blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:50:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Brighton GUKPT Main event proposal
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brighton GUKPT Main event proposal  (Read 7805 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2009, 08:40:27 PM »

OK blatant steal of Kinboshi's proposal for DTD £300 but they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so here we go again:

The Tournament

Brighton GUKPT £1000+60 main event on 15th-18th January 2009 (3 day event).

10,000 Chips, 1 hour clock

The Proposal

I'm asking for a 100% stake for 70% equity. 

In other words, I'm asking for £1060 (in 5% chunks) and in return stakers will get their share of 70% of any prize money I manage to win with stake returned first. Any additional prizes on top (grand final seat, champion of champions etc) will also be included so you'd get the same share in any subsequent tourneys.

Track Record

Said in previous staking thread- won Gala poker tour in Notts in April. Have made day 2 of most events I've played subsequently but not ran so well in the mid stages- bound to change soon!

Interested

Please PM me or post on here if you're interested.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 08:49:59 PM »

I was hoping to be there this weekend, but abroad instead. Put me down for 10% PM sent.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 09:10:47 PM »

Thanks Ed! 10% sold

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 10:49:52 PM »

30% plz

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 11:04:03 PM »

10% paid.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 03:31:52 AM »

30% plz

Thanks flushy- pm on the way

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 03:49:28 AM »

If you make it down there tap me on shoulder please, ill have 10%.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 06:46:48 PM »

thx Alex will do m8.

Thats 60% sold.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 11:57:45 PM »

good luck george - I ain't good enough yet to get staked for this, but gonna have a go at qualifying, so hopefully see you there thumbs up

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 12:47:36 AM »

good luck george - I ain't good enough yet to get staked for this, but gonna have a go at qualifying, so hopefully see you there thumbs up

TYVM altho I've not sold out yet either Wink

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 10:41:36 PM »

SOLD OUT guys. Thanks very much.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 10:43:08 PM »

SOLD OUT guys. Thanks very much.

Good luck fella
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 05:32:33 PM »

Nice one, good luck.
 thumbs up
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 12:04:02 PM »

gl George had just decided to punt then i see your sold! £25ew it is then.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 08:22:39 PM »

First of all guys- I'm very disappointed to be posting on this board. I busted out about an hour ago at the end of 100/200. Never really got above starting stack and couldn't get anything going.

Sat down at table 5 seat 5- very cold but overall please with my table. Micky Wernick sat to my righ tbu apart from that no names at my table. Im going to try and post as much detail I can up to my bust out.

Don't play a hand for a round or two. Very standard table. Not too aggressive but was a fair amount of action mainly due to people hitting the flop hard (saw at least 4 flopped sets in first half hour)

I limp utg for 50 with 87ss (sorry for not raising flushy!). 5 to the flop which comes down 853 one spade. I lead for 150, big fish at the table repops to 450 so I decide to peel

7 clubs hits the turn putting two clubs on board and I check call a 1200 bet. 6 clubs on river so the board is 85376 with 3 clubs. check check on river so I think my hand is good but no, my opponenet has checked the 53 clubs behind for the flush. Down to 8k- great first hand!

I pick up a couple of pots and get back up to around 9k and open utg with tens to 175. SB re pops to 600 and I peel off a flop which comes down J92 rainbow. He continue bets for just 650 so I flat. The turn comes - and now he pots it. 2200. I fold.

Next significant hand I play, 2 people limp and I look down at AQcc on button so raise to 500. I get the sb plus the two limpers call. Flop comes 766, two spades. checked to cut off who bets 300- obv very weak bet so I make it 1200- perhaps should have folded on a wet board with two opponents behind me but felt like a good spot to put the pressure on. SB cold calls behind. check check 10d turn and check check on river. He turns over the 98ss for the turned straight and rivered flush!

So down to 6k I'm feeling a little aggreived! I open in the hijack at 50/100 with A3dd for 300. Fishy button flats.

Flop comes A35 two spades. Lovely! I c-bet for 400 and he insta calls. J on turn. I bet 1500 this time and he calls quite quickly again. 2 spades on river so we check check and he shows AQ. I scoop but am annoyed at not being able to value bet river.

Reach first break with 9300 which Im very pleased with considering. I'm still happy with my table but a little annoyed that the cards aren't being kinder- I seem to be playing multi way pots even when I'm the aggressor and my c bet success frequency is very low.

Back after the break player to my right makes it 450 at 75/150 and I peel with KQhh. Flop comes 10, 7, 3 diamonds. check check. He then lead for 600 on turn when 9 hits. I don't put him on much but decide to peel off a card instead of raising. If a blank hits the river I plan on betting. An offsuit jack hits giving me the nuts! He then leads into me for 1800. I make it 4600. He flats so obv ship! NO- he has flatted me with KQ. WTF??? Chop it up anyway.

Tony Phillips moves to my table. Never played him before but he immed starts to run the table. 3 limpers to my button for 150 and I make it 700 with JJ. Everyone calls me! Am I getting my bet sizing wrong??? Flop comes AQ2 checked to me and I bet 1600. Thankfully everyone folds and I'm at my peak chip count of 11k.

Next significant pot I play I get two limpers from seat 1 (nothing to worry about limping a lot ep) and seat to my right. I make it 800 with AJ. Colder caller form button (fishy fisherson). UTG and limper fold. Heads up and the flop comes 866 two spades. I lead for 1300 into 2k. He flats. 4 hearts on the turn. I decide not to double barrel as I'm unsure whether he has a draw or a pair ( and I know he isn't folding a pair) so check it to him. He bets 1500 which immed tells me he has it. I fold AGAIN and he shows me 88. MBN

Down to around 8k and again two limpers in pot. Notice the theme??? I don't know whether I should be limping along here or what cos my raising pre and c betting post flop didnt seem to be having much success but I make it 1k with KQdd from the cut off. SB (fishy fisherson believe it or not) calls and one limper calls. Flop comes a very helpful 854 all clubs. check check check. even more helpful on turn. check check check and finally a jack on the river. fishy bets 1k which limper calls. Fishy shows 10cc. MBSFN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Down to about 6.5k now and I open to 600 with AKcc. Tony Phillips asks me for a count before repopping to 2k from sb. I shove he calls with JJ

Flop comes  BRICK BRICK BRICK.

I would like to thank everyone who backed for this event. I absoloutely appreciate the money and faith you had in me to put me in such a big event. I'm probably not going to put another thread up asking for backing as I feel like I've let my backers down. I'll try and satty into these events cos the general standard of both tourneys seemed soft (I also played £300)

Any comments/criticism/thoughts on the report above or anyone who played with me over the week would be appreciated.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 08:27:00 PM by George2Loose » Logged

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: