blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:17:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Rate my dangerous browser
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate my dangerous browser  (Read 6292 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 02:22:12 PM »

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 02:25:31 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pawprint

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 02:29:55 PM »

Safari, which came joint last with google chrome in a recent browser security test?
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/15/browser_password_security_tests/

Firefox and Opera came joint first, but still only scored 33%!

I heard about an unpatched vuln in ie last week as well, not sure if this is the same one.

I hope everyone who is using Firefox is using the 'Master Password' to encrypt all the passwords that the browser is storing. Otherwise, all your passwords are sitting in plain text available to any hacker who might happen across them.

thanks Daniel

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 02:30:12 PM »

Ah! The element of surprise
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 02:39:21 PM »

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 02:43:38 PM »

Safari, which came joint last with google chrome in a recent browser security test?

I heard about an unpatched vuln in ie last week as well, not sure if this is the same one.

I hope everyone who is using Firefox is using the 'Master Password' to encrypt all the passwords that the browser is storing. Otherwise, all your passwords are sitting in plain text available to any hacker who might happen across them.

Do people actually worry about this sort of jaz?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 02:43:48 PM »

Ah! The element of surprise
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2008, 02:47:44 PM »

Well it's not that unlikely to have your PC compromised, and the attacks are getting "better" in that they're more likely to catch people out - by compromising legitimate sites and using them to launch the attack etc.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2008, 02:48:30 PM »

I don't worry, as I have a password set.  If you don't then anyone who has access to your computer (that could be physically or remotely in the case of a hacker) can read your passwords.  It's not something many people think will affect them until it does.  Say for example you are burgled and your computer is nicked.  If you don't have the master password set, all your passwords that are stored in Firefox are sitting there for them to see.  Some might just be a bit of an inconvenience, but some might be a little bit more important than that.

WYSINWYG

MPD sufferer. (+2 Hidden)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2008, 02:52:56 PM »

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2008, 02:53:22 PM »

I don't worry, as I have a password set.  If you don't then anyone who has access to your computer (that could be physically or remotely in the case of a hacker) can read your passwords.  It's not something many people think will affect them until it does.  Say for example you are burgled and your computer is nicked.  If you don't have the master password set, all your passwords that are stored in Firefox are sitting there for them to see.  Some might just be a bit of an inconvenience, but some might be a little bit more important than that.

Some people use the same passwords for everything so even having a harmless password compromised could lead to a big security issue for them.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2008, 03:16:52 PM »

you only need to do this if you have got firefox to remember your passwords tho right?
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2008, 03:32:44 PM »

WOOF

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2008, 03:37:17 PM »

you only need to do this if you have got firefox to remember your passwords tho right?

Yes.  BUT, I think the test that Bongo posted suggests that Firefox does actually store some passwords you don't ask it to.  Although I might have misunderstood the article.

lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2008, 03:41:06 PM »

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: