blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:02:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1a
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1a  (Read 57635 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: November 27, 2008, 11:09:32 PM »

Just to hark back a moment to the earlier dispute concerning Haircut Of The Day.

Davood Mehrmand's hair clearly has the edge. His hair is so well cultivated that it has grown an intelligence and life force of its own.

Tired of merely sitting atop Davood's head, it wants to break out and start off its own fledgling poker career. It plans to carve out a bankroll by playing small freerolls, perhaps supplementing its income by working as a wig or a stand in double for David Hasselhoff's chest hair for a while.

Then one day, after making a success as a poker player, it wants to have a small family of its very own and settle down.

So many plans, so little time!

First though it has to escape Davood, and it's proven harder than you'd think. Here it is making a break for freedom, unsuccessfully this time...

Fly Davood's hair, Fly!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 27, 2008, 11:15:10 PM »

top updates cat & co

sola virtus nobilitat
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: November 27, 2008, 11:16:55 PM »

The Continuing Saga of James the Akenhead

A story for children young and old.

When I wandered over, Akenhead was right back up to almost 60k after all of that stuff that Jen said, plus I saw him rake in a nice pot when he turned over A-T on the river of an ace-high board and Panicos Ellinas just mucked.

So, on around 60k, he found himself in a hand. I believe that Long Zhang had raised from the cutoff and Akenhead had called from the button, when David Lloyd pushed all in from the small blind for another 18k or so. Zhang passed but Akenhead counted out the call, and they were on their backs.

Lloyd:
Akenhead:
Zhang: "Oh no, I was ahead!"

Board: three clubs

Thus we lose Mr David Lloyd, and James Akenhead has just pipped his neighbour Long Zhang to take the chip lead.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: November 27, 2008, 11:18:00 PM »

Last level of the night is underway. Pray for us.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 27, 2008, 11:18:14 PM »

top updates snoops

fyp

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 27, 2008, 11:18:51 PM »

In the closing moments of Level Eight, Steve Jelinek busts in one of the biggest ...

Having earlier in the level doubled through with AA vs QQ aip, he had a pretty healthy 45k or so when he got involved with an early position raising Tony Cascarino.  It all went in preflop, Jelinek holding A-K off and Cascarino's making a set by the river for good measure.  The fact that Jelinek was eliminated says something about Cascarino's stack - he's got to be the last minute chip leader thanks to that boost of chips. 

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 27, 2008, 11:24:43 PM »

Great updates guys

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
DrPauly
Probation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: November 27, 2008, 11:29:42 PM »

Dude, that's freaky.

Some of you may be aware of The Tao of Poker blog, written by Dr Pauly. His blog and other journalist work has made him famous but what some of you might not realise is he has a twin brother, albeit a slightly more inflated version of him.

Here they are in all their glory.

Pauly.

Click to see full-size image.

Inflated Pauly.

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: November 27, 2008, 11:43:12 PM »

orite?

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2008, 11:45:35 PM »

In the closing moments of Level Eight, Steve Jelinek busts in one of the biggest ...

Having earlier in the level doubled through with AA vs QQ aip, he had a pretty healthy 45k or so when he got involved with an early position raising Tony Cascarino.  It all went in preflop, Jelinek holding A-K off and Cascarino's making a set by the river for good measure.  The fact that Jelinek was eliminated says something about Cascarino's stack - he's got to be the last minute chip leader thanks to that boost of chips. 

Yes Tony Cascarino is vying for the lead with James Akenhead, who has around 90kish.

Cascarino may just have him by a whisker though with 93,000 at the break following level 8.

Moorman I hear you say Ms Winehouse?

Well, he currently has 50,000 though he's not 100% happy with his lot.

"I should have a lot more but I lost a race...standard" he tells me. "You can tell it's live because I lose races!"

Other counts:-

Dan Carter - 42k
Stu Rutter - 30k.

Stu has been amazed at how hard his table has been, packed with quality players.

"It's been so tough! Just as the small bit of value of the table gets busted, along come Surinder Sunar and Richard Gryko and Ben Vinson. Neverends!"

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: November 27, 2008, 11:46:16 PM »

Iwan Jones is OUT, the victim of the legend that is Mclovin.

He openshoved from the small blind for 12,675 and his was well ahead when Mclovin called with , but oh, the cruelty.

Board:

And Gary is Mclovin' that, because he makes a straight and Jones bangs the table in frustration before wandering off.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: November 27, 2008, 11:48:26 PM »

The Clarkatroid had better charge up his rocket boosters because he's on just 11,675 and apparently open-shoving almost every other hand. No callers yet, but it's bound to happen if he carries on like that.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 27, 2008, 11:48:33 PM »

Praz Bansi Busts - after four limpers on his big blind, critically-stacked Praz made the move, all in preflop.  The first limper, utg Kim Wittendorf, reraised all in over the top and flipped vs. Bansi's two hearts flop, then a flushy , but the river sent him to the rail in 32nd place (of Day 1a, which means not much, actually). 

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 27, 2008, 11:49:07 PM »

Zhang by the way is the most popular surname in the world. FACT i think

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: November 27, 2008, 11:51:13 PM »

No sooner than Mclovin had knocked out Iwan Jones, he lost all those chips back and more at the hands of sometime chip leader James Akenhead.

I just caught the very end of the hand, but it was enough to see Mclovin bet out 5.5k with the board reading two spades . Akenhead made it 12k and Mclovin appeared to make some brief mental calculations before calling -- and mucking when Akenhead turned over for his one millionth set today (approximate set count only).
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: