blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:58:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  DTD Feb 7th/8th
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Feb 7th/8th  (Read 11531 times)
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2009, 02:34:21 PM »

James problem with that range for the short stack is he probs just jams his marginal hands like 22 etc, and raises to induce his stronger hands so although you are correct his range of played hands here is good for KJs his opening to 2.5x range has you crushed.

That's a fair point. Think you're right generally. But I think he jams AJs under this theory. He wasn't thrilled about calling this one off. All 5 of the raises seen he raised to 1600.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2009, 02:40:51 PM »

James problem with that range for the short stack is he probs just jams his marginal hands like 22 etc, and raises to induce his stronger hands so although you are correct his range of played hands here is good for KJs his opening to 2.5x range has you crushed.

That's a fair point. Think you're right generally. But I think he jams AJs under this theory. He wasn't thrilled about calling this one off. All 5 of the raises seen he raised to 1600.

Would u advocate mixing up you 2.5x and shoving ranges to vary your hand ranges when down to less than 15bbs? Or does it not matter live?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2009, 02:54:59 PM »

Would u advocate mixing up you 2.5x and shoving ranges to vary your hand ranges when down to less than 15bbs? Or does it not matter live?

Doesn't matter live people will never be able to get a read on you given how infrequently you play them under this dynamic, even online i don't worry about it as for all the players who are smart enough to work out the simple pattern, there are still gazzilions of idiots who look down at A8 and go "oooh fold equity"

This is obviously not the case in things like 1k's and 100r's

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2009, 01:12:44 PM »

Sorry guys, couldn't come up with the goods this time round. Again felt I was playing well, but got coolered for my effective exit and not much I could do.

£150 GUKPT side event, 6k starting stack...

I'm in seat 6 to the left of RED-DOG, Lucy Rokach in seat 1 and Ash Hussain is in seat 9, and again 'the bandit' turned up as an alternate in seat 4.

The first hand I really played was about 10 hands in. I raise JT in mid position, Lucy calls in the big blind. She leads out an 89J rainbow flop for 300. I make it 850 and she insta moves all-in! I thought about it for a couple of minutes. I hated to call off all my chips in this spot, but with my knowledge of how Lucy plays, I couldn't put her on a hand that made me want to pass. I made the call, and it turned out she had JTs. She was freerolling though with a back-door flush draw, and the obligatory sweat was given on the turn, but we chopped the pot.

I then ran good for a while. Made most of my chips in these 2 hands: I flopped 347 with 44 and got it in on the flop against a short stack for a 6-7k pot. I also flopped AT7 in a limped pot with a T7 big blind special. Check raised an early position bet of 450 and a flat caller to 1500. EP guy calls, caller passes. Turn was a King. About my least favourite card after an Ace, but he only had 3.5k back with the pot at 4k. I put him in on the turn, and he snapped. Of course he had AK. River....7  I wasn't expecting that!

Winning a couple of medium sized pots on top of these I was up to about 18k. Then my luck ran out...

Picked up AA in mid position and raise it up. Short stack playing 1,500ish moves in. Everyone else folds. He has QQ. I get a 3 spade board holding the Ace of spades, but he binks the Q on the river. Still, not of too much concern as it wasn't too much of a hit to the stack.

My 16k then dwindles to about 11k with the following hands around the 75/150, 100/200 levels...

Paid off Lucy Rokach twice when I was in the blinds in limped pots. Once with Q9 vs the nut straight on KQ69A after she bet turn and river. My river call here was bad.Then with A7 on 97595 after she bet flop and river. Was positive she didn't have an overpair (she would have open raised 88+), and though I was only beating air on the river, I felt there was a good chance of this the way it played out. She actually had A9.

Everytime I raised from then on in, I was in a bad spot. KQ I resisted c-betting an Ace high flop, folded the turn and was shown AQ. 88 I got JTx and against red-dog who had limped. Felt this was likely to have hit him so again shut down and I believe correctly mucked when he bet the turn (he usually has it when he bets right?!)

Lost 1.7k raising a limper with KK, only for the flop to come A55 with 2 diamonds. Check check on the flop (The way he checked made me think he had hit the flop, but I wish I'd bet the flop here anyway). Turn was a low diamond (no King of diamonds for me). He bet 1k. I called. Turn was a diamond. He trap checked but I checked behind. He had JQdd. Def prefer betting the flop and shutting down as opposed to calling the turn, but in this particular hand I guess the same net loss.

I did win a couple of small pots in between these hands, and chopped a pot with KJ on a QxxJx board. But nothing spectacular.

My effective exit hand was a cooler. A limped pot, I make up the small blind with 69 off. 5 handed to a flop of...578 with 2 clubs. Bingo! I check, UTG bets out 500 into 1000., I raise. I made a little balls up because as I bet two of my 1000 chips got stuck together and I raised to 2300 when i meant to raise to 1300! I felt I was inadvertently giving off strength when I pointed this out, I perhaps should have stayed quiet! Anyway he moved all in and I snapped. He had top set. Was obv hoping for the board not to pair, which it didn't...he did hit the case 8 however on the turn.

Always harsh when you lose a big pot when you flop the nuts. I still had just over 2k left. I got about 3 rounds out of it with the blinds at 150/300. Shoved KK only to get no callers. Red-dog raised and I had 66. I had 2k and the 200/400 (25) had just kicked in, and although I'd have liked to get in my chips first or against a looser raise, I didn't see away of not putting my chips in here. He had AQ and an board of TTKTQ sent me packing.

Thanks for investing guys.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:17:07 PM by MC » Logged

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: