blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:47:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Jeff "Jaffa Cake" Kimber: in the well
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jeff "Jaffa Cake" Kimber: in the well  (Read 70356 times)
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2008, 12:18:19 AM »

As it happens i have tried at least 3 or 4 bluffs in the 3 years since that event and none of them have worked either. I hope to get one right in 2009.
gl in your bluff quest squire Wink

JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2008, 12:50:15 AM »

dno what TS is....am i showing my age?

Tough shit...
ah okay...yeah guess it's TS then really
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2008, 12:52:22 AM »

In Ms Tillys article in one of the poker mags she says that she's quitting and concentrating on her acting career

(lol)
lol good luck to her
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2008, 12:54:25 AM »

If they're being dished out, put me 3rd on the list please.  I made  final table yesterday if it helps

lol think we all missed out when they were bein handed out, these days not so easy...but they're there if u bring something different and prove some value to sites i reckon...
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2008, 12:55:28 AM »

tabatabtabtabi has a prop bet going in wich he has to win$100k in 2 months from $1k apparently hes on about $14k after month1.
wich side would you be betting on?
will you take the same bet?

JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2008, 01:10:51 AM »

weirdest thing ever witnessed at a poker table?

Not really at the table, but some quite ridiculous musical walk-ons….a fella before me at the
Amsterdam Master Classics walked on to I’m Too Sexy by Right Said Fred….at the cruise final some teenage scandi strutted out to PIMP by 50 Cent, and Skalie nearly caused a riot coming out to some Sex Pistols song. At the table I try and just pretend like nothing’s happened when I see something ridic…memorise it and try and stack the mug at the first opportunity.

Hottest woman in poker?
I take it we mean players, and as me n Tilly neve clicked...Shannon Elizabeth. I played the WPT Shooting Stars a few years ago having won a seat online and took my mate with me. I was well excited to be playing and told him to take loads of pics in case I didn’t last long. I ended up with one picture of me and about 50 of the lovely Shannon. To be fair the boy done good.

If you could choose a friend to play HU vs Phil Ivey to save your life who would you choose?

Lol still Jackson despite the other comments. The fact he’s tried it before helps, the fact he’s the best poker player I know would also sway the decision. The fact he had the balls to play like that against Ivey says a lot about Paul. The fact it didn’t work just shows that Ivey is basically not human.
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2008, 01:12:55 AM »

3 quick questions Jeff.

favourite fruit? animal? female tennis player?

Christopher Biggins, Sick Dog, Kournikova obv
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2008, 01:15:54 AM »

how many mental fistpumps did you make after i gifted you my stack in wsop main? (85 vs 67/56 cant remember) start of day 2

lol i remember....was interesting table, very weak but with u, the young kid who won a bracelet in seat 10 and me trying to get through the madness. Was a very weird hand, esp the call I think, tho can't quite remember exact cards, and I only called the clock as we were well into the break and I was desp to join he scrum to take a piss.

not much of a fist pumper tho, too lazy
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2008, 01:17:05 AM »

if gay was cool who would be the coolest on the uk circuit?

JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2008, 01:20:42 AM »

Jeff,have you ever been in this position ?? When i started playing nl hold em i had a fair amount of success,but i only ever won a couple of tournys when i was totally happy with my game,now i think i know loads more about the game but i dont seem to be able to let go,i always seem to see the dangers...........should i revert back to my old ways.??......... i see players now risking all there chips in the first level, i never wont to play like that but should i play in between.
  cheers

hmmm, i'm not sure if this is what you're askin, but I really think a players' development goes through cycles, and when we first start doing well we've probably had quite a bit of luck as we don't understand the game half as muc as when we've had a bit more exp.

I guess it's a combo of running good and not playing in an 'orthodox' way gets us so far, but to consistently win it's obv much better to be an experienced thinking cerebral player.

I don't think u should ever regress, but should always be looking to modify and improve, and if improving includes adding more gamble to your game, or changing gears more, or trying something new, like a super aggressive start to a tourney, then so be it.

I often try new things, styles, turning up late, play blind etc etc in gukpt side events to see if i sould be doin certain things differently....
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2008, 01:21:29 AM »

If you could choose a friend to play HU vs Phil Ivey to save your life who would it be?

LOL!

I know one you could strike off the list.....

lol class...how good is this hand tho....
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2008, 01:22:21 AM »

As it happens i have tried at least 3 or 4 bluffs in the 3 years since that event and none of them have worked either. I hope to get one right in 2009.

hope it's on me...would love to snap u with q hi
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2008, 01:24:15 AM »

If you could choose a friend to play HU vs Phil Ivey to save your life who would it be?

LOL!

I know one you could strike off the list.....

lol class...how good is this hand tho....
look at the potsize and Iveys eyes AJ was playing beelzebub himself. Iveys signed his sole away.

JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2008, 01:25:20 AM »

tabatabtabtabi has a prop bet going in wich he has to win$100k in 2 months from $1k apparently hes on about $14k after month1.
wich side would you be betting on?
will you take the same bet?

yeah i been following it and i chat to john a lot. I'd back him in anything he does in poker, he's a great player when his mind is right, but when his head has gone he's dangerous to himself...or at least he was when he was younger. I've been close to john for 3 or 4 years and have helped him at times when he basically wanted to quit poker, he's a great talent and I think he has his head right these days too.

no i wouldn't, John is a much better cash player than me. Plus I don't have the patience...
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2008, 01:29:36 AM »

if gay was cool who would be the coolest on the uk circuit?
dno, if you're interested probs best u work that out on ya own
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: