blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:19:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345722 times)
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: May 24, 2009, 02:43:11 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

good luck ;-)
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 24, 2009, 09:22:47 AM »

Good luck. May the best teams stay up.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: May 24, 2009, 10:23:34 AM »

What a horrible day. I feel sick. I was at a wedding with a 12 hour free bar yesterday, but I think its more to do with the realisation that we have taken 12 points from 54 away from home all season. We are now needing to add 25% to that in one game - pretty unlikely.

I think Villa will just do a job on us. We have no left back (or they might play Enrique who will then come off injured), we have no right back, and we have two centre backs who clearly cant play together at sunday morning park football level. With a lump of luck, and some clinical chance taking (ie scoring from both the chances we create) then we may get a draw and be hoping for Man U to come through.

Ideal scenario for Man U to score early, then dominate like their undoubted massively higher class should (whichever 11 from that squad), grab a second before half time and play that out. That should provide our team of waste of spaces (majority of them) wiith the motivation and hope to battle hard enough, be strong enough and play well enough to get what we need.

One time. Please.

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: May 24, 2009, 10:29:15 AM »

And for what its worth...

I dont think football owes Newcastle United anything. I dont think we have a devine right to be in the premier league. I dont think we are the biggest club in the country. I dont expect to win trophies. I dont think 'we' need taking down a peg or two.

I do think I am owed by highly paid players. I do think I should be able to watch my team play PL football. I do think we are the most important and biggest club that I have any concerns about. I do expect us to compete in every game we play.

I think 95% of NUFC fans would feel similarly.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 24, 2009, 12:25:48 PM »

Seriously I hope the barcodes stay up for no other reason than YOU care ...

Good luck.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 24, 2009, 12:30:08 PM »

Seriously I hope the barcodes stay up for no other reason than YOU care ...

Good luck.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 24, 2009, 12:35:35 PM »

Good posts rooks,will be one of best days of my life if we pull this off.I just cant see it happening tho,one time you black and white b******s
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: May 24, 2009, 06:13:43 PM »

Well at least they didn't give us any false hope by actualy ever looking like we were going to give it a go and stay up, other than the 13 minutes when yet again every other team did the business for us but we couldn't do it.

This is a more important summer than any other.   

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 24, 2009, 06:18:39 PM »

You must be fkin gutted, How can you explain the fact that they needed to score yet created fuck all for 90 minutes ... I feel for you and hope you get sorted in the summer and get straight back up ... but jesus, that team needs completely stripping bare and a total rebuild is needed.

Football hurts genuine fans more than it can ever hurt players.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 24, 2009, 06:19:12 PM »

Abs devastated what a joke,no heart,no fight,no battle,no commitment absolute fkn disgrace and a hope not one of them puts a black and white top on next season.

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: May 24, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »

I think we created more chances today than for weeks. They were all early on to go into the lead, even though we were being dominated. Second half there was absolutely nothing there. I can't explain that. The summer should be a real test of honour of the players that have taken us down. Those who want to stay and fight should take a huge volentary pay cut across the board. Those who won't should be shipped out, for free if necessary. 

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 24, 2009, 06:34:15 PM »

what do you think will happen to Michael Owen? Will he stay at Newcastle? Amazing turn around in his career.He's now an England outcast when it look certain he would become top goalscorer/most capped player and now relegated.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 24, 2009, 06:36:20 PM »

I think we created more chances today than for weeks. They were all early on to go into the lead, even though we were being dominated. Second half there was absolutely nothing there. I can't explain that. The summer should be a real test of honour of the players that have taken us down. Those who want to stay and fight should take a huge volentary pay cut across the board. Those who won't should be shipped out, for free if necessary. 

Who would you even want to stay;I can't think of many obviously martins is away and since all he does is smash the ball and hope for the best then let him go ,well played on the sitter missed in the 1st half .Owen obv away,bassong said he's going harper is shit enrique will leave apart from them a don't want anyone else to stay taylor's a knob FACT!!!,beye deserves better he's entitled to leave everyone else in the squad is a joke and would struggle in the championship
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 24, 2009, 06:37:02 PM »

what do you think will happen to Michael Owen? Will he stay at Newcastle? Amazing turn around in his career.He's now an England outcast when it look certain he would become top goalscorer/most capped player and now relegated.

He doesn't give a shit,DIAGF for all a care
brummieboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: May 24, 2009, 08:13:53 PM »

For a side staring relegation in the face I can't believe how little fight they put up especially in the second half when they must have known Hull was loosing.
Villa were poor and let in so many late goals at home that I can't believe Newcastle didn't throw the kitchen sink at us.
They need an overhaul but hopefully they can treat this as a fresh start and come back stronger.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: