blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:38:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  ******Official person to person transfer thread*******(Please read the OP)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ******Official person to person transfer thread*******(Please read the OP)  (Read 156694 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2008, 04:25:53 PM »

I have been given permission by those in charge to start this. As i think it would be easier to have all requests in one thread.

Blonde are in no way responsible if you get scammed, let the buyer beware! There are many steps you can take to prevent this happening, which are outlined below, most of which are common sense.

* Check the persons posting history on blonde.
* Ask for references from people who know the person or have previous succesful transfers with them.
* Check sharkscope/opr stats, a record of winning online is a good sign.
* Ask the person to sit with their bankroll on a dead table.
* PM a mod or myself for any background on the person.
* Trade in increments to reduce risk.
* If they refuse to do any of this, refuse to send first.

If you are unfortunate enough to get scammed, pm me and i will organise a blacklist with blonde user names (they may well get banned as a result) and poker sites sn's. If people would be kind enough to pm with any info from past transfers gone wrong and I will get to work on that.

Myself and Royal Flush are happy to act as middle men if an escrow is required between traders.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 11:27:05 PM by Longy » Logged
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 04:30:40 PM »

Good work Longy, presume the mods will sticky this to keep it afloat at the top...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 04:31:31 PM »

thanks Longy

Henceforth the mods will move money swap threads into this thread.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 04:37:43 PM »

while I understand the reasoning behind this thread I'm not sure it'll work.

let's say I've got $100 on stars I want to swap for $100 on tilt. what would happen in the past is I'd start a thread with that in the title and someone would see it and do me a favour.

now I have to post on here and most people won't see it so unless someone comes on this thread wanting the exact same swap in reverse I'm gonna be out of luck

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 04:39:38 PM »

In time people who are swappers will learn to check on this thread for whats "live" and make their own request.

My eyes are open wide
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 04:42:23 PM »

In time people who are swappers will learn to check on this thread for whats "live" and make their own request.

yes, but...

most transfers are regular posters wanting a small amount to play a specific event on a site. they usually need to be done fairly quickly and are usually sorted by another reg spotting the thread and doing them a favour. that just won't happen if they now have to post here instead, they're not going to get the passing trade so to speak do them a favour

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 04:43:08 PM »

yes, but...

most transfers are regular posters wanting a small amount to play a specific event on a site. they usually need to be done fairly quickly and are usually sorted by another reg spotting the thread and doing them a favour. that just won't happen if they now have to post here instead, they're not going to get the passing trade so to speak do them a favour

just send a pm to someone you know....

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 04:45:29 PM »

yes, but...

Understood

we'll see how it goes.

My eyes are open wide
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 04:47:38 PM »

Is it possible (in that case) to let the post of a reg stay for a few (say 20 - 30 minutes) while they get sorted, then move the lot to here?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 04:48:06 PM »

yes, but...

Hmmm i see your point but i am not convinced that will happen, there are precedents for this type of thread on other fora which have worked just fine. The only problem you will have is if people don't check this thread, as tighty says though if it doesn't work c'est la vie and we will go back to the old method.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 04:50:25 PM »

All it needs is for people to edit their request posts after the transaction has been sorted, to add the line "Transaction Complete".

That way its easy to see whats live and whats done and dusted.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 04:51:19 PM »

any chance it could be stickied on the rail rather than in internet poker - more passing traffic etc.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 04:52:10 PM »

any chance it could be stickied on the rail rather than in internet poker - more passing traffic etc.

Its an Internet Poker subject......lets try it here and see how it goes

My eyes are open wide
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 04:58:41 PM »

Would it not be a good idea to use a middle man in these situations as an escrow? I am of course talking about dealing with unknowns rather than the people we trust.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 05:00:39 PM »

Would it not be a good idea to use a middle man in these situations as an escrow? I am of course talking about dealing with unknowns rather than the people we trust.

Possibly, if there was a) anyone willing and b) an increase in "unknowns" requesting swaps

My eyes are open wide
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: