blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 05:57:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272985 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  "Dusk till Dawn" Poker Club In Nottingham Diary (by Rob Yong)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Dusk till Dawn" Poker Club In Nottingham Diary (by Rob Yong)  (Read 450598 times)
The Nomad

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: October 29, 2006, 10:23:39 AM »

Hi Rob, just read about the guy wanting 85k, when you open DTD you better make sure your VIP room has no point of access for the players as you will find yourself getting hit for cash on an almost hourly basis.   and if you do venture out of your room have a hundred different ways to tell someone to F... Off. without causing them to throw the furniture around. Believe me I speak from experience in this matter. The best thing to do I have found in this is to pass the aggrieved player on to your man who deals with this and then he gets all the abuse. This only works with the dimmest of players as everybody will know you are the top dog.Something to think about in the next 6 months how to say get lost politely a hundred different ways, needless to say the man they have to speak to  with regards  the taxi fare  their rent  the food for their kids their sickchild  the list is endless ,is not on the premises and will not be back for a while now thats a vague period of time by when you will have left the building. On a more serious note  has the money lending Franchise been sorted out yet or will the local firm be taking care of it .LoL
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 29, 2006, 12:30:19 PM »

Whos needs a team of sposored players when the boss can swan in for his first game in gawd knows how long to final in the EPT. Gl rob and you boys best pull your fingers out Wink

ariston

better lucky than good
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #782 on: October 31, 2006, 01:40:04 AM »

Just got back from Dublin and have mixed feelings. On the positive side it confirmed again just how high profile DTD is becoming and I made some great contacts for the future. I spent quality time with some very high profile poker people such as Raymour and Moneymaker, I really believe that we will see names like these at DTD one day.

Everyone who is anyone in poker seems to have heard about DTD and I got 101 questions every day, we really have the support of the european poker community and this sort of feedback makes me feel like what I am trying to do is worthwhile.

Despite me personally having achieved bugger all in the poker world, I do know a lot of the big names mainly due to me playing them online every night . Although we try and bust eachother for large sums of money there is a strange, ironic mutual respect and understanding between us, I guess we have shared so many sick beats in front of our PC's, sitting alone in the early hours of the morning, climbing uop the walls when our aces are cracked,  that we have some sort of bond even though we do not often meet face to face. Guys like Will Thorston and Jonny Lodden are fantastic players and I was able to talk about DTD with them and invite them over next year, we plan to arrange some huge cash games at DTD and these players are so exciting to watch.

Obviously I was very disappointed with busting out 6th in the EPT final to a 3 outer on the river, I would have been chip leader if I won that pot, and I would have given myself a great chance to win from that position, but it was not meant to be. I spent quite a lot of time with Roland De Wolfe in Dublin so I was very pleased to see him win, and he was genuinley sorry to have bused me in that way.

It was important to get the DTD shirt on TV so I made sure I made the final table when we got down to the last 2 tables, maybe this actually cost me as there were a lot of dead chips to be picked up at this point. My normal aggressive style of play may have taken me to the final table with£ 1m but instead I made a commercial decision to ante away my 600k stack and make the final table with just under 400k. This meant than I could not play the final in the way I would have preferred, and had to pass nearly every time I was re-raised as my tournamant life was at risk.......with £1m I would have taken a shot with a marginal hand such as 44 or KQs for < 40% of my stack.

I love poker but I find these 3 days+ events very tiring and my patience levels are low. Being banned from playing in most venues in the UK (even DTD !) means I cannot play much tourney poker anyway, so I have decided that I will focus on just a handful of events each year. I think its important for DTD that I personally start to do better in these events as well as the other DTD crew, so I'll hopefully improve my tourney results as a result of this. My name is associated with DTD and you cant have a "donkey tourney poker player" at the helm of the DTD operation! I plan to play all of the EPT's (except the Vic as I am banned), WPT Paris and the WSOP. Thats only 8 events per year to focus on, but if I can transfer my online success to live tournament poker, I know I have at least 1 big win in me in the next few years.

I'm taking my FD round the club tomorrow to drop a few bombshells about costs that she can expect to get invoices for, such as the £120,000 air condioning bill I agreed to last week. It's all happening now , reality is closing in on me, and the money is flowing out of the bank account and nothing is coming in. There is a big difference between talking out spending £2m on a re-fit and actually seeing the cheques being sent out, its scary. If someone has told me when I was 16, that one day I would be spending this type of money, my own money, I would have never believed them. It's so crazy that we are doing this in my hometown, Nottingham, the whole thing is unbelievable, I worked so hard to get financially confortable in life, I stasred with nothing, and now I'm gambling the lot of on this crazy venture.

Not many people believe that I will go personally broke if DTD folds, they think I am joking and I have money stashed away everywhere. Some people assume that I am lending the money from the banks............you try going the Nat West and asking for £4m of unsecured capital to open a poker club and an online poker room! In round terms, £1m set up, £2m re-fit and £1m working capital is what DTD needs to get this thing rolling, who in there right mind would lend me this? This is the biggest gamble of my life and its happening right now....................

Cheers Rob. Thanks for all your support in the EPT, sorry I couldn't bring it home
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 01:51:01 AM by robyong » Logged
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #783 on: October 31, 2006, 01:46:51 AM »

nice score in EPT rob, good tv exposure fro DTD as well

Bainn
The Preacher

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 31, 2006, 01:50:08 AM »

Thanks for another good post Rob, and i think you will have no worries regarding DTD's success, i suspect it will be huge.

"Decerno, exsequor"

"It's nothing personal, just business."
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #785 on: October 31, 2006, 01:50:58 AM »

nice result in dublin rob and i sincerely hope DTD works out you deserve it  thumbs up

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 31, 2006, 01:52:45 AM »

Nice 1 m8, it's a fine result!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 31, 2006, 02:26:24 AM »

Great result Rob!   

I felt gutted for you reading the live update the way you went out but you can get another, better result next time!

I think the decision to ensure a TV final table appearance will help DTD greatly - well played.

Keep itching to see how the clubs coming on as I drive past it every day  Smiley

Good luck with the home straight!!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 12:14:27 AM by VodkaRedbull » Logged
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #788 on: October 31, 2006, 09:29:03 AM »

good skills chap,
unlucky,
but agreed, a big1 awaits
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #789 on: October 31, 2006, 09:39:16 AM »

You can't argue with a result like that...DTD is starting to sound better and better by the day and I really think it will be Europe Premier card room...

BTW...a quick question...would you still be barred from the Vic if the EPT is there? That's shocking IMO...but then what do I know.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #790 on: October 31, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

You can't argue with a result like that...DTD is starting to sound better and better by the day and I really think it will be Europe Premier card room...

BTW...a quick question...would you still be barred from the Vic if the EPT is there? That's shocking IMO...but then what do I know.

I dont think its anything to do with EPT, I'm resigned to Grovsenor not being my "friend". I have heard some stuff and I think they were upset at DTD taking Yogi which is understandaable, although it was his choice. Save me 5,000 euros a year by not playing I guess!

good skills chap,
unlucky,
but agreed, a big1 awaits

Thx Julian. Maybe we land one major between us one day, get Nottingham on the map, see you in Amsterdamn or CPC, I hope.
SuffolkPunch
Fish

Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #791 on: October 31, 2006, 04:37:35 PM »

Nice to meet you in Dublin, Rob. Sincerest good wishes for DTD, can't wait for it to open.

Simon (Young not Yong. What's that all about?)

PeteL

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 31, 2006, 04:54:29 PM »

Nice 1 bruv, everyone knows that 3 outer at the wrong time feeling seems like all ur agressive play was leading up to that point where u went in a massive favourite in a double up situation but it went pair shaped ul bud. Was hoping u brought the EPT back to notts oh well wp.

Also wondering if u had any plans set for your opening event im intrigued to find out. I was thinking a big guarantee freezeout with 200 / 300 buy in where u hope to get a large field might work. Although the logisitics of having a full house on your first day might make that impossible.

Gl with the project anyway bud, i cant wait to get out of the stinking GALA haha.
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #793 on: October 31, 2006, 05:39:46 PM »

I was also wondering what the first tourny would be?

Good result Rob, well deserved.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
The Nomad

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 01, 2006, 12:15:21 AM »

t congrats on Dublin , wait till you get your gaming licence and are invited to the C.O.A. luncheons you will see all these suits crawling out of the woodwork to congratule you banned  dont be silly Rob come and visit any time you feel like it bring your guests as well allways welcome in our clubs etc nothing personal you understand its business thats all .     So we are at the end of the first luncheon the ones that ae showing the most emnity towards you now will be the first to offer to buy the business from you if of course the business does not prosper adding of course you are bound to be a greatsuccess and they wish you all the very best. The gaming business is avery strange world as you are now finding but I do hope you stick at it and accomplish what you personally set out to do it will be a massive achievement not to mention a couple of years out of your life.  I am assuming they still do the lunches its been a long time ask Dik9 he will know about them I should imagine. Cool
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: