blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:33:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Anniversary Cup Staking Required
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anniversary Cup Staking Required  (Read 10791 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 02:41:27 AM »

Good luck, Ralph. Hope you do well.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 05:42:00 AM »

It's all getting confusing now!

If there is a chunk left still can i take 10% plz!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 10:16:48 AM »

Thanks to all of the stakers both on the thread and by PM and thanks for the good luck wishes too.

I will put up a "blow by blow" account of the tourney hopefully much later Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 10:25:49 AM »

GL Ralphy baby.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 01:20:04 PM »

GL Ralphy baby.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Bigfella

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 07:57:50 PM »

gl Ralph
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 09:18:15 PM »

gl Ralph

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 09:43:39 PM »

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 02:37:41 PM »

Gl Ralph, wouldve had 10% if Id seen this earlier

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 01:49:06 AM »

I'm quite a bit gutted really after putting in a solid shift of nearly eleven hours with little or no cards or situations to play with but having managed to survive with a still very playable stack of 22k starting the final level it all seemed to happen so suddenly.

First of all on a board of A 2 3 6 I bet 3k into a multi-way pot of around 5k holding AT on the button when it was checked to me and firstly Javed and then Howard made what seemed like reluctant calls ! The 4 on the river caused everyone to check and Howard produces pocket 44 which he has only called with on the turn because Javed's call had priced him in.

The very next hand I find AA in the cutoff and Nick Hicks raises 3xBB to 1200(200/400/50) and I now RR to 3k which Javed naturally calls Smiley whereupon Nick makes it 10k. I give it a slight dwell hoping to encourage Javed and shove for 16500 total. Javed folds and Nick calls tabling KK which spiked another K on the flop and that I'm afraid is all she wrote.

I can only thank everyone who staked me and say in all honesty that I gave it my very best effort.

There is one other thing that I wish to say and that is....BUGGER !

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 03:57:23 AM »

Nothing you could do about the exit, just bad luck.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2008, 12:59:37 PM »

Ralph,

I've just realised, (been reminded!) I forgot to pay you my 10% last night, oops!

I'll cough up tonight, if you come across for the £100, & I'll also give you Compo's 10%, too, as you don't bump into him very often, & I'll get it off Compo when I see him at Luton or Feltham next week.

I had a major "settling up" session at DTD on Friday, with Mother Hen, Stu Hopkin, Evil Pie, Maureen, & Tom, & I settled Tighty last night, I think I eventually ended up about £130 up!

See you tonight, I hope, & apologies for forgetting it last night.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2008, 04:16:42 PM »

Ralph,

I've just realised, (been reminded!) I forgot to pay you my 10% last night, oops!

I'll cough up tonight, if you come across for the £100, & I'll also give you Compo's 10%, too, as you don't bump into him very often, & I'll get it off Compo when I see him at Luton or Feltham next week.

I had a major "settling up" session at DTD on Friday, with Mother Hen, Stu Hopkin, Evil Pie, Maureen, & Tom, & I settled Tighty last night, I think I eventually ended up about £130 up!

Shit neither did i, Tikay can you sort Ralp for me as well please.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2008, 11:29:19 AM »

Ralph,

Shit neither did i, Tikay can you sort Ralp for me as well please.

If I'd have known yesterday, I would have!

Tell me how much it is, & I'll settle Ralph up, either directly, or via Tom. (As I did last night). Then you & me can settle up when we next cross paths, as I see you more often than Ralph does. I run so bad.....

I saw you were going well in Bristol, but I've been Offline since - did you win, or spew?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008, 11:53:45 AM »

I'm quite a bit gutted really after putting in a solid shift of nearly eleven hours with little or no cards or situations to play with but having managed to survive with a still very playable stack of 22k starting the final level it all seemed to happen so suddenly.

First of all on a board of A 2 3 6 I bet 3k into a multi-way pot of around 5k holding AT on the button when it was checked to me and firstly Javed and then Howard made what seemed like reluctant calls ! The 4 on the river caused everyone to check and Howard produces pocket 44 which he has only called with on the turn because Javed's call had priced him in.

The very next hand I find AA in the cutoff and Nick Hicks raises 3xBB to 1200(200/400/50) and I now RR to 3k which Javed naturally calls Smiley whereupon Nick makes it 10k. I give it a slight dwell hoping to encourage Javed and shove for 16500 total. Javed folds and Nick calls tabling KK which spiked another K on the flop and that I'm afraid is all she wrote.

I can only thank everyone who staked me and say in all honesty that I gave it my very best effort.

There is one other thing that I wish to say and that is....BUGGER !

sounds like a right bummer tbh - perfect strategy in these marathon tourneys imho - protect starting stack until +++EV opportunity for double up presents itself. which you did. I can well imagine being gutted about it.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: