blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:54:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  GUKPT Brighton
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUKPT Brighton  (Read 6855 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 06:49:33 PM »

GL luck with this Claire.

Alex: I know there are a lot of good players playing this tour but I've heard that the average player is very weak?

I'd actually say the average table in a GUKPT main event is tremendously tough, especially now as it seems to be attracting more interest from overseas and the bigger UK players. The fact that Marc Goodwin won European Player of the Year from it, the champion of champions events and the week long side events are all making it a big draw for the pros. Id say that its getting to the point where there are more pros at an average GUKPT table than there is recreational players. The difference between a GUKPT and a GCBPT main event if phenomenal, the GCBPTs the average player is very bad, the GUKPTs Id say the average player is very good. Could be a credit crunch thing too, everything is a credit crunch thing these days.

Sorry to hijack the staking thread there Claire, good luck

You seem to think the UK circuit pro's are good, this is not the case.

So you buying a % then Wink

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 06:56:42 PM »

Alex: I know there are a lot of good players playing this tour but I've heard that the average player is very weak?

I'd actually say the average table in a GUKPT main event is tremendously tough, especially now as it seems to be attracting more interest from overseas and the bigger UK players. The fact that Marc Goodwin won European Player of the Year from it, the champion of champions events and the week long side events are all making it a big draw for the pros. Id say that its getting to the point where there are more pros at an average GUKPT table than there is recreational players. The difference between a GUKPT and a GCBPT main event if phenomenal, the GCBPTs the average player is very bad, the GUKPTs Id say the average player is very good. Could be a credit crunch thing too, everything is a credit crunch thing these days.

Some are good.

Plus there seem to be more net guys playing

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 09:30:34 PM »

was pleasantly surprised with the number of replies til I read 'em lol Smiley

Ho hum - as I said at start, I knew it was a long shot.  Nothing ventured etc.

thanks for the kind words Alex Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 09:38:52 PM »

Some are good.

Plus there seem to be more net guys playing

This

When I say pro, I did kind of mean 'good pro' and for the most part I was referring to the online players. I wasnt really referring to some players who refer to themselves as 'circuit pros' when they are actually just glorified unemployed and nipping their way across the country to these events. Either way, not many easy spots at an average GUKPT ME table.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 02:12:49 AM »

I get yur drift with the curcuit guys but in this particular tournament there seems to be an above average field,i mean you must have 8 at least with a personal interest and 1.3 seems far fetched to me.I know thats not the point your getting at but thats how i see it.gl Claire but i for 1 am out.

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 10:23:27 AM »

If it weren't for luck, Flushy would win them all!

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 10:25:41 AM »

If it weren't for luck, Flushy would win them all!

That and the will to travel to the likes of Bolton....

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 10:38:36 AM »

Why not try and go for staking in 1 or 2 of the side events then if you get a result bobs your uncle you can then go for part staking to the ME.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 11:19:25 AM »

Why not try and go for staking in 1 or 2 of the side events then if you get a result bobs your uncle you can then go for part staking to the ME.

This.

The side events at the GUKPT are awesome value by comparision to the main events, much weaker fields made up of the locals and with a C of C seat at the end of them really worth the entry free. Not just that, some of them are getting massive fields making some ridic first prizes for £100-£300 comps. The structures are pretty decent for that level of comp too.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009, 11:22:04 AM »

yeah the side events are probably where I should be, but not possible this week due to work.  I'm going to have another stab at qualification for the ME this evening - if no joy I'll probably play the equal chance thing instead.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 11:23:58 AM »

yeah the side events are probably where I should be, but not possible this week due to work.  I'm going to have another stab at qualification for the ME this evening - if no joy I'll probably play the equal chance thing instead.

There are two £110 and one £275 GUKPT side events over the weekend that might be worth a peek?
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 02:14:12 PM »

There are two £110 and one £275 GUKPT side events over the weekend that might be worth a peek?

I am planning on going for £275 2 dayer starting 6pm Saturday. Might be greedy and go to EC on the friday and either get a decent stack for coming back or shoot off to Brighton.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 04:23:28 PM »

Claire you're on the betting for this now so I am guessing your playing??

Claire Macgregor 150/1

HI HELEN!
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 04:38:59 PM »

Claire you're on the betting for this now so I am guessing your playing??

Claire MacGregor 150/1

not to my knowledge!

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 12:25:07 AM »

right - got the rest of the week off work and planning on playing the £100 jobbies tomorrow and Friday night and the £250 at the weekend thumbs up

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: