blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:12:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1b
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1b  (Read 53062 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:17:15 PM »

We're back!

Day 1a provided a veritable feast of poker that saw online legend Chris Moorman ascend to the summit of the leaderboard by the end of the day and football legend and recent GUKPT Luton winner Tony Cascarino lurking not too far behind.

Fireworks aplenty are expected today too. Numbers are unconfirmed as yet. There are 70 pre-registered to turn up and with last minute registrations thrown into the mix, we could see this rise to over 100.

With the prize pool swelling attractively, we can't wait to see who will join the current throng at the top as another classic GUKPT run-in beckons. With thrills, spills, big hands, outdraws, anguish, joy and pwnage promised, we intend to bring every twist and turn on the road to crown the GUKPT GF champion.

Not forgetting Dana's unique "Of The Days" of course!

Glory and riches beckon...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 01:52:52 PM »

Timeliness is the watchword (see what I did there?) and we expect cards to be in the air in less than ten minutes, although not all seats will have players in them yet.  The weather is truly dreadful, and there's honestly nothing better to do so come on players with a little spare cash - you can still get here in time to buy in!  You could even get here from Paris if you took the Eurostar in 20 minutes.  Last chance for a GUKPT title...

AgentChip109

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 02:00:36 PM »

Timeliness is the watchword (see what I did there?) and we expect cards to be in the air in less than ten minutes, although not all seats will have players in them yet.  The weather is truly dreadful, and there's honestly nothing better to do so come on players with a little spare cash - you can still get here in time to buy in!  You could even get here from Paris if you took the Eurostar in 20 minutes.  Last chance for a GUKPT title...

i am tempted lol. 10minutes down the road bored at work. may come for a spin up on the roulette and take the comp down whoooooooo

Edgy811 - Party, Full Tilt, Pokerstars
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 02:03:04 PM »

H0w many entrants?

anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 02:39:56 PM »

Thew crippled by duthies 10-3

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 02:41:20 PM »

already?!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 02:44:26 PM »

The £3k buy-in has attracted the creme of the English and Irish pros and there are some juicy tables out there.

The first table greeting us as we made the circuitous journey from the Vic Press Room was that containing double GUKPT-winner Julian Thew, Liam "The Gentleman" Flood, Stuart "Foxy" Fox and EPT Supremo John Duthie, who has put no less than 7 people on AQ or pocket Tens so far.

Not to be outdone, their neighbouring table has a ring of star quality to it boasting such players as seasoned pro "Maltese" Joe Grech, Simon "Aces" Trumper, Ali "Any Two" Mallu, Rob Garfield.

Only James "Flushy" Dempsey, fresh from an unsuccessful tilt at the CPC is letting the table down in terms of celebrity. I jest of course. It's been quite a year for Flushy so far and if he can translate some of his online form into live success, he will be a threat for the title.

Already two of the players on this table have clashed. More on this shortly...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 02:47:26 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 02:47:44 PM »

already?!

well 75% of stack

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 02:47:50 PM »

Thew crippled by duthies 10-3

Yes, I'm not sure what happened in the early stages of that hand, but I got there in time to see Duthie all in and Julian calling, the board reading .

Duthie: three diamonds
Thewy:

Like I said, not sure how this came to pass, but that's how it ended up. Duthie had somehow dropped down to around 8k before that hand, though, so he's now on 16k while Julian is not quite crippled exactly but definitely down, on around 6.5k.

The Duthster:

What Julian thinks of all this:

Click to see full-size image.

Said tablemate Liam Flood: "Thanks Julian, for looking after my friend..."

Before fully thawing out from coldpack:

« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 02:54:02 PM by danafish » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 02:48:33 PM »

H0w many entrants?

92 today; 87 yesterday.

That's .........179!

anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 02:51:22 PM »

177k FTW then? juicy prizepool

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 02:51:39 PM »

already?!

Dana was on hand during this early excitement, but before they'd even got going I snapped tablemates Liam Flood, Stuart Fox (here giving his autograph to some guy on the rail) and Julian Thew, all smiles and relaxation. 

In fact, the atmosphere today seems a lot less glum - check out Nick Jenkins and Marty Smith giggling like schoolgirls after just 10 minutes' play.  Everywhere emotions are being freely expressed, while chips cautiously enter pots with few showdowns. 

Ketul Nathwani eyes AllinStevie's iphone with poorly hidden envy.

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 02:55:44 PM »

Please pass on best wishes to Nick ta

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 02:56:58 PM »

Yes, early on Simon Trumper raises it up from early position and Rob Garfield and Flushy call...

The flop comes , Simon leads for 525 and only Rob calls...

The turn is the ...

Check, check.

RIVER:

1,250 from Simon, called by Rob, who shows K-K as Simon mucks, acknowledging Rob's slyly played pair of cowboys with a "well played!"

Flushy proudly claims he raised 6 hands in a row at one point and picked up the blinds every time.

"Nice chip accumulation" I tell him as he paraded his 15,400 stack before me.

anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 02:57:20 PM »

looks like thew is out now

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: