blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:16:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345591 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: October 01, 2014, 11:13:08 AM »

I'm not sure what you deny though?

- we finished 5th in 2012
- we had he foundations to cement ourselves as a top 6 team like spurs are right now
- we sold our best players
- we replaced them with far inferior ones
- our manga get has gone from manager of the year to repeatedly making very questionable decisions
- our 2 most creative players are currently out on loan whilst we can't score a goal to save our life
- out 4th choice centre half is on loan playing in the champions league for Roma against man city
- our captain refused to play for the club for a spell of time and now demands who plays and doesn't play
- our board came out to say they have no interest in being successful in cup competitions
- our manager head butted a player on the pitch
-  we constantly underperform against rival clubs
- we have won 5 matches in 2014
- we have the worst record in English football in 2014
- we don't just get beat we get thrashed, our players often simply give up at 2-0

I could go on all day rattling off why we should be unhappy. It's ridiculous how much stick we get for being unhappy. We are undoubtedly the biggest team in England/perhaps the world! To last win a trophy.

What exactly will you leave to tighty?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: October 01, 2014, 11:17:43 AM »

Tiote has came out today to confirm he wants to leave the club.

Pardew well and truly lost his dressing room.

This is the manager who not only didn't want mbwia or hba in ir around he team but did the same as west jam with mascherano and tevez a lot of the time.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:19:28 AM by pleno1 » Logged

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: October 01, 2014, 11:48:43 AM »

Tiote is the only player we have who gives any sort of leadership on the pitch. He's essentially the captain. God knows why Coloccini still has it.

Blue text
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: October 01, 2014, 12:06:40 PM »

Geordies SEETHING.

Smiley
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: October 01, 2014, 12:09:57 PM »

This is the manager who not only didn't want mbwia or hba in ir around he team but did the same as west jam with mascherano and tevez a lot of the time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2774654/Newcastle-ace-Cheick-Tiote-defends-decision-two-wives-AND-mistress.html

Needs a new club as he has run out of Geordie birds to add to his list of potential wifes!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: October 01, 2014, 12:14:57 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2774654/Newcastle-ace-Cheick-Tiote-defends-decision-two-wives-AND-mistress.html

Needs a new club as he has run out of Geordie birds to add to his list of potential wifes!

Living the dream Cheesy

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: October 01, 2014, 12:24:30 PM »

It seems to me that whilst Ashley still isn't popular the ire has turned on Pardew now.  I seem to remember at one point that it was basically unsafe for Ashley to visit St James Park.  Has that all passed now and he is basically accepted or is the general opinion still that everyone wants him out?

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: October 01, 2014, 01:26:37 PM »

It seems to me that whilst Ashley still isn't popular the ire has turned on Pardew now.  I seem to remember at one point that it was basically unsafe for Ashley to visit St James Park.  Has that all passed now and he is basically accepted or is the general opinion still that everyone wants him out?

He is still just as unpopular, the fans have had to accept that he's clearly going nowhere. As I said, Pardew is only a small part of the problem, that's the general view I get from most fans I speak to.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: October 02, 2014, 05:19:21 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/oct/02/alan-pardew-newcastle-manager-survival?commentpage=1

Thought this was an interesting piece.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: October 02, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »

Loic Remy was never our player and never seemed likely to be a permanent signing so Pardew had a full year (he had longer really since Carroll was never replaced but anyways) to find a replacement for a loan signing who was a stop gap. Similarly he knew Cabaye was going in January since he was close to leaving the previous Summer, he may well have replaced him in Cabella, who should've been bought in January but we wouldn't pay the money, time will tell on him.

Results on the pitch are only one of many reasons he gets aggro. He embarrassed the club with the whole Pellegrini affair, he disgraced the club headbutting an opposing teams player, he was completely out of order to put blame on our away fans for the Southampton result, that is a complete joke, his blame anyone but himself attitude is well documented and is pretty pathetic.

As has already been said changing the manager won't really change much, but at least we won't have such a dislikeable man as the manager of our club.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: October 02, 2014, 08:18:47 PM »

Beat me to it Reds a good piece
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: October 02, 2014, 09:49:32 PM »

Enjoyed that - excellent article.

I've just read the last 12 months entries on the thread. Some of the stuff makes me laugh - for example Pleno thinking Remy is awful and then linking that to the great stats in the article about Remy and knowing that Rodgers wanted to buy him and mourinho actually did!

Overalll you can't help but sympathise with Newcastle supporters about the Ashley/Pardew scenario. All could have been so different if Sheikh Mansour had opted for the Toon when he was was looking at Newcastle/City/Everton before landing on City. I wonder what Newcastle fans would have made of that?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: October 02, 2014, 10:23:28 PM »

Remy is a goal scorer not an all round striker which is why he looked awful in our teams at times. He's streets ahead of rivière and cisse but miles away from world class. Didn't Liverpool turn him down for 8m?  He would never be more than a back up striker for any big club. Do you really think qpr or Newcastle would have been able to sign him if he was so good?

He is a good one on one striker but I don't think he brings others into the game, works hard defensively or can play with his back to goal like Demba Ba did so well when we were successful that season. He bullied defenders, won headers, brought others into the game and still scored a bunch himself. The reason remy was so well liked was because the other option was Shola.

Remy signalled his intent way way before summer and we failed to replace him. We could have signed Pelle bit decided he was too old and his resale value wouldn't be high enough.

Very very bizarrely we signed remy Cabella who is a poor version or hba for 14m euros. Surely investing this money into a striker and keeping hba would have been the play, heck event marveux would have been better.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: October 02, 2014, 11:42:59 PM »

GOALS: Sylvain Marveaux has a quick-fire double and Guingamp lead PAOK 2-0.

not good enough for Newcastle.. scores 2 goals in europa league

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: October 03, 2014, 12:14:26 AM »

Remy is a goal scorer not an all round striker which is why he looked awful in our teams at times. He's streets ahead of rivière and cisse but miles away from world class. Didn't Liverpool turn him down for 8m?  He would never be more than a back up striker for any big club. Do you really think qpr or Newcastle would have been able to sign him if he was so good?

He is a good one on one striker but I don't think he brings others into the game, works hard defensively or can play with his back to goal like Demba Ba did so well when we were successful that season. He bullied defenders, won headers, brought others into the game and still scored a bunch himself. The reason remy was so well liked was because the other option was Shola.

Remy signalled his intent way way before summer and we failed to replace him. We could have signed Pelle bit decided he was too old and his resale value wouldn't be high enough.

Very very bizarrely we signed remy Cabella who is a poor version or hba for 14m euros. Surely investing this money into a striker and keeping hba would have been the play, heck event marveux would have been better.

My point is you slagged off Remy earlier in the thread.  I find  that amusing  because it is so at odds with:

•   other posters in the thread who rated him
•   the facts in that Guardian article
•   the fact that Rodgers went for him (but reported the deal didn’t conclude because of concerns about his medical )
•   the fact that Mourhino (quite a good judge of a footballer IMO) rated him sufficiently as a back up striker in a top side where he is almost guaranteed to get game time
•   the overwhelming viewpoint on most NUFC forums liking him because he is the best they could hope for in terms of having a goalscorer on board. Last seasons stats in the league  for minutes of game time/goals scored:

Dzeko   1992/16
Giroud 3081/16
Lukaku  2562/15
Remy   2103/14
RVP      1581/12

Then you post stuff like:

“Buying Cabella for 12m and sending hba on loan is the worst decision any manager has ever made at the club”

That amuses me as well. It is just so extreme.  Not only is it extreme but  in the summer you posted your agreement to a thread including the line “Opinions of Cabella are all positive and his signing looks to be the perfect choice to fill the ever widening hole left by love him or hate him Ben Arfa”

Make your mind up eh.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: