blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:10:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Blackpool: Day 1A
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Blackpool: Day 1A  (Read 45813 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 04:37:42 PM »

Does Lawrence have a slower gear in these? time after time he gets big stacks and doesn't final almost as if he lacks the patience for them.

Professional hazard for a LAGgy chip amasser I suppose.

Set over set this early is a bigger benefit to him that most I would guess, he'll crush the weaker players for sure, but if he gets a couple of good players on his table who pick up a couple of hands against his relentless aggression, he might have some trouble.

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 04:53:45 PM »

gl Spinksy Middy

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 04:58:17 PM »

A lil something to kill time between hands...........

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2008, 05:02:23 PM »

Table of Looky-Likeys Discovered in the Far Right of Room:  Sadly they're only likeys of other poker players so less amusing to the world at large.  Still, I double took on Table 10:

1) Peter Kvisthammar

Thomas Bihl

2) Zachary Ford

Bo Sehlstedt

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 05:02:44 PM »

Interesting Ruling Time:

On the river of a Marc Goodwin says, "I bet the pot." The dealer tells him she can't count the pot for him so he bets 1,300 instead. They get a ruling where TD Ian declares if someone says "I bet the pot" the dealer can count it but no-one can ask specifically for a count of the pot.

Jen absolutely hates this ruling, because people should be able to keep track of their bets and there's no maximum you can bet other than all your chips.

In the hand itself, Goodwin is forced to bet the pot anyway, which is 1,050. He gets called, but shows to win.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2008, 05:04:58 PM »

Adam 'Clarkatroid' Clarke and John 'Johnes147' Eames, on the same table as Red Dog.

Both thrilled to be in Blackpool.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2008, 05:08:29 PM »

Alan Nesbitt limped preflop (blinds 75/150) and Ann Scambler made it 650 to go.  Trevor Reardon called, and it passed over to big blind Ken Wong, who moved all-in for 5,900.  Over to Nesbitt (pictured here with hands behind head).  Surprisingly, he was the one who took the longest to pass, counting down his chips, looking at his watch (bizarrely) and folding after a while, followed quickly by the others. 

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2008, 05:17:04 PM »

Tia Maria and Baileys?

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2008, 05:17:14 PM »

Ahhh.  That was most refreshing.  Ty.

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2008, 05:20:19 PM »

i agreee with the ruling to certain extent as saying "I bet the pot" is a specific declaration of a bet size.

what about if a player says "I bet 60% of the pot" or " half the pot" though? does the dealer have to count the pot and do the math (as some would struggle I reckon).

ariston

better lucky than good
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2008, 05:20:36 PM »

pic of tom middleton plz, preferably with 1 arm in the air and index finger pointing upwards.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2008, 05:22:34 PM »

Anthony Romanello is out, raising all-in with on a Two Clubs board but being looked up by David Jones' two spades which held on as another Romanello bit the dust.

Lawrence Gosney continues be involved in the big pots, first Ian Woodley pays him off for 2,000 on a with A-Q, Gosney flips . A short while later Gosney bets 2,500 on the river on a board, Dominic Rossookh makes the call and Gosney flashes the , Rossookh also shows a Jack, the , but his is with the which is good enough when the current chip leader mucks his hand.

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2008, 05:23:32 PM »

Anthony Romanello is out, raising all-in with on a Two Clubs board but being looked up by David Jones' two spades which held on as another Romanello bit the dust.

ship. il pretend that was me.
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2008, 05:28:30 PM »

pic of tom middleton plz, preferably with 1 arm in the air and index finger pointing upwards.

LOL this plz.

Also is Tom Cunningham playing the ME?

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2008, 05:33:32 PM »

Double through for Antony Kennedy, whose couldn't have been more in the nick of time as his stack had become most definitely short.  He'd got it all in against Des Jonas' , and the cameras hovered as a wound-up Kennedy rose from his seat, exhorting the deck to hold as the board came out three diamonds which unlikely combination left his full house higher and gave him a new lease of life.  It was the conversation between previous pot entrant Rana Gurnham and Des Jonas, however, which kept me at the side of the table - somewhere along the line Des had made a play which wasn't to Rana's liking.

"Desi...Desi..." he was saying, trying to get the attention of his erstwhile opponent... "Desi!  You are now the worst player on the table."
"That's because you don't understand maths," rejoindered Des, "If you could count to three..."

The TD came over with a seat card for Rana then - moving him away.  A final dig from Des, "That's why you always get Eighth.  And 28th..."
"Don't move me, I love it on here," lied Rana, before wishing everyone luck and saying, "Hope to see you later, Des."

Des Jonas:  Worst Player on the Table, Allegedly

Rana Gurnham:  Can't Count, Allegedly

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: