blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:48:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345828 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: November 01, 2011, 03:04:00 AM »

Aye apologies......six wins.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 01, 2011, 10:05:02 AM »

Spurs were "tested" against Manchester City and Manchester United. They lost 0-3 and 1-5.

Chelsea have "tested" themselves against Manchester United and Arsenal. They've lost 1-3 and 3-5.

Arsenal were "tested" against Manchester United. They failed miserably and lost 2-8. They also lost to Spurs.

Manchester United were "tested" against Manchester City. They failed their miserably test, lost 1-6.

So everyone who have been tested have failed bar Manchester City. What is this test that other supporters and experts are on about? Whether we can challenge for the title? I'm not saying we'll finish where we are, but overlooking the sides that we've brushed aside is just plain stupidit

We are the second team to beat Stoke away in the premiership right? We beat Sunderland away when we had a really really small and weak squad. We were tested and we passed with flying fucking colours.

We showed grit and determination to come back against Tottenham and ARsenal at home. If they had beaten us they would both me ahead of us in the table right now.

The premier league is a total different kettle of fish than 6 years ago. Almost every team is littered with internationals. Beating these teams reguarly IS THE TEST for the better teams. Liverpool fdrawing against Norwich for example, on the same day we played terribly but got a result against Wigan.

#KEEPTHEFAITH
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:06:55 AM by pleno1 » Logged

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 01, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »

Do you think you'll finish in the top 7?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 01, 2011, 10:21:01 AM »

Spurs were "tested" against Manchester City and Manchester United. They lost 0-3 and 1-5.

Chelsea have "tested" themselves against Manchester United and Arsenal. They've lost 1-3 and 3-5.

Arsenal were "tested" against Manchester United. They failed miserably and lost 2-8. They also lost to Spurs.

Manchester United were "tested" against Manchester City. They failed their miserably test, lost 1-6.

So everyone who have been tested have failed bar Manchester City. What is this test that other supporters and experts are on about? Whether we can challenge for the title? I'm not saying we'll finish where we are, but overlooking the sides that we've brushed aside is just plain stupidit

We are the second team to beat Stoke away in the premiership right? We beat Sunderland away when we had a really really small and weak squad. We were tested and we passed with flying fucking colours.

We showed grit and determination to come back against Tottenham and ARsenal at home. If they had beaten us they would both me ahead of us in the table right now.

The premier league is a total different kettle of fish than 6 years ago. Almost every team is littered with internationals. Beating these teams reguarly IS THE TEST for the better teams. Liverpool fdrawing against Norwich for example, on the same day we played terribly but got a result against Wigan.

#KEEPTHEFAITH

All biased bollox. You've done well granted but are by far and away over achieving. All this BS about no easy games is also BS> most teams in the prem are poor

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 01, 2011, 10:24:25 AM »

Yeh but then why can't Liverpool who have spent 100m+ beat little Norwich?

Also QPR after they had a really good qwweek away and came flying out the traps is a hard challenge too.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 01, 2011, 10:26:32 AM »

I think its certainly possible.

Do I think we have a top 7 team (on paper) no.

Do I think we have a top 7 team (performance wise) absolutely.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 01, 2011, 10:27:45 AM »

Yeh but then why can't Liverpool who have spent 100m+ beat little Norwich?

Also QPR after they had a really good qwweek away and came flying out the traps is a hard challenge too.

As stated- most teams in the prem are poor. I think the past couple of years have been the lowest standard in 10 years of the prem. No one seems to be able to defend.

Liverpool spent 100m. But 35 mill on Andy Carroll and 20 odd million on Jordan Henderson. I'd rate them at around 20m for the pair. Pool got ripped off.

Plus you're always gonna get freak results- just look at where Newcastle are in the table Wink

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 01, 2011, 10:34:58 AM »

Enrique, Henderson, Adam, Suarez, Carroll, Downing

All HUGE signings in the last 12 months or so.

Nolan, Barton, Carroll, Enrique.

All HUGE losses in the last 12 months or so.

Ok so if the prem is a bad standard and we are playing really, really well (best defensive record with Ryan Taylor at LB!) then it means we deserve and could well finish to be in a European place. Right?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 01, 2011, 10:37:34 AM »

Saylor has been incred so far this season continuing his form at the back end of last season. Williamson is a defender that doesnt do anything flash but just wins everything in the air, hes a stopper I guess. Like against the mackems we put him inbetween Saylor and Collocini and just let him hoover everything up, it also allows us to change to 3-5-2 if we need to.

Jonas has more energy/drive/pace than almost anybody in the prem, he doesnt have a great end product, but carrying the ball and keeping pressure off away from home is super important and very undervalued. He's also great at working back, part of the reason Enrique got so much praise was down to Jonas.

Goals could be a struggle, but if we concede alot less (i think we will) we dont need to score as many as last season. Losing Nolans goals, but keeping possesion/not being overran in midfiled by athletic mdifielders is definitetly better imo.

Basically what I said 2/3 months ago.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 01, 2011, 10:41:52 AM »

Enrique, Henderson, Adam, Suarez, Carroll, Downing

All HUGE signings in the last 12 months or so.

Nolan, Barton, Carroll, Enrique.

All HUGE losses in the last 12 months or so.

Ok so if the prem is a bad standard and we are playing really, really well (best defensive record with Ryan Taylor at LB!) then it means we deserve and could well finish to be in a European place. Right?

Suaraz and Enrique aside, Liverpool overpaid for their players imo.

No doubt you could qualify for Europe. But would u really want to? Seems like a poisoned chalice to me (unless it's CL)

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 01, 2011, 11:32:40 AM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/w-o-big-6

Certainly couldnĀ“t back Newcastle at these prices.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 01, 2011, 11:44:31 AM »

Wow. I think blonde are really underrating Newcastle this season.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 01, 2011, 11:45:41 AM »

Where do you think they'll finish?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 01, 2011, 11:52:28 AM »

7th.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 01, 2011, 11:53:24 AM »

7th.

I'd deffo take the over

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: