blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:37:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Anniversary Cup Staking Required
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anniversary Cup Staking Required  (Read 10803 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2008, 11:33:26 AM »

£1000+60 is more than my bankroll currently permits me to lay out on one tournament, but I do feel that the slow structure and deep starting stack is taylor-made for a grinder like me, and it is looking as though the prizepool will be huge, hence this proposition.

I do have some decent NLH form in £300/£500 events winning a £300+1R in Gala Nottm. a couple of years ago and a couple of final tables in the Walsall £300, but as far as live poker goes I have mainly just played in the DTD £300 over the past year without managing to cash, so obviously I'm well overdue. Smiley

What I am proposing is selling six 10% slices for £106 on a 70%/30% split of any profit in the staker's favour.

Hopefully there will be enough interest or any monies will be returned.

Flame away 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 11:42:57 AM »

Hi Ralph,

I'd like 10% please, if you don't mind.

I can give you the Cash next week, at DTD, on Friday or Saturday, if that's OK with you.

I can't play the Event as I am committed to do some stuff on both Thursday & Sunday, so I'd love to have some interest in this amazing Tourney.

Oh, I've not forgotten I owe you a reply to your PM - sorry, I'll try & do it today.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 01:11:05 PM »

10% for me please Ralph.

The older I get, the better I was.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 01:49:11 PM »

What I am proposing is selling six 10% slices for £106 on a 70%/30% split of any profit in the staker's favour.

don't know if I'm reading this right but are you saying you're going to pay 40% of the buyin yourself yet you're giving away 70% of the profit?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 02:11:20 PM »

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 02:31:59 PM »

Hi Ralph

If buying a slice of you at 10% means getting only 70% of the profit that slice generates, then you're actually only selling 7% slices for £106, meaning you're selling at 1.42 (I think - someone can check my maths and correct if I'm wrong)

Also, could you clarify if the money returned to stakers is based on profit or winnings - ie if you cash for £2000, does the staker get 70% of 10% of £2000 or 70% of 10% of £940 (the profit). I assume the former and that you actually meant winnings, rather than profit, as that is more standard when buying slices, as opposed to staking someone fully (putting up 100% of the buyin).

Maybe we need some sort of standard template post for staking requests, as each one is worded differently and it takes a bit of working out what the deal is with each one.
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 03:01:42 PM »

Hi Ralph

If buying a slice of you at 10% means getting only 70% of the profit that slice generates, then you're actually only selling 7% slices for £106, meaning you're selling at 1.42 (I think - someone can check my maths and correct if I'm wrong)

Also, could you clarify if the money returned to stakers is based on profit or winnings - ie if you cash for £2000, does the staker get 70% of 10% of £2000 or 70% of 10% of £940 (the profit). I assume the former and that you actually meant winnings, rather than profit, as that is more standard when buying slices, as opposed to staking someone fully (putting up 100% of the buyin).

Maybe we need some sort of standard template post for staking requests, as each one is worded differently and it takes a bit of working out what the deal is with each one.

great idea andrew

Compo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 03:12:07 PM »

10% if you play in a Spurs shirt.

only joking. I'll take 10% if you trust me until i see you or i can arrange a transfer if you prefer.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 03:50:28 PM »

Ralph,

A somewhat dejected Thewy just called me, fresh from a very early exit at The Vic.

He'd heard about this Thread while at The Vic (someone's i-Phone?) , but can't get Online right now, so will you save a bit for him, please? - he'll be Online as soon as he can to confirm.

Thanks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 04:16:24 PM »

don't know if I'm reading this right but are you saying you're going to pay 40% of the buyin yourself yet you're giving away 70% of the profit?

he gets 30% then another 40% of the 70%. as in theory he is one of the stakers.

gl with it Ralph.  Will be down for the 300 on friday i think, see you there.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 06:38:09 PM »

Hi Ralph

Sorry for any ambiguity but I've not done this before.

If I were to cash for £10K a 10%(£106) staker would receive £700 back.

45% has been taken up to now, so 15% still up for grabs.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 07:48:54 PM »

Hi Ralph

Sorry for any ambiguity but I've not done this before.

If I were to cash for £10K a 10%(£106) staker would receive £700 back.

45% has been taken up to now, so 15% still up for grabs.

cheers ralph. I actually thought you were ripping yourself off the way I read the op, clearer now. good luck with this

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 09:54:02 AM »

Ill take the last 15% ralph out my adt winnings  Wink

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 10:14:20 AM »

Thanks guys, that's me sold out then if Thewy takes the 10% that I have reserved for him.

julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 10:18:17 PM »

hey ralph,
yeah i'll take 10 if ur happy to put it on the slate!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: