blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345086 times)
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #2175 on: January 03, 2015, 06:42:39 PM »

Wow that's some stat pads won only 3 fa cup games in 7 years? damn, spose that's ashley all over tho Shocked
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: January 03, 2015, 06:43:36 PM »

Bet Pardew would have  got a result against Leicester.

Lol how do we put people on mute on this forum? Its just such trolling.

I assume you don't remember us being knocked out against Stevenage? Or against Brighton? Pardews cup record for us was absolutely abysmal, in fact any game where he had to show a lot of passion and encouragement to the players he basically failed in, ie worst cup record of any manager we've had, worst derby record of any manager we've ever had, worst home record losses of any manager we've ever had, countless thrashings where we gave up after 30 minutes.

Unfortunately Carver loves Pardew and has the same ethics/opinions as him which if he will be given the job will no doubt fuck the rest of the season up.

It really is a bit of a joke if he gets the job, he has zero pedigree the fans unaminously hate him and people bought season tickets for a WHOLE season yet we're told, wait for summer, let us get the season out, we've been hearing this for the last 7 years. When Carroll was sold we had to wait 6 months, how about giving something back to the fans for once?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: January 03, 2015, 06:45:50 PM »

Alan Pardew has lost 4 out of 5 FA Cup games as Newcastle United manager. Of the 4 eliminations, 3 were against lower league opposition.

In 8 games against the likes of Stevenage, Scunthorpe, Morecambe, Brighton and Hove Albion and Gillingham in the early rounds of the FA Cup and League Cup, Pardew’s Newcastle United have only outscored lower league opposition by 2 goals (GS 12 GC 10).

Alan Pardew’s Newcastle United was only the fourth top-flight team since the formation of the Premier League to lose to fourth-tier opposition.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: January 03, 2015, 08:59:45 PM »

So Leicester made wholesale changes from their team that drew at Liverpool 48 hours earlier. In fact 6 of the subs at Liverpool started today. Understandable really - player fatigue, rotation, squad players get game,  Premier League more important  etc.

So Swansea made wholesale changes from their team that drew at QPR 48 hours earlier. In fact 6 of the subs at QPR started today. Understandable really - player fatigue, rotation, squad players get game,  Premier League more important etc.

So Newcastle made wholesale changes from their team that drew at home to Burnley. In fact 6 of the subs at home to Burnley started today. Understandable really - player fatigue, rotation, squad players get game,  Premier League more important etc

I understand disappointment with the performance and the result but the team selection appears to be pretty standard to me.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: January 03, 2015, 09:32:20 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2894975/John-Carver-play-Newcastle-s-best-XI-against-Leicester-bid-win-silverware.html

‘Four years ago, I was in Tenerife watching the game against Stevenage and let me tell you, I was really disappointed - and I had a few beers as well,’ he said. ‘Listen, there has been an awful lot made about cup runs so let me say this: Every game I go into I want to win, so I will put the best team on the pitch that I possibly can to win the game.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2894975/John-Carver-play-Newcastle-s-best-XI-against-Leicester-bid-win-silverware.html#ixzz3NnJ5UAex
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

‘I know exactly how much it means to the fans to have a cup run because I am one of them.
‘I have been to an FA Cup final and a semi-final and I will never forget that reception. Although we lost to Manchester United in 1999, when we came out of the tunnel at Wembley, with our fans were behind us, it was quite emotional.
‘So I know exactly what it means. I have actually been in the stands when we lost to Arsenal in the final in 1998, so I know what it is like and how important it is. So to get back there is one of the most important things in my eyes.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2894975/John-Carver-play-Newcastle-s-best-XI-against-Leicester-bid-win-silverware.html#ixzz3NnJ38P2k

‘There’s no extra significance,’ said Carver, who has lost defender Steven Taylor for the remainder of the season with an Achilles injury. ‘I know how important it is to win a Premier League game and how important it is to win an FA Cup match too, so I have not thought of it any differently if we had won, drew or lost against Burnley.
‘I need to see what we have available and I will pick my strongest available side. But if I have three or four players who are carrying things, then that is obviously an issue. The team might pick itself.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2894975/John-Carver-play-Newcastle-s-best-XI-against-Leicester-bid-win-silverware.html#ixzz3NnJCmsIf

Again I'll reiterate. We know we're never going to compete in the premiership, thats normal with the way money works. What we would really love is to give it our all in the cups, if the club doesn't do it then we can moan at Ashley or whatever, but when we have a new manager who comes in and fills us with false hope and optimism then that is something different all together, especially when he's supposed to be one of us.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: January 04, 2015, 12:06:19 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2894975/John-Carver-play-Newcastle-s-best-XI-against-Leicester-bid-win-silverware.html

‘Four years ago, I was in Tenerife watching the game against Stevenage and let me tell you, I was really disappointed - and I had a few beers as well,’ he said. ‘Listen, there has been an awful lot made about cup runs so let me say this: Every game I go into I want to win, so I will put the best team on the pitch that I possibly can to win the game.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2894975/John-Carver-play-Newcastle-s-best-XI-against-Leicester-bid-win-silverware.html#ixzz3NnJ5UAex

‘I know exactly how much it means to the fans to have a cup run because I am one of them.
‘I have been to an FA Cup final and a semi-final and I will never forget that reception. Although we lost to Manchester United in 1999, when we came out of the tunnel at Wembley, with our fans were behind us, it was quite emotional.
‘So I know exactly what it means. I have actually been in the stands when we lost to Arsenal in the final in 1998, so I know what it is like and how important it is. So to get back there is one of the most important things in my eyes.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2894975/John-Carver-play-Newcastle-s-best-XI-against-Leicester-bid-win-silverware.html#ixzz3NnJ38P2k

‘There’s no extra significance,’ said Carver, who has lost defender Steven Taylor for the remainder of the season with an Achilles injury. ‘I know how important it is to win a Premier League game and how important it is to win an FA Cup match too, so I have not thought of it any differently if we had won, drew or lost against Burnley.
‘I need to see what we have available and I will pick my strongest available side. But if I have three or four players who are carrying things, then that is obviously an issue. The team might pick itself.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2894975/John-Carver-play-Newcastle-s-best-XI-against-Leicester-bid-win-silverware.html#ixzz3NnJCmsIf

Again I'll reiterate. We know we're never going to compete in the premiership, thats normal with the way money works. What we would really love is to give it our all in the cups, if the club doesn't do it then we can moan at Ashley or whatever, but when we have a new manager who comes in and fills us with false hope and optimism then that is something different all together, especially when he's supposed to be one of us.

Looking at those quotes your expectation of a stronger team is understandable. Amazed he has come out with that and then selected the team he did. 

But did he really fill you with hope and optimism? In light of your earlier comments about Carver I'd be surprised if that was the case.

At the end of the day the selection was standard which is a great shame for fans of all clubs who now seem to discount the FA CUP particulalry in the ealry stages. 
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: January 04, 2015, 12:20:53 AM »

If I was a Leicester fan I would understand the decision to field a weakened team since they seem very likely to be in a relegation battle in March-April and survival is obv more important than a cup run in a competition that is going to be very hard for them to win. Swansea's manager fielded a weakened team as he believed the side was strong enough to get the win and they did. Newcastle currently sit on 27 points with 18 games still remaining, we are very unlikely to end up in a relegation battle in March-April (look forward to someone bumping this in a few months Smiley ), the bookies have NINE teams at shorter odds then us to go down, we won't get into Europe through the league so we look very likely to finish 8/9th-15/16th. So other than the possible exception of the Sunderland game in April this game today, in many fans minds, myself included, was the biggest game left in our season and we see fit to not even attempt to win it.

John Carver now has the image of a liar after being caretaker manager for two games since I and many others find it very hard to believe that Colo/Sissoko/Colback etc wouldn't have played today if it were a league game, great start to a new era (I fully expect him to be here until the end of the season at a minimum).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 12:23:02 AM by mondatoo » Logged
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2182 on: January 04, 2015, 04:37:03 PM »

The arguement about being safe so giving the cup a go is irrelevant for the Ashley 'model'. Each league place is worth £750k so the finances would always be directing towards the league as an extra place is worth nearly as much as a final appearance in the FA cup (and 7 times more than a League cup win!).

Let's get a head coach in who can motivate and develop players and has a style of play that moves the ball round nicely with a focus weighted on scoring goals.

Having been hit with JFK in recent times I would not even bother suggesting or wishing for names...

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: January 04, 2015, 06:14:40 PM »

home to ipswich..

Southampton
23 Forster
16 Ward-Prowse
06 Fonte
05 Gardos
21 Bertrand
08 Davis
04 Schneiderlin Booked
12 Wanyama
11 Tadic (Isgrove - 65' )
07 Long
19 Pellè

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: January 04, 2015, 07:02:58 PM »

you know what tilts me more than mindless trolling by kmac ITT.

people thinking that Galtier/de Boer/Benitez are realistic options.

we fucking all know we'll end up with someone that isn't currently offered by the bookies, because Ashley delights in doing things 'his way' so we'll end up with someone completely out of left field, so why we think someone like that would come, I have no fucking clue.

My current bet is someone like Nigel Worthington or Gary Johnson. At the end of the season, once Carver has had a chance to prove that he can pick the right teams and not rock the boat (cf: team he picked yday vs Leicester)

I obviously am not a Pardew fan - he's a fucking terrible manager for all the reasons pleno has mentioned, regardless of restrictions placed on the club by Fat Mike, but I don't see us improving the managerial situation and neither does Ashley. He saw the opportunity to get 2.5 million in (more than we spent on Perez and Sissoko combined, btw) - as well as saving himself 30k in wages every week, and took it, because it's purely business. As a result, it's an absolute million we pay any money to get any current working manager (maybe 100k tops, which ofc rules out almost every manager in the top divisions in Europe (and I probably include the top half of the championship as well).

Pleno is also correct that there are a lot of terrible teams in the league this year, so I don't know whether Pardew will save Palace or not. If he does, it won't be as a result of his skill or technical ability, he'll have fluked it.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: January 04, 2015, 07:15:44 PM »

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: January 04, 2015, 07:21:55 PM »

2 good bits of news this weekend then...

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: January 04, 2015, 07:26:26 PM »

2 good bits of news this weekend then...

could all have been so different. Idk whether it's exclusively that he's been managed poorly (which he undeniably has..) or the lad has problems of his own (v likely), but he should have been huge for us, bangs instead of whimpers. When he was on it he was absolutely different gravy, but those days so so few and far between.

maybe he'll sort his head out at Nice.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: January 04, 2015, 07:43:31 PM »

you know what tilts me more than mindless trolling by kmac ITT.

, he'll have fluked it.

You call it trolling I call it reality.  Provincial club with a huge local fan base is all you are. 

You don't fluke keeping clubs in the league.  You may get lucky on occasion but its virtually impossible to fluke keeping a club up. 

Good result for Palace today. 
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: January 04, 2015, 07:47:23 PM »

You cannot view the message from member "Kmac84" because he/she is on your blocked list.

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: