blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:05:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  -+- GOING TO VEGAS? -+- Post Trip Dates Here -+-
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: -+- GOING TO VEGAS? -+- Post Trip Dates Here -+-  (Read 35443 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2009, 12:27:29 PM »

BA, who's direct flights commence around Oct. 25th have a sale on until July 14th, £379 return for cattle-class.

I'm just trying to decide whether to go Oct.27th, Nov.3rd or Nov.10th., with the first one being slight favourite presently.

Decisions decisions decisions 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2009, 12:34:24 PM »

Karabiner, late October is a bit early for the deep stack at the venetian.
Where does the BA jobbie fly from? Know the times yet?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2009, 01:13:12 PM »

Karabiner, late October is a bit early for the deep stack at the venetian.
Where does the BA jobbie fly from? Know the times yet?

BA will be flying from Heathrow daily; departs 3.30pm arrives LV 6.30pmish which seems pretty much ideal to me.

I was thinking maybe of catching one of the PLO/PLO8/HO events towards the end of the Caesar's Classic but I can't find any schedules anywhere. I reckon they won't publish them or the deepstack's for that matter until after the WSOP.

I might just take the middle option and go for Nov.3rd.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2009, 01:46:23 PM »

That flight time is perfect for me, and prefer Heathrow.

2009 Deep Stack Extravaganza IV — November 2009 (November 1st to 25th, Schedule TBD)

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2009, 09:24:07 AM »

Ummed and arrred for a while but finally settled on Nov.10th/24th.

I've found a good site for booking hotels, they seem cheaper than anywhere else www.1800hotels.com

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2009, 10:20:15 AM »

A friend of mine is getting married out there on October 17th, so I'm trying to pursuade SWMBO to let me go for a (very) long weekend. Probably Wednesday->Tuesday, as that seems to get the best flight prices. Virgin £505 for those dates, and apparently they're planning on staying at the Venetian, which I can get for about £600 for their lowest grade room (Luxury Suite). Obviously the Venetian is fairly top-end, price wise. Is it worth it? Are there any hotels close to it that are worth looking at? I don't want to have to walk too far to play poker, obv Smiley.

Now I just need to spin up the Stars account up a bit, to be in with a better shout of getting permission. $3/6 limit seems to be profitable recently.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2009, 02:45:13 PM »

Mirage over the road oct14th/6 nights $582,short walk to the Venetian.

nice hotel,good low limit $1/2 $2/5 nl,with limit spread and omaha in the poker room

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/travel-deals/704925/?start=2320

i will be there from oct 7th,can't wait to get back to Vegas

shy bairns get nowt
neildawson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2009, 03:14:20 PM »

July 31st to August 5th staying at MGM Grand again. Flights booked through Expedia and Accommodation through CityAndShow.

Looking to play some $100/$150 Tourneys during these 6 days of a 'family' holiday. I'm currently eying up the 9pm $120 + $20 Bounty Tourney at Caesars Palace and the 7pm $120 + $20 at The Venetian (two rooms I've not played in before), and I fancy seeing the new Poker Room at Hard Rock but there's nothing around the $100 mark. At 110degrees though, I might fancy some daytime ones too to keep out the heat.

Open to suggestions.
Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2009, 11:11:25 PM »

28 Aug to 11 Sept staying various places

dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2009, 12:57:46 PM »

I'm heading out for the Venetian Deepstack/Nov 9 for at least two weeks, maybe longer.

Anyway would appreciate hotel advice. Staying at The Venetian is too expensive and so I’m looking at alternatives. I don't want to spend more than $100 a night if I can help it and as long as the rooms are reasonable and i can get internet connection (will have to do some work whilst over there) then that's what matters. I'm not overly concerned about how good the restaurants  are etc in the place i stay in. If it's close to The Venetian then all the better, nearby are Imperial Palace (around $48 a night), Flamingo ($80 a night) Harrahs ($90), Ballys ($93) can you realistically walk to The V from any of these? If you've stayed at any of those would you recommend or not? Am in no massive rush to book as I’ve heard offers spring up all the time but would like to narrow down the options for when the time comes. Any help much appreciated.
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2009, 01:29:33 PM »

All 3 of those hotels are within spitting distance of the Venetian.IP really does look a bit dingy from the outside,although i've never been in.

shy bairns get nowt
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2009, 01:55:43 PM »

Stay downtown at The Golden Nugget for c$70 per night and take the deuce bus to the strip when necessary would be my advice.

We stayed at Bally's for two nights last year and found it rather tired and threadbare, then moved downtown to The Nugget which is a really lovely hotel and has a pretty lively cardroom too.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2009, 02:54:29 PM »

All 3 of those hotels are within spitting distance of the Venetian.IP really does look a bit dingy from the outside,although i've never been in.

IP is dingy inside too, tho' cardroom 1/2 nlhe game was soft

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2009, 03:06:23 PM »

Bally's link on fatwallet-Nov 9th for a week works out at $65 average
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/travel-deals/704925/?start=2280

a few hundred yards from Venetian,if your playing the deepstacks you can get the poker rate at the V for $109 i think

shy bairns get nowt
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2009, 04:58:37 PM »

Chezger hit Vegas 14th-21st November 2009 (numbers yet to be finalised)

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: