blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:24:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  SHREWDIES ON TOUR 2009
Poll
Question: What should the Shrewdies do ??  (Voting closed: May 28, 2009, 04:57:19 PM)
 tell Beverly she's fucked our whole holiday up after telling us this late, how did this cross booking happen dont u have spread sheets etc. etc. We want you to refund us the money for our flights or find us a replacement. If not we want proof they signed - 37 (52.1%)
egg her house 'n poop in her pool - 34 (47.9%)
Other ... please specify on thread. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 70

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 ... 289 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SHREWDIES ON TOUR 2009  (Read 629231 times)
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: June 25, 2009, 11:54:32 AM »

Cheers for the gl's

Pretty sick end to the day i had a tough table till we got to the last 36 it was all good players including Matusow and Juanda but thankfully it broke and i quickly ran my stack into the CL only to lose a 160k pot to a pure 2 out, a 140k pot when i had 2nd low 2nd flush and that last reported 100k pot whe i had top-top nut lowdraw and backdoor clubs vs top-top 2nd low and backdoor nut clubs.

Still got an ok stack and anything can happen tomorrow.

Genuinely rate these guys Flushy?  Not very often I hear you compliment someone!  Cheesy

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: June 25, 2009, 12:02:39 PM »

Matusow is very good at O/8, Juanda lost nearly every pot he played at my table but played perfect at the same time, the rest were all good randoms, i fist pumped so hard when i got moved to a new table of clowns.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3167 on: June 25, 2009, 12:05:27 PM »

Watch out for Matusow he KNOWS poker. glglgl
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3168 on: June 25, 2009, 01:15:50 PM »

gl son
810ofclubs

EPT Vilamoura!

View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: June 25, 2009, 01:43:23 PM »

glgl

Jake Mfkin Cody lols
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: June 25, 2009, 02:38:13 PM »

Kick some arses tomorrow Flushy 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: June 25, 2009, 02:42:06 PM »

GL thumbs up
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: June 25, 2009, 04:19:40 PM »

Get yourself to Deepstacks University ldo  Wink

Win the lot GOGO!!

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: June 25, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »

gogogogogogogogoooogogogo flushy

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
phatomch

View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: June 25, 2009, 04:49:55 PM »

offer the chop now flushy, cement your name in wsop history
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: June 25, 2009, 05:28:28 PM »

GL James. Hope you bring home the bracelet and the $$$$$$ of cause

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: June 25, 2009, 05:52:38 PM »

glglglglglglgl
DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: June 25, 2009, 05:54:14 PM »

goodluck flushy  win it all
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: June 25, 2009, 06:06:17 PM »

Ok, so thread gets boring with no updates. Figure I might aswell put my latest thoughts and action on here..

I guess I should start with Poker, or lack of.. I haven't played a tournament for about 10 days now, i'm just not in the mood, I cant be bothered with getting the chips in good to be constantly fucked over in the tournaments I have played. The last time I played any cash, was about a week or so ago when 7 or 8 of us went down to Venetian and got our own table and got drunk whilst playing 1/2. Was a great night - so much unsurprisingly good play on the table too, considering the state we were in through the night! We were playing a 69 game too.. You win with 69o and everyone gives you $10, and the rest of table has to take a shot. Win with 69s and its $5 from everyone and they have to take a shot. Biggest winner on the night I beleive was Evans. I don't remember him having to make a bluff though, need I say anything else? Jones was in a hole but got out. I was up $500 or so until one of my last hands at about 9am vs a random that had joined the table, needless to say he got lucky and I ended up coming off $500 down! Middy, well, i'll let him tell you how he done if he wants to!

Other than that, what else have I been doing.. Well myself, Jones and Rich all went out for the day I think it was last Friday. It started with Brent too, we went to Bellagio buffet around midday and obviously I lost the flip for that setting me back $90. Wasn't too disappointing though as it was very nice and lots of choice. After this the 3 of us went to go karting (Brent went to Venetian to play cash). Jones lost the flip for $180, which was a nice start Smiley Needless to say I won - doing something like a 27.06 laptime to their best of 28.30+ I think.  I managed to get a $10 fastest lap between us all bet on for the first race, but they wouldn't do it on the second for some reason! We played the basketball machine after this inside the Go Karting arcade bit, where I took another $10 off each of them Smiley

Once we had finished we got in a taxi and headed to New York New York, went to the rollercoaster there and flipped for who buys the $25 day passes each. Jones lost and handed over the $75 so we could get our wristbands. We went on the ride for the first time, and I decided to do the Ravenelli the whole way round, we constantly flipped for who would sit next to who as there was 3 of us and only 2 seats to a row. The next go whoever got drawn next to each other had to do the Ravanelli the whole way round together so we could get a picture. It was me and Rich so we did it, I also brought in the Shearer (hand in air) and just chanted Shearer the whole way round for some unknown reason! We did some more silly stuff and I realised that the shoulder pads didnt hold me in and I could move around, which is why I ended up on Jones lap on one of the pictures! Funniest part of the rides for me was when we flipped and it was me next to Rich, and Jones had to sit next to some random, but I just told him I would sit next to the random for him. When the camera came round I did just put my arm round him. Should have seen him come off the ride with his mates and them pissing themselves at some unknown just getting his arm round him!

We went and had a steak at a nice restaurant which I lost the flip to (mbn to be rich at this point, just freerolling the day). We walked around for a bit and stumbled across the Cirque Du Soleil box office. The show was called Zumanity and started in 2 hours, so we decided, why not, lets just get these tickets and watch a show. We had no idea what it would be about, we got second row tickets for about $110 each. We went back on the rollercoaster for 2 hours and then went down to the show.

It started 15 minutes early, so just some preshow warming the crowd up stuff. Within 3 minutes they had dildo's flying about and naked bodies everywhere! What had we let ourselves in for! 5 minutes more and some guy came and joined the seat empty next to Jones, he was in costume so we was a bit worried what he would want to do. Turns out he just wanted to ask Jones whether we are gay etc and just basically try and embarrass us, I think he prob had a crush on Jones but this may have died when Jones said "There is no amount of this (points to VRB) that I could drink that would make me want to fuck them later". He soon buggered off.
Turns out the show was all about sex, and it was fairly interactive with the crowd! Luckily there were another group of lads on the opposite side of the stage to us that were being used as the gay group, otherwise we could have been in trouble! Luckily I conveniently placed myself in the middle of the 3 of us as I don't like sitting next to fat smelly people (I know I was sitting next to Rich, but at least I know him). Turns out that not only did me sitting in the middle block anyone sitting next to me, but also meant that it hid the fact I had a lob on for most of the show! It was seriously sexy and a show I would recommend you go to see with your partner rather than with a couple of male mates!

Come the end of the show we called it a night and headed home, was one of my favourite days in Vegas tbh, did alot, GoKarting, Rollercoaster, Show, and with two guys who were not scared to have a laugh with eachother or at themselves.

Class, i have seen zumanity, with the wife Smiley
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: June 25, 2009, 07:03:44 PM »

I should start this one off by saying I hope my comments aren't taken the wrong way.  I know there have been some mixed results and not everything has gone according to plan and some will be hurting more than others. We all want to read stories of redic excess and youthful high jinx, but we also want to read about success.  Sometimes these events are diametrically opposed.

Pre Vegas, there were lots of "I  know it is Vegas, but i am going there to work.  Gym every day, healthy eating, no drinking, bed by midnight stuff."  I think most of us that have been to Vegas a handful of times know that Vegas is unique and all-consuming and that these admirable plans were unlikely to come to fruition.

Looking back over the stay, what lessons do you think you have learned for next time?

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 ... 289 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: