blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:38:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Simon Trumper GUKPT £3150 Grand Final at The Vic
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Simon Trumper GUKPT £3150 Grand Final at The Vic  (Read 13592 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2008, 03:30:44 AM »

yeah i suppose the trick in poker and money related issues is to keep friends and business seperate if your soul aim is to make money. I like simon and what he stands for so will be wishing him on. id sooner 'stake' someone else tho if i was purely looking for an investment. However when investing id rather pick someone i knew rather than someone i didn't as ive heard a lot of staking gone wrong stories.

As you correctly identify, my aim is not solely to make money - but by sheer chance, I keep getting lucky. Friends who wanted a bit of backing at just the right time, I was always happy to help, but they have to be close friends, who I trust, & I get as much pleasure as they do, win or lose, & I'm not fussed about profit. But I've backed, I dunno, maybe 5 players "seriously", of which three have earned me net profits into 5 figures. Yup, I run good.

I've been delighted with my little stake in Simon, it's given me enormous pleasure, I'm almost feeling part of the Circuit again, & I know Simon won't go down without giving his very best, & I much respect his game, his demeanour, & achievements. On top of which, he keeps us all updated, Tourney Reports well & promptly delivered, & we know he will not do a runner with our dosh. Like any of us, he needs a little luck, but if he gets chips, he won't sacrifice them easily, or squander them, believe me.

yeah i do like how he keeps backers up to date, with the well written reports. might get involved through flushy now lol

Lol, too!

I can hardly wish you good luck, though, because that'd be wishing Simon loses......

I'm sure you & I will both be more than happy with our respective stances - how's that for diplomacy?

Rick was saying he might get involved with FLushy.. Meaning he may take flushy on and back Simon.

Oh, I see. I thought Rick said he would not like to back Simon,, ("id sooner 'stake' someone else tho if i was purely looking for an investment".), apologies if I got it round my neck.

I truly don't understand - at all - this laying lark, or do the "exchanges". I'm an old-fashioned "bet to win, with a bookie" kinda chap.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2008, 03:32:39 AM »

i wouldnt back him for big stakes but i may have 2% you put it in flushys eye if we wins. will give me something to root on as i probably wont be playing this.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 03:40:18 AM »

i wouldnt back him for big stakes but i may have 2% you put it in flushys eye if we wins. will give me something to root on as i probably wont be playing this.

In which case, err, good luck!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2008, 03:43:53 AM »

I won't be laying Simon i am afraid, the reason is not that its a bad lay (@1.5 i think its a great lay) its for the reasons Tikay mentioned that i would be rooting on Simon to lose and given that i like Simon and get on with him i won't be doing that!

I have in the past laid players but its always been people i don't really like.

I wish the stakers and Simon the best of luck!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2008, 04:05:54 AM »

I won't be laying Simon i am afraid, the reason is not that its a bad lay (@1.5 i think its a great lay) its for the reasons Tikay mentioned that i would be rooting on Simon to lose and given that i like Simon and get on with him i won't be doing that!

I have in the past laid players but its always been people i don't really like.

I wish the stakers and Simon the best of luck!

I'm really pleased to hear that - top man.

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2008, 02:22:06 PM »

Sold Out

The shareholders are the following

Evilpie ( Matt ) - 20%  Paid

Simon Nowab - 10%

Julian Thew - 10% Paid

Stuart Hopkins - 5% Paid

Tony Minnis - 5% Paid

Maklini32 - 3% Paid

Tikay - 2% Paid

Micko - 2% Paid

Scott - 1% Paid

Redsimon - 1% Paid

Hairydude - 1% Paid

Cheers

ACES
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 03:14:27 AM by ACES » Logged

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2008, 04:55:03 PM »

Sold Out

The shareholders are the following

Evilpie ( Matt ) - 25%

Simon Nowab - 10%

Julian Thew - 10%

Tony Minnis - 5%

Maklini32 - 3%

Tikay - 2%

Micko - 2%

Scott - 1%

Redsimon - 1% Paid

Hairydude - 1%

Cheers

ACES

glglgl Simon

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2008, 09:50:01 PM »

GL Simon- Mind keep us all updated!!!

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
ScottMGee

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2008, 10:00:31 AM »

GL Simon
LOJ

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2008, 01:42:59 PM »

GL Simon
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2008, 07:21:46 PM »

Unlucky Simon a real sick hand to bust on!

GG
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2008, 09:57:56 AM »

Ul Simon-tough spot

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2008, 09:14:53 PM »

Sorry for the delay in posting .

Thewy and i travelled down on the 10.30am from Nottingham and were both out in time to catch the 4.30pm back !

My table had Alli Mallu and Flushy who seemed to be determined to take each other on.

During the first 30 minutes Flushy was very passive but suddenly went from folding every hand to raising or calling to see every flop.

I had been ducking in and out of pots sizing up the table , losing 1250 to a well played pair of KK but soon getting it back with a flopped flush.

I had JJ which i raised with only to see a K high flop all diamonds then a few hands later Thewy who was to my right on the next table was knocked out after only 30 minutes as i flopped trip J , i bet out getting 2 callers , a blank fell on the turn and i decided to give a free card as i suspected one was on a flush draw and Ali was slow playing a J which could have my JT outkicked.

River brought a flush and Alli and i checked and the button bet out , Ali called and i folded , the button had the nut flush and Ali a J.

Meanwhile Flushy played an unusual pot in the blinds v Ali ( he had position ) by the river there were multiple straights and Flushy overbet and was called by Ali , Flushy won with 64 for two pair.

Next he raised in EP and got one caller , flop was 4 6 8 with 2 clubs , there was a check and a call of Flushys bet , turn made the flush and this time Flushy got check raised and called , river the board paired and the opponent bet 6625 , Flushy called with 57 for the flopped straight ( remember he raised from EP )

Meanwhile we had already clashed when i limped with QQ and Ali called with Flushy raising to 600 , i reraised to 1750 and after thinking he called , flop was A high which neither of us liked and we checked to the river when Flushy bet out , i immediately flipped my QQ up saying i think he had me beat and he showed KK.

So that was the background to the final hand , i raised to 300 with JJ and as usual Ali and Flushy called , flop was J 9 2 with 2 clubs , checked to me i bet 700 and Flushy called , turn was the 7 of clubs and Flushy bet 3100 . I know he is good enough to bet a made flush but i also know he will bet with 2 pair or one pair with the nut flush draw / gutshot straight draw . I couldn't just call in this spot and having seen Flushy's range of hands i wasn't about to fold so i reraised all in for 9200 , he instacalled flipping KJ of clubs , the board didn't pair and that was it.

Thanks for the opportunity everyone , we had a great run with 3 finals from 5 and total cashes of £27,000  + £4000 last Sunday but this time it wasn't to be , i hope we can do some more next year.

Cheers

ACES

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: