blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:29:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272606 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345818 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: September 30, 2014, 04:05:58 PM »

Pulis would be tremendous.

Sort out anybody who wouldn't put 100% in right away, fix the defence

a) too far from Dorset for him

b) wouldn't get on with Ashley, particularly on transfers, and who has the say on them

c) Newcastle fans think they are a bigger club than they are, in the current premier league. i don't mean that nastily but the ambition should be to consolidate in the league, no higher, for the time being. a bottom ten side not a top ten side so no different from Palace, west ham, hull, sunderland etc

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: September 30, 2014, 04:22:18 PM »

Pulis would be tremendous.

Sort out anybody who wouldn't put 100% in right away, fix the defence

a) too far from Dorset for him

b) wouldn't get on with Ashley, particularly on transfers, and who has the say on them

c) Newcastle fans think they are a bigger club than they are, in the current premier league. i don't mean that nastily but the ambition should be to consolidate in the league, no higher, for the time being. a bottom ten side not a top ten side so no different from Palace, west ham, hull, sunderland etc

Since you are a normal human being capable of having a discussion for the single purpose of actually just discussing the point in hand, can you tell me please how you have this information that Newcastle fans think they are a bigger club than they are ? We've all been categorized as one otherwise you'd have said some but that's fine we can just ignore that as I'd really like to find out from you how you know this ?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 04:23:56 PM by mondatoo » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: September 30, 2014, 04:25:52 PM »

It's my sense from seeing a lot of comments from Newcastle fans. Big history, big ground, big fan-base but the belief that this should translate into an almost "natural" place at the top end of things, which is now a long time ago

Not every fan, but many. Happens with a lot of clubs who aren't repeating former glories too. The fan base gets a superiority complex  

my point, i think, is that Pulis would be ideal for a bottom half Premier League side

I would guess that many Newcastle fans would want a higher profile, sexier, bigger name commensurate with their idea of the club's status in the English game
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 04:27:43 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: September 30, 2014, 04:56:37 PM »

It's my sense from seeing a lot of comments from Newcastle fans. Big history, big ground, big fan-base but the belief that this should translate into an almost "natural" place at the top end of things, which is now a long time ago

Not every fan, but many. Happens with a lot of clubs who aren't repeating former glories too. The fan base gets a superiority complex  

my point, i think, is that Pulis would be ideal for a bottom half Premier League side

I would guess that many Newcastle fans would want a higher profile, sexier, bigger name commensurate with their idea of the club's status in the English game

I've posted about this on here before and I expect everyone to carry on making this same point but it's just not true, lazy journalists, mostly from the London press, keep printing this same lazy statement and people just lap it up time after time. Do we have fans that expect much more than what is realistic, 100%, are we any different to every other club in the country who also does have, no.

What former glories lolz, if your referring to comments from Newcastle fans on blonde, how many of us were even born when we last won anything, not many that's for sure.

If 10 blondes on here all have no clue about football and say we should be buying Messi etc etc, then Sky finds a few morons to make ludicrous statements on deadline day or when our manager is sacked, does that give you enough of a true representation for you to make an assessment on Newcastle fans overall ? That seems pretty silly to me.

The vast majority of us who are passionate about the club and are true supporters who actually genuinely care know exactly were we are :

- We are miles off the top 6, and Everton, we can finish in any of the other 13 postions.
- Sacking Pardew won't achieve very much, but he's so disliked, and for very valid reasons, that most would be happy to see the back of him.
- Due to the fact we can fill a 50k+ seater stadium, etc etc zzzzzzzz we believe we have the potential to be a bigger club than those we are competing with.
- We see no reason why the club can't make a genuine effort at a cup run as well as sustain our position as a mediocre Premier League team.
- No "high profile, big name" manager will be interested in taking the job on if Pardew is sacked.

I could go on and on but since I expect not one person to stop with the Newcastle fans are all delusional idiots who expect to do the treble and spend 500m on players then I'll just leave it at that.

Who cares that it's not really true though right, just like all Gypsies are x and all Muslims are y, all Newcastle fans think they are a bigger club than what they are, are completely delusional, just daft Geordies innit.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 05:01:06 PM by mondatoo » Logged
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: September 30, 2014, 05:05:19 PM »

How many teams in europe sell out 52k or more every single wrek? Every single one of these teams will be considerred a big club, so why arnt newcastle a big club?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: September 30, 2014, 05:05:47 PM »

Personally I suspect Newcastle are one of the biggest clubs in the country.  The city centre stadium is amazing, but theoretically what size stadium would they fill if size was no object?  If it's 50k a week under old Pardew, I imagine potential is significant if they had a top 4 team.

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: September 30, 2014, 05:26:44 PM »

This sort of comment really annoys me.

No Newcastle fan expect us to be in the top 4. Simply isn't going to happen any time soon.

What we do expect is to be comfortably in the top 10 at least making some sort of effort to push for a european place and have a good run at the cups.

As much as we all dislike some things about the club there are some things we to an extent do right that should help facilitate this. Carr brings in some excellent players on the cheap, we run at a profit, etc. But as much as everyone posts "Newcastle spent well this summer" - We didn't. We spent the money we recouped from transfers. What happened to the £40m TV money? We desperately needed a centre back and a proven striker. We got neither. We spent the minimum amount neccesary that Ashley thought would see us survive in the league. That's not even consolidating never mind pushing on.

The 5th place finish again shows this lack of ambition. The 5th itself was a complete fluke as Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Ba were in the form of their lives. But this was the time to put some money in and consolidate that position. We signed 1 player, who the manager doesn't even play. The club had no intention of spending money when it felt there was no need to unless Premiership survival was at risk.

And then there's Alan Pardew who is just completely inept. I'm gonna bring up MYM who a lot won't even know who he is. But let's put it this way: under AP he couldn't even get into the team ahead of Colo/Williamson/Taylor, the latter two who frankly shouldn't even be playing in this league. So we loan him off to Roma and reportedly still pay 80% of his wages. He will most likely be playing tonight in the champions league against Man City. And in Pardew's eyes he can't get in the team ahead of the above 3. Seriously?

Also: Tevez, Ben Arfa, Mascherano, etc...

Oh Ben Arfa was a good one last night. In his post match interview he said we needed someone up the top of the field who was creative and would have a go at opposition defenses, Well why did you loan that player to Hull you prick.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 05:29:07 PM by Cf » Logged

Blue text
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: September 30, 2014, 05:50:33 PM »

Perhaps I am not making my point properly

Newcastle are of course a big club, in the same way that Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday are

in terms of fan base, stadia, heritage. This will never change

Where none of these clubs are currently big clubs is on the field in performances and prospects

cf states "What we do expect is to be comfortably in the top 10 at least "

I think this is probably unrealistic with this squad and the ambitions of the chairman are not consistent with that.

Again, i don't mean any offence.

My eyes are open wide
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: September 30, 2014, 06:29:33 PM »

The point isn't about whether we are or aren't a big club, everyone has there own criteria for how to judge that, at the end of the day we've achieved nothing of note for a very long time and nothing else really matters. My point is that I find it hugely frustrating keep being told what all Newcastle fans think by fans of other clubs because clueless media outlets/persons who don't care whether what they actually write/speak of is the truth or not as they know we are an easy target to have a pop at and it seems like most of the rest of the country for some reason decides to believe it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:35:21 PM by mondatoo » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: September 30, 2014, 06:36:31 PM »

fwiw i think Newcastle fans should be expecting their team to comfortably finish in the top half every season in the current make up of the EPL.  The top 6 are locks (everton close to locks) then 3 spaces left.  I think Newcastle fans have every right to expect to finish in one of those 3 spots most seasons.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: September 30, 2014, 10:22:35 PM »

lol tighty...

with a very similar group of players we finished 5th and nearly got a champions league spot. we had a good run in europe and narrowly got knocked out by a great benfica team.

we had a great, great opportunity to push on because we had the support/groud etc to help us financially and get a bigger squad.

instead of buying 3-4 new players and pushing to consolidate as a top 5/6 team we sold Ba, Cabaye, loaned out mbwia to Roma to play in the champions league and loaned our best player to Hull City. We didnt add to our defence, we replaced Debuchy with a way worse replacement and replaced Cabaye with a guy who struggled to get in Sunderlands team.

This is not delusion, we were close, we were very close, but our manager mismanaged and our chairman was unambitious.

There is absolutely 0 reason that Everton should be more successful than Newcastle United, the main difference is the manager.

So titing being branded brain-dead fans, its ridiculous. 

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: October 01, 2014, 10:30:07 AM »

From the same person who less than a year ago was telling me Mike Williamson should be in the England squad and was top class.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: October 01, 2014, 10:39:36 AM »

Williamson and mbwia were our best partnership by a mile both jn terms of performances and results.

We have a captain who doesn't lead by example, a right back who isn't as good as who we had last year and a talentless left back who plays because he's a Geordie.

We play a French international central midfielder as a defensive winger and a proven goalscorer as a defensive left winger when we can't score.

We continue with 2 holding midfielders whenever we are losing and our two most creative players marveux and hba are on loan.

These are all managerial decisions which are beyond a joke.

I was going to speak about Martinez but I guess he plays Lukaku on the wing so I won't let people bite!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: October 01, 2014, 10:41:11 AM »

Ill leave Tighty to it i think

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: October 01, 2014, 10:43:27 AM »

Ill leave Tighty to it i think

no thanks!

My eyes are open wide