blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:38:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1a
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1a  (Read 57655 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2008, 10:08:46 PM »

I didn't see the very start of the hand, but I got there just in time to see Knut Ekvardt (not a typo) go all in for 12,850 more than whatever the bet was before. After some eying up and squinting, Chris Moorman called, and it was a non-traditional coinflip for a rather massive pot.

Ekvardt:
Moorman:

Board: Two Clubs

Nope, not a split as everyone briefly thought but a scoop for the Moomin and a swift exit for Knut.

Knut, in foreground, looking placid:

Knut sacked?

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: November 27, 2008, 10:09:56 PM »

Some fine luck for William Martin propels him up the chip runway and into the tournament sky on 70k.

He raised to 600 from the button and then called a reraise to 2.1k from Steve Jelinek in the small blind. Onwards to the flop.

Flop:

I must confess that my attention wandered elsewhere for a moment so I didn't see who bet and who called, but some chips went in. Then the turn.

Turn:

Jelinek checked, and then called 2.5k from Martin.

River:

Again, Jelinek checked, and this time Martin bet 5k. Jelinek dwelled up for some time, staring at the ceiling. Eventually he made a decision and threw the yellow 5k chip in. "I'm just calling for the value,"he said, and turned over . Martin, however, turned over to take down the sizeable pot.

Jelinek: 20k
Martin: 70k
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2008, 10:10:54 PM »

Knut sacked?

You're not having any money for that.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2008, 10:21:27 PM »

Harsh Loss for Goodwin:

Marc Goodwin just busted in eyewatering fashion (not for the first time in one of these) to James Akenhead - having dwindled to the point where an preflop over-the-top shove was a definite option, Goodwin did it with the goods:  .  Akenhead thought for a while before making the call with .

Flop:
Turn: Two Diamonds  Raab was taping it all, the press drew close...
River:

James Akenhead rakes in Goodwin's stack while his opponent wraps up his ipod looking world weary and exits. 
"Oi!" says Marc in the direction of Akenhead who is staring at the table.
"Oi!  F**ing Jack on the river!" he reminds him with a wry smile and wanders off.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2008, 10:26:46 PM »

Doing better:

William Martin changing ipod, I imagine to something less depressing - 63,000

Robin Keston - 52,000.  Your name's not down, you're not coming in.  (Dana as backup).

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2008, 10:34:57 PM »

That dreadful picture of me you got? That's how I've been feeling ALL DAY. Imagine.
Amy Winehouse

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2008, 10:38:58 PM »

That dreadful picture of me you got? That's how I've been feeling ALL DAY. Imagine.

You want to try and spend a day in my shoes
Benjo

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2008, 10:40:20 PM »

Good updates !

If a race situation happens, I'm available for strategic analysis.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2008, 10:40:51 PM »

Just moments after knocking out Marc Goodwin (who looked as though he was leaving, but came back a minute later to play Chinese poker at the next table and tell anyone who'd listen about his bad beat), James Akenhead suffered a bit of a setback at the hands of salmon-shirted Long Zhang.

Zhang made it 2.8k from the hijack and Akenhead flat-called in the cutoff. A flop!

The flop: two spades

Zhang bet out 6k but Akenhead made it 16k total. Zhang covered his entire face with his hands for a bit, and then called.

Turn:

More face-covering, but ultimately a check each.

River:

Now Zhang thought for a moment, and then very quietly announced all in, easily covering Akenhead. Face-clamping followed from Zhang, as Akenhead pondered whether to call all in. Eventually he decided against it, and left himself with 27k.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2008, 10:45:59 PM »

Trying For a Double Up This Level

or

At Least Getting All Their Chips In

1) Stuart "The Hat" Rutter.

He pushed all in on the turn of a board, and although Sam Trickett squirmed and made faces for quite a long time, eventually he just passed.

2) Praz "Runs So Bad" Bansi

Down to just 14k, he sighed and attempted an open-shove from the button. Both Ben Vinson in the small blind and Richard Gryko in the big briefly in turn looked as though they might be interested but eventually laid it down and allowed a pleased-looking Praz to make off with their blinds.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2008, 10:47:01 PM »

How high are the heels? How high are you? Do they have crack in them?
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2008, 10:51:58 PM »

An unlucky early night for Andreas Johnsson after he got his cowboys cracked (no awful Midnight Cowboy type scenarios implied, though Amy Winehouse is making my brain twist up all funny).

He raised from the cutoff only for Paul Jackson to reraise him from the button. When Johnsson pushed, Jackson merely sighed, "Oh dear," before making the smallish call.

Jackson:
Johnsson:

Board: Two Clubs

Commiseratory sorts of sounds from Johnsson's tablemates as he heads for the door, or possibly the bar; either way, he is out.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 10:54:20 PM by danafish » Logged
Amy Winehouse

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2008, 10:54:21 PM »

How high are the heels? How high are you? Do they have crack in them?

I lost my shoes earlier - not sure where. I'm relatively high. I WISH!!!!!

Moorman update please lovely folks
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2008, 10:55:57 PM »

Two Times!

The river runs hot for James Akenhead in the early part of level Eight... he's on the immediate left of Long Zhang who just keeps increasing his stack - except for these situations.  Zhang is raising to 2,400 preflop pretty regularly, but just as regularly Akenhead is flatting and seeing what happens.  Must be annoying, especially, say, if you check all the way down until the board comes and then check-call Akenhead's river 6,000 only to be shown three clubs .

Or when you are similarly cagey, raising pre, making one bet and then checking out a board of , betting 2,400 on the river having in all probability slowplayed something fairly nice, getting raised to 10k and making the call, seeing Akenhead's for another rivered house.  The picture says it all.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 27, 2008, 11:04:26 PM »

How many sets has Akenhead rivered today? Jeez!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: