usual small pot,see flop jousting when a late arrival appears in the form of mad Turk... Ive never played with him but know his an absolute loon and seat 4 seems to know him well... i decide to sit back and see for myself..

Sure enough Mad Turk is active but u can spot he knows what his doing..and seat 4 knows him and wants to be involved with him , on one occasion calling a Turk raise with 10 5 o/s and flops 2 pair against Turks genuine QQ.

Seat 3 is active but bad and hitting the world.. he cant give up a hand either as i flat the turn to him on a dangerous board.. all draws come in on the river flush and straight but he cant give up 1 pair to a decent bet.. OK i know where i am now and will have a special time in mind for him.

I then get dealt 77 mid position and limp hoping to see a cheap flop.. seat 4 comes in to short stacked with J 4 hearts as it turns out a play I'm not understanding tbh.. and Tracey Dell well known Blonde and industrial intestine cleaner standard raises from the small blind.

I know Tracey is a good solid player and the raise here probably means a fair amount of strength.... i decide to take a flop .. i have 13k at this point after early skirmishes, position and implied odds if i hit my hand.. matey in seat 4 comes along to having now committed nearly a third of his remaining stack with J 4 hearts.. im not sure what his looking for here.. the flop come a pretty 7 6 3 two hearts.... and Tracey leads out for 2k. I'm pretty sure of her range now and its big pair territory and she doesn't like them hearts.. i have a dwell and flat hoping to sell a flush draw..matey has 2k left and puts them in..obv finding wot he was looking for.

The turns a blank and Tracey checks, which i found odd..maybe shed been continuing with AK and decided to give it up.... i then moved in ... hoping if she did have a big pair i looked weak with an unmade flush draw trying to buy the pot... she had a big dwell with me trying my best to look petrified she would call before she did with KK.. the river bricked and she was dust and so was seat 4 and i had 27K.. Tracey was unhappy with herself for not getting away from it but these things are always easier said than done in the heat of battle.

Mad Turk moves and a young very aggressive player gets moved to my left... his dancing and gets caught bluffing once having to show garbage but he seems unable to slow down.

We get into a hand where i flop an up and downer and bet it.... he flats..turns a blank and i fire another shot he dwells and i know he hasn't got a lot..perhaps floating me hoping I'm checking the turn so he can take it off me... we may even have the same hand.. rivers another blank and i move him in..i have him well covered and he looks sick b4 passing.... i dont show him 9 high as we've just eaten...

More new arrivals including Maldini.. i find A A on a king high flop and Maldini re raises my bet...99% its AK here as set of kings I'm sure he smooths.. i think and smooth the bet looking for the whole enchilada here... i slip the blank turn back to him and he bets again before i move him in and he cant pass... AK it is and I'm flying.

I'm amongst the chip leaders and yo yo a bit making some very marginal calls.. i take out young aggressive guy with AQ v AK sucking a Q on him. i lose a few to seat 10 who limp calls early twice with JJ and i pay him by trying to push him off low flops.. i make a note that me and him will speak again soon and his dangerous game will bite his arse..but his so rocky that he blinds himself to oblivion before i eventually bust him when his short stacked with a marginal.

We get some new arrivals including Scouse who manages to talk nonstop for 3 hours..his good value but gives me a headache and forces me to seek out the pharmacy known as Edna for relief.

Scouse knows what his doing but is sinking pints for Liverpools honour and shortly after announcing its a sin to go out on a draw promptly does so.
 I re raise a tighty  with 10 10 enough i cant pass and duly run into QQ.. i suck out again with a 10 on the turn.. wow..cards luck and chips...

Things are moving now and I'm in chip daddy nick mode... only Jason in seat 5 ( eventual 3rd ) knows the coup and moves in on me.. i make a meal of passing but I'm already 8BB steals up..
The table eventually breaks as we move down to 2 tables and things tighten up considerably... i have some good players on my table..Le Knave,Blatchley johnny Vac..I bide my time Ive got decent chips and make odd pillages into the 3 passives at the other end of the table to keep my chips at station.. I'm careful though as Le Knave is between me and the fodder and i know his gonna snap me off sooner or later..fortunately Blatchely is doing the same as me but greedier and his the one that gets it stuck up him by the Le Knave and his neighbour in quick succession.

Then early doors i wake up with AA and make a standard raise to 6k.. Dylan Herbert next to me immediately makes it 31K more.. oh joy..Dylan's quite tight and I know his got a hand here...but I'm tired after nearly 12 hours non stop... usually id put him on a big pair and smooth him and let him hang himself on a low flop..but the pots big already and i decide to move in..he has slightly more chips than me and goes into a deep tank. i put my head in my hands and stare at the table half hoping he doesn't call as I have an overwhelming sensation his gonna suck out on me. we have a monumental 5 minute dwell .. a clock is called he keeps saying he has 3-1..finally he passes Jacks and I'm relieved.

A few hands later i pick up bullets on the button....perfect.. its folded to me and i make a standard raise into Le Knaves BB..its a perfect setup..it looks a bit of a nick and I'm pretty sure he will move with anything half decent..he finds A10 and i smoke his push.

I'm massive chip leader on 170K...  Then Blatchley raises early and i find A J diamonds.. in a nano second i find myself calling ..tbh it was just instinctual and the second it took me to call the thought process was..his been lively all the way his got sod all you have chips..call.

Such is the speed of the call my railers think Ive found bullets again... on there backs and he has KJ and i have him, the final table and 270K wrapped up... but he runs good and hits 2 kings on me.. my railers want to strangle me for what they thought was a marginal call... I'm kinda agreeing with them and blame tiredness for the mistake..but it was a gut call and i was right..don't know if that makes it better.

I finally take out the short stack and we are finalled third in chips.

We come back on the Sunday and I'm not too sure how to play it.. the blinds are high..stacks shallow compared no ones comfy..I'm torn between trying to bite of a few of those blinds as i think early it will be tight.. but i have backers here and decide to play it tight and give it an orbit or so before i decide to move....Action is hot from the get go with Red Dog on the short stack looking to get busy..he and broyny were designated early targets but Toms in no mood to mess around and is highly active..it takes me 2 orbits to make a play for red dogs blind...he chews my arm off..his breathing hard and i know he doesn't have much but this isn't the time or place and my going to war hand is marginal..

Tom finally gets crippled AK into QQ on a blank board and has 9k left with 8k in the BB... its folded to me on the button and i limp with 67 inviting the SB in to help me take out Tom.. she duly folds for 4k into 20k...FFS please pay attention people..i have to take red dog on heads up but fortunatley hit my hand..and toms gone in 9th.
Bryony follows shortly with her one and only hand.as does Paul King finding blatchley with a genuine KK into Paul's AK BB.. brutal

Early skirmishes have been vicious and Blatchley emerges with big chips to my immediate right and he goes to work running the table over.. I'm card dead and realise this is a ladder job in the face of the onslaught.. only At it Bradley is making a stand and he is finally smoked in 6th

Smiler with big chips decides to go to war with blatchly after getting his original raise re popped for a huge amount.. he feels AQ is good enough..no one else does and Blatchleys JJ is good...

Were 4 handed me and Dylan have 4BB and its a matter of which of us is 3rd and 4th respectively.. Blatchley then initiates deal talks whilst holding 80% of the chips ..i cant believe my luck and negotiate guaranteed 3rd place money and still a shot at the seat..

TBH if i was Blatchley no deal would have been done and with his game and those chips he would have destroyed us..i know i would have..

Anyway i move it in with K5 clubs and get taken out by Dylan's 88.. justice is done and Blatchley eventually takes the seat.

I'm pleased with the performance and very pleased Ive re payed my backers twelve times over.. well mostly pleased LOL

So a fantastic tournament many thanks and congratulations to APAT and blue square for the added value and a great comp.

Smoke me a kipper ill be back for another...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 03:47:00 AM »

nice score bud.

More new arrivals including Maldini.. i find A A on a king high flop and Maldini re raises my bet...99% its AK here as set of kings I'm sure he smooths.. i think and smooth the bet looking for the whole enchilada here... i slip the blank turn back to him and he bets again before i move him in and he cant pass... AK it is and I'm flying.......

.....A few hands later i pick up bullets on the button....perfect.. its folded to me and i make a standard raise into Le Knaves BB..its a perfect setup..it looks a bit of a nick and I'm pretty sure he will move with anything half decent..he finds A10 and i smoke his push.

Also, don't forget crushing chiprich's soul too.  U bagged the fkin hatrick of the northern boys. gg.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 06:20:25 AM »

Good report & well done blondie finalists

sola virtus nobilitat
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 09:06:17 AM »

nice score bud.

Also, don't forget crushing chiprich's soul too.  U bagged the fkin hatrick of the northern boys. gg.

For this I salute you.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 10:16:30 AM »

nice score bud.

More new arrivals including Maldini.. i find A A on a king high flop and Maldini re raises my bet...99% its AK here as set of kings I'm sure he smooths.. i think and smooth the bet looking for the whole enchilada here... i slip the blank turn back to him and he bets again before i move him in and he cant pass... AK it is and I'm flying.......

.....A few hands later i pick up bullets on the button....perfect.. its folded to me and i make a standard raise into Le Knaves BB..its a perfect setup..it looks a bit of a nick and I'm pretty sure he will move with anything half decent..he finds A10 and i smoke his push.

Cheers 4 that...Chiprich ? cant remember that one.. sucked out did i?

Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 10:18:57 AM »

Nice report mate.

Looking back it was a freindly deal ... but with so many fellow blondes backing you I thought it was the frindly thing to do :-)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 10:20:48 AM »

Nice report mate.

Looking back it was a freindly deal ... but with so many fellow blondes backing you I thought it was the frindly thing to do :-)

Appreciated Blatch.. tbh once u got ur nose in front u owned us pretty much...excellent play m8 many congrats and goodluck on the final i'll watch out 4 u..

Oh P.S.   U Run Good  LOL

Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »

Thanks mate, I cant believe what I was allowed to get away with and run very well that teh weakest hand I hand when I got played back at was 44, which I folded, and after that was 99.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 10:41:37 AM »

Thanks mate, I cant believe what I was allowed to get away with and run very well that teh weakest hand I hand when I got played back at was 44, which I folded, and after that was 99.

Yep but when its ur day its ur day and to be fair u played good to..u must have known u were sleeping with angels when u dodged th KJ AJ coup....LMAO u went white when i insta called u....

Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 12:19:48 PM »

I think had been white all day, felt really rough all day and nearly fainted earlier on .... however me and the railers all assumed you had KK or AA with the insta call.  Was a nice call, but I couldnt reists the 15% of my stack out their in blinds, with 2 very tight players in the blinds and on the bubble :-)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 12:23:35 PM »

Yup it was a question who was going to go after them first me or you.. although i was a little more subtle than you LOL.. i was just a little more aware of a Le knave re-push tbh.. as he would know what was going on... but the three to his left were v passive .

Did i play against you at Caesers in June in one of the deepstacks ??

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 12:23:56 PM »

nice trip report. wp sir.

but please dont use the word smoked ever again.

also.

"ok i know where i am and will have a special time in mind for him". loooooooooooooooool.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 12:30:04 PM »

but please dont use the word smoked ever again.

also.

"ok i know where i am and will have a special time in mind for him". loooooooooooooooool.

Feck off alex ur only jealous i dont have special time for you at the moment but it will come...

Ur a pseudo journo... smoked is a great analogy.. dont know wot u mean..  jeeez im getting old.. so eighties.. please suggest alternative that meets young-star approval for future reports

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 12:30:15 PM »

+1

nice to see that somebody was able to pay their backers

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 02:08:16 PM »

Nice report and well done - great result.

Thanks for explaining your thinking behind the play of your set against my kings. I had one of those 'take to bed' hands. But not a good one - one where you lay there rethinking it a million times cursing the confidence i felt that I had you banged to rights. Ouch!!

In a deepstack comp like that i should have been capable of putting them down. bruises available for inspection where I am still kicking myself. Good use of my chips though - I wouldn't have forgiven you if you hadn't done something good with them! x

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: