blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:15:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Walsall 300 Freeze out
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walsall 300 Freeze out  (Read 11840 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 02:42:33 PM »

Thanks Tom, but no need to shout.

Jonas - that the bling bling fella? He's a good guy underneath all that dreadful jewellery.

M Fletcher - that Mick Fletcher, the Blackpool winner?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2005, 02:46:20 PM »

yes and yes and sorry for shouting

The older I get, the better I was.
hotdog
snap

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 06:39:57 PM »

busisness was don ibling dez got 9k
i. fieldhouse (me) got 7k
the othe guy ching or sumthin like that got 5k fletcher wudnt do ne bussiness cuz he had all the chips.a gd few reraises from me on my bb so got him bk down then dez finished him off.ime sure he thought he was the world cham only jokin lol ne way RED-DOG u was unlucky with those qq but that wasnt nothin i hit runner runner against des in final to make a sraight.ha ha des.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 10:53:08 PM »

Well done Des!!
Superb result and keeps the cash in Walsall.
Methinks he's gonna be impossible now though  Undecided

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 11:38:25 PM »

Does that mean Ive got to throw all my poker books in the bin Wink

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2005, 11:42:30 PM »

You can read?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2005, 11:48:54 PM »

Dave Smith barred from Notts. ?

Do tell !

Grin

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2005, 11:58:44 PM »

Now THATS controversal.

Smithy was (is) banned for 6 months.

Can't believe you never heard THAT Ralph.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2005, 12:06:33 AM »

I've not been there for ages so I'm not up to date with the gossip

Smithy and I go back a long way, he's the only guy that I've had a fist fight with in the last 25 years !!

Cheesy Cheesy

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2005, 12:12:59 AM »

What did he do to incur such draconian measures ?

After all we only got yellow cards for our little altercation.

That and my black eye  Angry

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2005, 12:18:49 AM »

He had an "altercation" with Burglar Kev.

Burglar Kev allegedly (assume this is all "allegedly", though it happened in front of over 100 players!) "blew cigarette smoke" in Big Dave's face. Dave took exception to this - he was never much of a wordsmith - & spat in Burglar Kev's face.

They squared up, but Management intervened. Burglar Kev suggested Smithy "step outside" so that the business could be finished properly. Smithy said not until Kev pays the 100 he owes him.

It all goes off again, & the police are called. Kev decides to press charges against Dave, it appears that spitting, in these days of Aids & the like being easily transmitted by bodily fluids, counts as GBH. So Smithy then decides to press charges against Burglar Kev for alleged ABH, namely "blowing smoke in my face".

But burglar Kev don't need to get involved with the police, he's probably on probation for some minor misdemeanour, so any trouble & he's likely to get banged up, & so it all quietens down eventually.

In the first instance, Gala ban Smithy for 2 weeks, & warn Kev as to his future conduct. But on reflection, they decide to ban Smithy for 6 months, & Burglar Kev for 2 weeks.

Next case.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2005, 12:29:55 AM »

Now that is amusing.

The things you miss when you play online eh...

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2005, 12:45:44 AM »

See, now where else could you get information like that, thats why Im always logged on here, better than Emmerdale,but with slightly less believable plot lines

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2005, 01:12:08 AM »

Amusing? I dont think Dave & Kev thougt it was!

For those not familiar with the Notts "faces", Burglar Kev is a charicature of a character from Porridge, a real "old con" type of guy. Speaks out the side of his mouth, cups his ciggie in the palm of his hand, rolls his own cigarettes with an expert hand, always has a few second-hand watches for sale. But I have loaned him money - just 20's & 40's - loads of times, & he has never let me down. Rumour is he was in prison the same time as Ash (another Notts "face"), but I have no idea if that is true. Physically, he maybe weighs 8 stone wringing wet.

Dave Smith is, physically, the very opposite of Kev. 25 stone minimum, & always wears a suit - and always the same suit. A passionate anti-smoker, he used to wear a mask, but has not done so for a few years. Rumours abound about Dave's past, but I can't comment as I don't really know the facts. Lacks the ability to chat a problem through, always shouts at the top of his voice, & gets incredibly excited at the drop of a hat, rather like a schoolboy. You cannot reason with Dave! Have loaned him money plenty of times, he's as good as gold when it comes to paying back. Hasa lovely son, Kev, who is polite, a great player, & has good social skills.

We have a bit of everything at Notts.....

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2005, 01:19:38 AM »

have you got a master detective in a wheelchair who has a thing about lapdancers?

guess not there is one of me so you cannot have everything

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: