blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:14:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345890 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: October 05, 2013, 04:07:56 PM »

I see Remy signed for the season while in Ireland.

The singularly most exciting striker I've seen at Loftus Road since Sir Les. And you lot saw how good he was.

Super fast and very quick thinking plus skilful and has a great shot on him.

Reminded me of Thierry Henry.

Did go massively off the boil once relegation was pretty much confirmed, but for the first 4 to 6 matches he was brilliant.

Hope we get promoted and he comes back.

Believe what I said about Remy yet?

Wonderful business from us that there's no agreement in place for us to be able to sign him if we wish, marv.

Thank God you didn't.

To my eyes he's a £15 million player.

You'd have got him for less than half of that if you'd bought him outright.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: October 06, 2013, 12:26:36 PM »

I'm going to sound like a complete idiot but I don't rate him as an all round footballer Sad

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: October 06, 2013, 01:03:02 PM »

I'm going to sound like a complete idiot but I don't rate him as an all round footballer Sad

but you rate mbiwa, so at least this is consistent Tongue

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: October 27, 2013, 08:57:13 PM »

Personally I honestly don't believe this is acceptable.

Pardew is a spineless man and and a spineless manager, nobody can defend this.

Last season our worst performance of the season was against our biggest rivals at home, this year he put a team out who once again decided to put in the worst performance of the season in the biggest game of the season. This imo isn't acceptable, this isn't me heart over head, the game against Sunderland genuinely was our worst performance of the season, ditto today. I see no reason why the players would bottle a derby they don't actually give a shit about so you have to blame the manager. Ashley's a twat who doesn't give a shit so he's fine but Pardew deserves to be sacked for today's performance alone, absolutely disgusting.

People don't understand what it means, I'm literally absolutely confirmed fukn busto, I decided today to go watch the match and have a drink today instead of buying food, that's how I roll, tmoro they won't give a fuck, I will!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: October 27, 2013, 10:33:14 PM »

genuinely think we played good.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: October 27, 2013, 11:28:33 PM »

Personally I honestly don't believe this is acceptable.

Pardew is a spineless man and and a spineless manager, nobody can defend this.

Last season our worst performance of the season was against our biggest rivals at home, this year he put a team out who once again decided to put in the worst performance of the season in the biggest game of the season. This imo isn't acceptable, this isn't me heart over head, the game against Sunderland genuinely was our worst performance of the season, ditto today. I see no reason why the players would bottle a derby they don't actually give a shit about so you have to blame the manager. Ashley's a twat who doesn't give a shit so he's fine but Pardew deserves to be sacked for today's performance alone, absolutely disgusting.

People don't understand what it means, I'm literally absolutely confirmed fukn busto, I decided today to go watch the match and have a drink today instead of buying food, that's how I roll, tmoro they won't give a fuck, I will!

I still love you ray even if pardew doesn't.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: October 28, 2013, 01:09:14 AM »

genuinely think we played good.

really? you created fuck all against the worse defence in the devision. apart from shots from about 30 yards out.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: October 28, 2013, 09:35:55 AM »

Ive saw hundreds of people write about how poor we played yesterday but I think this is one of those things that you have to play to understand it properly.

For 50 minutes they ran through brick walls, asides from the first 5 minutes they didnt threaten the goal at all and we passed the ball pretty well. When 11 guys sit behind the ball and literally run through brick walls to stop you its very difficult. Every time one of our palyers had the ball they had 3 players around them. I was on the phone to my Dad at half time who was complaining and I told him dont worry Cattermole, Bardsley and the rest wont be able to go for another 15 minutes they will be fucked. Dossena was doing 70 yard overlaps every single time!

By 55 minutes we had scored, Cattermole who was breaking most stuff up was dead to his feet and was subbed, Bardsley could barely walk anymore and the rest of their team showed absolutely no class at all. At this point we were the only team threatening and anybody would have backed us to be the team who would go on to win. There was a bad decision and we reacted kinda slowly and they found a lucky break and the guy hits a strike good enough to win any game. From watching the game, absolutely confident we will be fine this season and they will do awfully, absolutely awfully.

Sky has to give MOTM to a winning sides player and Altidore got it. He was absolutely terrible, playing against Williamson and Dummett and he didnt have a shot on target or do anything except throw himself about abit. If Newcastle had won, they Tiote, Cabaye, Debuchy and whoever would have scored the winning goal would all have been fair enough shouts for MOTM.

Our players cannot prove that they "want it" more if we have more of the possession or are more in control, we cant do crunching tackles and constantly break play up as we were the ones behind and thus on the strong foot moving forward, we lacked creativity sure, but the front 8 at least showed enough hunger and passion and wanted it as much as Sunderland.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: October 28, 2013, 09:49:17 AM »

We passed the ball pretty well ?

We didn't watch the same game then.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: October 28, 2013, 10:56:55 AM »

We had 52% possesion against a team who manager makes them make the most ridiculous passing from the back in a team where we have 2 centre halfs who are bad on the ball-. Posession generally comes from the back and despite williamosn and dummet we had 52% of the ball.

We had 16 shots on goal to Sunderlands 8.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: October 28, 2013, 10:57:34 AM »

when i say passing i dont mean defence splitting gerrard balls, i mean as a team kept the ball better than usual.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: October 28, 2013, 10:59:13 AM »

please not the ray houghton line

"you never played the game so you would not understand"

two poor sides yesterday game could have ended in any one of 3 results
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: October 28, 2013, 11:09:51 AM »

I mean its a local derby and players who havent played do struggle to understand why Ben Arfa cant just take them all on like he did against villa.

The atmosphere is so hostile the players are on a different level and as a guy watching from the outset Im sure you can appreciate that. But before every derby or big rival match Ive ever played I always go into the match thinking its fine im a great player I can just pass it about and play my game. Its really really not that simple and the whole occasion is overwhelming and players play on adrenalin. Like I said the Sunderland players were absolutely fucked after 50 minutes because of the way the game was,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24503990
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24350276

Last 2 games Cattermole played the full games. Im not sure if he got a knock or whatever, but try hard players like him really go that extra mile in derbys and they always struggle to maintain it for long periods of time.

Also we have to remember Newcastle are playing without a striker. We played Ben Arfa who is a creative midfielder as our lone striker.

Cisse played the second half and is so so woeful. How we can blame Pardew when Ashley didnt do enough in summer is probably not fair. Ive not been Pardews biggest fan, but over the last 3-4 games weve performed better without a recognised striker playing upfront. Maybe if we had MOTM Altidore in our team we would have won!

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: October 28, 2013, 11:13:17 AM »

You could blame Pardew as you still looked like a side of individuals rather than a team and he has been there long enough now so that should not be the case

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: October 28, 2013, 11:33:40 AM »

again disagree.

santon-debuchy both v v suspect when first came to club both are playing very very good atm. They are reaching their potential and playing for the team.

Williamson and Dummett is THE worst partnership in the premiership, if any team ahd their first 3 choice centre defenders injured and their youngest squad player who is a left back playing centre half they would struggle. But Sunderland had 2 proper shots on target, so as a team we must have defended pretty well.

As a midfield I think Tiote had his best game in ages and Cabaye looked like a thread and kept his passes simpler for once, something which is his main weakness so he was playing more for the team.

Gouffran and Remy didnt do much but they wernt going on solo runs or doing anything that was against the team spirit.

Like I said before, football "fans" think a team isnt fighting, battling or playing for eachother if theyre not all getting yellow cards and throwing their face in front of the ball. I think we played decent as a team but lacked creativity and in a derby that is a common trait.

The one thing I would say is that Pardew didnt get the best out of HBA but that kind of game just isnt for him, but if he didnt play the fans would have been going wild.

One thing I dont condone is Newcastle banning all local press for the forseeable future, a ridiculous decision which may cause a lot of problems.

Main thing for Pardew now is to work on our attacking play without a striker or use a formation that allows Remy to play upfront and still accomodate HBA.

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: