blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:26:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272606 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345815 times)
geordieneil
we are we are we are the mods

View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: April 24, 2012, 05:17:11 PM »

Really hope Newc can get 4th, they've done me a good turn this season.

But don't think they will, Spurs remaining games being Blackburn, Bolton, Villa and Fulham.

on paper I'd agree, but 1 win in 9 hardly the same team 1st half of the season, tonnes of pressure on them, whilst we have nothing to lose and are in cracking form..........whatever happens its been a season to remember for us
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 24, 2012, 09:59:23 PM »

50% chance of 4th place meaning nothing now! wow.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 25, 2012, 04:19:06 AM »

Don't know if this has been mentioned in the thread.....only just found out myself

If Newcastle do manage to hold on for 4th spot, but Chelski win the champions league....we would not play champions league football next year, 4th place has to sacrafice their place if a champion league winner doesn't quaifly through their own league.

How f***ing sickening would that be?

That rule was brought in courtesy of Liverpool after they won the CL in 2005 but didn't qualify to defend it! But yes it would be extremely ugly if that happened to Newcastle.

Isn't going to happen.

didnt realise this has change would be uultra harsh on newscastle! Might have to support a German team in a Champions League Final if it comes down to it! Think NEwcastle deserve it more then Chelski!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 25, 2012, 06:03:16 AM »

Don't know if this has been mentioned in the thread.....only just found out myself

If Newcastle do manage to hold on for 4th spot, but Chelski win the champions league....we would not play champions league football next year, 4th place has to sacrafice their place if a champion league winner doesn't quaifly through their own league.

That rule was brought in courtesy of Liverpool after they won the CL in 2005 but didn't qualify to defend it! But yes it would be extremely ugly if that happened to Newcastle.

Isn't going to happen.

didnt realise this has change would be uultra harsh on newscastle! Might have to support a German team in a Champions League Final if it comes down to it! Think NEwcastle deserve it more then Chelski!
Chelsea win the champions league and you think they don't deserve to defend their title? Would be harsh on 4th place but that won't be Newcastle. They are gonna be 3rd #plenobelieves

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 25, 2012, 01:18:16 PM »

I think I would actually cry if we finish 4th and Chelsea win the CL.

Blue text
geordieneil

View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 25, 2012, 01:46:18 PM »

Isn't going to happen.

Chelsea win the champions league and you think they don't deserve to defend their title? Would be harsh on 4th place but that won't be Newcastle. They are gonna be 3rd #plenobelieves

no I think any team that wins any cup should defend their crown, however booting out 4th place is brutal.    I wonder if there is  any compensation for this if it does happen........there is a fair few £million to lose out on.....plus the bonus of being able to attract better players
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 25, 2012, 07:15:44 PM »

useful

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/european-qualification-permutations.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
geordieneil

View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 26, 2012, 07:02:26 PM »

very informative, but no mention if the team that finished fourth are compensated in any way....I mean the financial rewards between CL and Europa are poles apart........makes a big difference to a club like ours...esp with attracting new players

Still agree the winners of the CL should 100% defend their title, but UEFA must be able to come up with a better option than this, maybe 4th plays the CL winner in a one off play off at least....winner CL loser Europa
WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 26, 2012, 07:28:27 PM »

very informative, but no mention if the team that finished fourth are compensated in any way....I mean the financial rewards between CL and Europa are poles apart........makes a big difference to a club like ours...esp with attracting new players

Still agree the winners of the CL should 100% defend their title, but UEFA must be able to come up with a better option than this, maybe 4th plays the CL winner in a one off play off at least....winner CL loser Europa

That's asking a bit much.  Why should you be compensated?  4th place is a provisional position.  You know that from the beginning of the season.  You know only top three are guaranteed places. They can't make a special case of Newcastle just because the money means a lot to you.  Should the team finishing 5th be compensated too if Chelsea win the Champions League? Who could they play in a one of play-off?

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
geordieneil

View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 26, 2012, 10:36:51 PM »

That's asking a bit much.  Why should you be compensated?  4th place is a provisional position.  You know that from the beginning of the season.  You know only top three are guaranteed places. They can't make a special case of Newcastle just because the money means a lot to you.  Should the team finishing 5th be compensated too if Chelsea win the Champions League? Who could they play in a one of play-off?

Nowt to do with Newcastle (we are far from sure of 4th anyhow) whatever team finishes 4th its brutal, just think at least a play off is fairer for both sides....at least that way both make the CL (albeit a play off qualifier) and would still have the chance of attracting better players

and I didn't know 4th would lose out, I 1st found out a matter of days ago.....wasn't expecting Newcastle to be anywhere near the top 4....I shud of listened to Pads Smiley
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 28, 2012, 04:30:34 PM »

ohhh dear

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 29, 2012, 02:51:56 AM »

Eek

Blue text
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 30, 2012, 03:47:40 PM »

A Geordie walking along the banks of the Tyne finds a magic lamp, gives it a little rub and out pops a genie

Genie: As a thank you for releasing me from this lamp I grant you a wish

Geordie: I would like to live forever

Genie: I am afraid that I am unable to grant you that particular wish, please ask for something else

Geordie: Ok, Id like to live to see the day Sunderland play in the champions League

Genie:  ooooooh you crafty twat

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 30, 2012, 03:50:40 PM »

Love it.
geordieneil

View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 30, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »

A Geordie walking along the banks of the Tyne finds a magic lamp, gives it a little rub and out pops a genie

Genie: As a thank you for releasing me from this lamp I grant you a wish

Geordie: I would like to live forever

Genie: I am afraid that I am unable to grant you that particular wish, please ask for something else

Geordie: Ok, Id like to live to see the day Sunderland play in the champions League

Genie:  ooooooh you crafty twat

hahaha  10/10 n1 Guy, shall be using that lots Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: