blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:37:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Brighton: Day 2
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Brighton: Day 2  (Read 62955 times)
CEJOY
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2009, 12:19:27 AM »

It is an appalling decision.

typical of the goons who get put in positions of power having done no courses/training whatsoever. Only learn the rules from their bosses, who 70% of the time make up the ruling anyway.

In what other industry would a decision of such financial magnitude be left to someone who hasn't even taken a course in the subject he was proclaiming to be an expert in?
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2009, 12:21:29 AM »

typical of the goons who get put in positions of power having done no courses/training whatsoever. Only learn the rules from their bosses, who 70% of the time make up the ruling anyway.

In what other industry would a decision of such financial magnitude be left to someone who hasn't even taken a course in the subject he was proclaiming to be an expert in?
Banking or Government? Smiley

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2009, 12:21:31 AM »

Still waiting for the deadlock to be broken.

On Nicholas Holbrook's table, all the other stacks are fairly short now and each looking for spots to push, whereas on the other table James Sudworth and Ramsey Ajram in particular are really battling out trying to grab as many chips as they can. Bernard Litman is sitting back a bit while Matt Perrins and Andreas Hoivold as still raising but not as aggressively as before.

Self-bok.

Craig Brignall raises to 90k (basically all-in) from the small blind. Nicholas Holbrook takes a while to set him in, which is surprisingly when he eventually does with , Brignall turns up .

Two Clubs

Craig Brignall goes out in 10th place winning £3,520.

Chip counts of the final table to follow...

Lee and Perrins to set next to each other please one time.

p12yan
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 18, 2009, 12:22:14 AM »

So if you were me. you think what Iwan did was correct and you would be happy?

Try if you can to ignore the fact that a pretty shit ruling has been made here, i don't think you can be enforced to call an unquantifiable amount.

I've seen it many times where there are 5 minute arguments at the table and nobody thinks to call the floor as that is almost ineveitably the only way to solve it. It's annoying and a complete waste of time. If Iwan's involvement was just to defuse and speed up the process he's acted correctly and sensibly and couldn't find any fault with him.
I'd be more peeved with Frazer if he completely took advantage of the situation and changed the amount he was going to bet. Not that he broke any rules by doing that it just isn't great form.

Dave, read my essay above your 1st post and you can clearly see Iwans involvement... let me know your thoughts then...

bovie

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2009, 12:22:26 AM »

The finance sector !!!
aidenson

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 18, 2009, 12:24:11 AM »

Someone said earlier that Jeff from the Vic would not have made that ruling .....well its a grosvenor rule and he was on the rules committee when the rule was brought in so draw your own conclusions

Bottom line is that the correct ruling was made based on Grosvenor rules its just that the rules are shit!!!
CEJOY
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 18, 2009, 12:24:52 AM »

[/quote

players at such crucial time need to say nothing or at that time they leave them selves open to a T D ruling]
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 18, 2009, 12:26:41 AM »

So if you were me. you think what Iwan did was correct and you would be happy?

Try if you can to ignore the fact that a pretty shit ruling has been made here, i don't think you can be enforced to call an unquantifiable amount.

I've seen it many times where there are 5 minute arguments at the table and nobody thinks to call the floor as that is almost ineveitably the only way to solve it. It's annoying and a complete waste of time. If Iwan's involvement was just to defuse and speed up the process he's acted correctly and sensibly and couldn't find any fault with him.
I'd be more peeved with Frazer if he completely took advantage of the situation and changed the amount he was going to bet. Not that he broke any rules by doing that it just isn't great form.

Dave, read my essay above your 1st post and you can clearly see Iwans involvement... let me know your thoughts then...

Iwan and Ian didn't do anything they werent within their right to do BUT i still think its poor form from both. ul Priyan

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2009, 12:31:49 AM »

Final counts (No seat draw yet)

James Sudworth -- 331k
Bernard Litman -- 194k
Ramsey Ajram -- 291.5k
Andreas Hoivold -- 268.5k
Matt Perrins -- 264.5k
Nicholas Holbrook -- 622k
Richard Lewidon -- 99k
Nathan Lee -- 159k
Keir Ratcliff -- 128k

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2009, 12:35:31 AM »

Self-bok.

Craig Brignall raises to 90k (basically all-in) from the small blind. Nicholas Holbrook takes a while to set him in, which is surprisingly when he eventually does with , Brignall turns up .

Two Clubs

such nitrolls.

glglglggl to James Sudworth 2mo. run gooooooooot.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 12:38:03 AM by LeKnave » Logged
Mitchell

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 18, 2009, 12:36:34 AM »

I think its a ridiculous ruling because what Priyan did is not enforced anywhere else, even in Grosvenors and I wasn't aware it was even against the rules. People make these comments all the time and its preposterous that at this stage its enforced. Also if a bad decision is made earlier in the tournament it shouldn't dictate the same mistake being made later for continuity. I really feel for Priyan here and I think hes been treated very poorly.

...also gogoogogogo Ramsey
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2009, 12:37:39 AM »

Self-bok.

Two Clubs

such nitrolls.

glglglggl to James Sudworth 2mo. run gooooooooot.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2009, 12:39:10 AM »

How many times are questionable decisions made in tournaments? I would say we all agree it's pretty common. So why would someone put themselves in an ambiguous position when the stakes are so high...and put themselves at the mercy of these poor decision makers?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2009, 12:40:30 AM »

worst decission i have ecver heard of !!!!

total q

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2009, 12:44:43 AM »

Players are being called back for 2pm for a 3pm start probably with the blinds starting at 5k/10k again.

I'm off for some food.

See you tomorrow.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: