blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:44:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  DTD £300 Deepstack - March 09
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 Deepstack - March 09  (Read 20275 times)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2009, 04:18:53 PM »

I don't understand all this premium stuff, but all the MTT boys are into it so it must be cool. Would be interested if someone would make an attempt at a post along the lines of a good player in the £300 DTD, GUKPT, WSOP etc has an expected ROI of x% which means that it is fair for him/her to charge a y% premium cos surely many stakers have no clue as to what is fair or not.

perhaps could start off with if Phil Ivey was playing for example, and then we could gauge downwards from there (or upwards for people who think they are better than him)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2009, 07:39:21 PM »

So com that none of us stakees noticed this £70 premium. Guess we were excited at getting a piece of Maria Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2009, 11:12:45 PM »

no disrespect to anyone on here who has asked for staking & pls call me a grumpy old man, but when i was hitting the circuit 5 or 6 years ago you sold 10% for 10%; it always struck me as fair.
the first i ever heard of selling with a small premium was the camel who sold some %s for the wsop main event at 1.2 a year or 2 back.
that seemed reasonable given his track record & the loction.

yeaahhh, guess i am feelin grumpy after all

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2009, 11:18:47 PM »

Chuck up a staking thread at 1:1 grumps but warn me first, I'll be wanting to sell a kidney.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2009, 11:55:13 PM »

would've had a piece if I'd have seen it in time ( and weren't blowing my live roll at DtD next weekend)

gl gl gl

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2009, 12:41:30 AM »

Also, yes my front is large but that's a private issue between me and my bra.....

Ahh so you were AdamGG

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2009, 12:52:12 AM »

Also, yes my front is large but that's a private issue between me and my bra.....

Ahh so you were AdamGG

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2009, 01:00:33 AM »

Ahh so you were AdamGG

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2009, 01:14:35 AM »

By the way, I just wanted to clarify that I have paid back (or very nearly paid back) the backers the difference from £400 to £330.  So no addition to the cost price but the mighty 7 will get a cut of 70% of the winnings, after their full stake back of course.  That is all.

Back to the boobs.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2009, 01:16:58 AM »

Don't think you had to answer to anyone Maria, we all knew too well it was genuine.  GL.. xx

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2009, 01:19:55 AM »

By the way, I just wanted to clarify that I have paid back (or very nearly paid back) the backers the difference from £400 to £330.  So no addition to the cost price but the mighty 7 will get a cut of 70% of the winnings, after their full stake back of course.  That is all.

Back to the boobs.

Click to see full-size image.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2009, 10:05:25 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2009, 11:15:47 AM »

Am i reading this right?

You are charging a not unreasonable but top end 1.43 on the buyin, fair enough.

Then you are also charging 1.2 when people are sending the funds?? Why is 10% £40?

1.71 is a bit ridic and abusing the good faith of blonde posters.

Really don't get why you would post that James. You can sell a product at whatever price you want. Buyers can accept or decline. Once the product has been purchased what use is it making all parties feel disillusioned with the arrangement? Do you stop people on BP's forecourt to tell them petrol is too expensive? Do you write to Fernando Torres to tell him he is paid too much? The fact the seller appears 100% genuine gives buyers a better crack at a profit than some staking opportunities that get posted on this forum imo. Some have suggested you post a model you see as standard. That would be a positive way to express your views on staking value. Even then, if someone chooses to deviate from that model what business is it of yours? Anyway, many would agree Maria is better looking than you so can sell shares in herself at a higher premium than you on that basis alone.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2009, 11:40:05 AM »

no disrespect to anyone on here who has asked for staking & pls call me a grumpy old man, but when i was hitting the circuit 5 or 6 years ago you sold 10% for 10%; it always struck me as fair.
the first i ever heard of selling with a small premium was the camel who sold some %s for the wsop main event at 1.2 a year or 2 back.

So if you were staking someone in a tourney you would expect 100% of any returns ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2009, 03:49:55 PM »

So if you were staking someone in a tourney you would expect 100% of any returns ?
For a 100% stake he would,but he quoted 10% for 10%

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: