blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:06:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  SnG basics
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SnG basics  (Read 8113 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 08:31:20 PM »

Do the ICM if you disagree.

It's not a marginal thing.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:03:08 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
ScottMGee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 09:05:50 PM »

Tank, I am not an ICM expert by anymeans; consequently I cannot say whether or not it even works.

However, I would balance any theory with practical experience and I play almost exclusively 6 man SNGs on ipoker with reasonable results.

If you could share your sharkscope results, I could guage a better view of your expertise on this matter.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 09:12:11 PM »

I don't play 6-max.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 09:23:28 PM »

Tank, I am not an ICM expert by anymeans; consequently I cannot say whether or not it even works.

However, I would balance any theory with practical experience and I play almost exclusively 6 man SNGs on ipoker with reasonable results.

If you could share your sharkscope results, I could guage a better view of your expertise on this matter.

Tank is simply giving you the ICM analysis (presumably from sngwiz) and ICM is the universally accepted best theoretical model for stts. Whether Tank decides to let you know his sn or not, suffice it to say he knows what he is talking about imo.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 09:26:55 PM »

loving the swerves on the screen name request. gl on getting that info out of him scott

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 09:53:07 PM »

I pm'ed him my screen name as it's no massive secret.

It's just that I'm not a big fan of having to cite credentials before posting in strategy discussion is all. No big deal though.

henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 09:58:20 PM »

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=5334.0

See you next year.

Sandy
FuglyBaz

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 10:31:09 AM »

Tank/Longy, how easy is it to use an ICM calculator? Are they free or do you have to pay for them?

I have to admit when I saw the OP, I thought fold here. And also what a bad play by the guy who shoves 16BB.
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 10:48:43 AM »

I think if someone is throwing out opinions then you're entitled to balance their words against prior experience on the subject.

When they've actually given you the facts and figures and proven for all to see what the correct decision would be? Ought to be more than enough.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: