blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:59:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  GUKPT Brighton
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUKPT Brighton  (Read 6857 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2009, 12:01:56 AM »

OK blatant steal of George's steal of Kinboshi's proposal for DTD £300, which he stole from Celtic Cheesy

I had a shot at online qualification tonight but fell just short finishing 6/46 with 3 seats and some dosh for 4th.  I'd still love to play though, so thought I'd take a stab here, although I know it's a long shot.  Anyway, there follows some more blatant plagiarism:

The Tournament

Brighton GUKPT £1000+60 main event on 15th-18th January 2009 (3 day event).

10,000 Chips, 1 hour clock

The Proposal

I'm asking for a 100% stake for 70% equity. 

In other words, I'm asking for £1060 (in 5% chunks) and in return stakers will get their share of 70% of any prize money I manage to win with stake returned first. Any additional prizes on top (grand final seat, champion of champions etc) will also be included so you'd get the same share in any subsequent tourneys.

Track Record

No track record at this level, but my recent live form has been good with two cashes at the recent Xmas Cracker festival in Luton (1st in the £150 and 9th in the £100) and a total of £6,500 prize money from 6 cashes in 9 £75-£150 buy in comps played over November and December.  Also finished just outside the money (17/148) in the new years day £200 D/C Freezeout at Walsall.

Please PM me or post on here if you're interested.

thanks!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 12:59:03 AM by Claw75 » Logged

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:04:02 AM »

hang on a fecking minute. I was the first one with that idea. Kinboshi nicked it from me ffs. Check the dates.

Gl with this Clare.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 12:07:35 AM »

hang on a fecking minute. I was the first one with that idea. Kinboshi nicked it from me ffs. Check the dates.

Gl with this Clare.

OK, OK, fmp Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 12:14:42 AM »

Gl with this Clare.

OK, OK, fmp Smiley

ty ty

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 12:19:43 AM »

Wow, ambitious.

GL

HI HELEN!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 03:32:15 AM »

Wow, ambitious.

GL

gl claire. if i was minted id take the lot, im not but gl anyway.

the trend for 30% equity w no input is a little biased imo, i wounldnt consider staking unless i thought stakee had a significant edge (congrats i think u do over the 6 tournies iv player w you at luton in, iv seen u play and ur good, deffo top 10% luton) but i think is slightly undermining the risk taken on by the stakee in accordance with applicants with no pedigree or results in these kind of fields. Not meaning to deter potential applicants, but these fields are 70% pro, if you think u have an edge good luck to you. i think 20% for no outlay is more than fair w no pedigree. those amateurs that think they have an edge on pro fields, seriously, good luck to you.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 11:40:02 AM »

Gl with this Clare.

Bollocks did I nick the proposal template from you.  I wrote mine without looking at any others - if it's similar to yours it's because great minds think alike. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 11:59:32 AM »

sell at evens,buy 30% of yourself.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 12:54:09 PM »

GL luck with this Claire.

Alex: I know there are a lot of good players playing this tour but I've heard that the average player is very weak?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 02:11:43 PM »

You just have to hope you get sat on a table with lots of satellite players!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 02:15:52 PM »

Alex: I know there are a lot of good players playing this tour but I've heard that the average player is very weak?

I'd actually say the average table in a GUKPT main event is tremendously tough, especially now as it seems to be attracting more interest from overseas and the bigger UK players. The fact that Marc Goodwin won European Player of the Year from it, the champion of champions events and the week long side events are all making it a big draw for the pros. Id say that its getting to the point where there are more pros at an average GUKPT table than there is recreational players. The difference between a GUKPT and a GCBPT main event if phenomenal, the GCBPTs the average player is very bad, the GUKPTs Id say the average player is very good. Could be a credit crunch thing too, everything is a credit crunch thing these days.

Sorry to hijack the staking thread there Claire, good luck
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 03:42:03 PM »

sell at evens,buy 30% of yourself.

This.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 03:50:45 PM »

U don't have to tell me how bad the standard at a gala event is- even I won one Cheesy

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 04:19:01 PM »

U don't have to tell me how bad the standard at a gala event is- even I won one Cheesy

mbsfn
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 06:32:32 PM »

I'd actually say the average table in a GUKPT main event is tremendously tough, especially now as it seems to be attracting more interest from overseas and the bigger UK players. The fact that Marc Goodwin won European Player of the Year from it, the champion of champions events and the week long side events are all making it a big draw for the pros. Id say that its getting to the point where there are more pros at an average GUKPT table than there is recreational players. The difference between a GUKPT and a GCBPT main event if phenomenal, the GCBPTs the average player is very bad, the GUKPTs Id say the average player is very good. Could be a credit crunch thing too, everything is a credit crunch thing these days.

Sorry to hijack the staking thread there Claire, good luck

You seem to think the UK circuit pro's are good, this is not the case.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: